You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

25 comments in this topic

Members
112 posts

Everybody agrees BBs keep bluelining and not pushing. Now I don't think it's torpedoes that are the reason, because while a plot of players will legitimately straight-line and eat torpedo soup and then complain, many others understand the magical ways of WASD. 

The real problem in my book is fires. Because BBs are large, lack agility, and have poor concealment they become instant focus targets for fire. That's okay, fire's a mechanic like any other. BBs have 120 second cooldowns on their damage control. Cruisers have 90. Destroyers have 60. BBs have the longest cooldown. That's cool too. But the fire lasts 60 seconds for BBs, which is double the others. So you get more fires, they last longer, and you can't address them all. 

It's become a routine for me to go into battle, play the objective, get HE spammed into four fires or to pop a damage control for flooding, and then whaddyaknow, 4 more fires I can't do anything about. The only way to offset the severe vulnerability of fire damage is to blueline. 

Setting fires is easy. Super easy when specc'd. I'm not saying we need to set less, but that we need to more easily deal with fires. 

• Bad 2

Members
40 posts
4,323 battles

In my opinion, you are spot on. I have the same problem any time I play BBs: it's not the torpedoes that will end up getting me most of the time, it's the mass amount of HE being flung in my direction. The only thing you can really do is to try to get multiple BBs to push together (good luck with that). I still try to play through it, but it is honestly the most annoying way to be done in. It's also going to get worse in the near future, with the USN CL split. Having some way of dealing specifically with fires better, I think, would definitely improve BB gameplay.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

Before I start I will say every type has their ups and downs. The only BB line I’ve played up is the US line which has great stealth. I don’t mind pushing and eating a torp or 2 on the nose and healing it up. Fires I deal with by staying near an island or if I’m in the open making sure I stay about 13-14km out. If I take too much damage and have fires, wait 20s from my last shot, hit repair and go stealth. 

I think BB’s are some of the easiest and hardest ships to play. The skill floor is pretty much nothing whereas the skill ceiling is extremley high. You have to really know how to play them to pull off hard carries but you can easily influence the general battle.

To me, the problem at higher tiers is the HE damage + fire damage. When I was playing the NC, the most annoying thing was taking 3-6k damage salvos and starting fires. I like playing aggressive and pushing to caps, but I started to pay more attention to the ships in game. More cruisers, play farther back or with cover vs more battleships push up and tank.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

I have said many times that fire should not have been a weapon. Yes fires were common but they were only a problem when they got out of control. The question is how to reduce fire to what it historically was and what to replace it with for the cruisers and DD's.

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles

Best way to deal with fires; sink the offending dirtbag.

Second best; efficient use of Damage Control and Damage Repair.

Skills and modules can help as well.

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles

Fires should be more of a hindrance than the best damage dealer in the game.

greatly reduce fire damage per second

increase the time on fires

make fires apply a debuff like the artillery does in WoT, guns load slower (1 fire barely slower to 4 being much slower, maybe even double), reduced accuracy, reduced AA effectiveness, basically just debuffs across almost everything increasing as more fires are lit.

Members
112 posts
30 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Before I start I will say every type has their ups and downs. The only BB line I’ve played up is the US line which has great stealth. I don’t mind pushing and eating a torp or 2 on the nose and healing it up. Fires I deal with by staying near an island or if I’m in the open making sure I stay about 13-14km out. If I take too much damage and have fires, wait 20s from my last shot, hit repair and go stealth. 

I think BB’s are some of the easiest and hardest ships to play. The skill floor is pretty much nothing whereas the skill ceiling is extremley high. You have to really know how to play them to pull off hard carries but you can easily influence the general battle.

To me, the problem at higher tiers is the HE damage + fire damage. When I was playing the NC, the most annoying thing was taking 3-6k damage salvos and starting fires. I like playing aggressive and pushing to caps, but I started to pay more attention to the ships in game. More cruisers, play farther back or with cover vs more battleships push up and tank.

I definitely agree every types has their strengths and weaknesses. That's why I play everything but carriers. I've gone through all the BB lines except British, mostly on the public test. 

German battleships are the worst victimized by HE, simply because their armor scheme requires closer play to be effective and their dispersion is such garbage at range. So while US and Japanese ships might be great options for ranged play, we have an entire line focused on brawling that's been effectively neutered. 

Don't get me wrong, I still have some fantastic matches in battleships. Pic enclosed for my bragging rights. 

Buuuut for every good competitive match I have, there's probably seven, eight, maybe even nine or ten, matches where I get lit on fire, have to to repair flooding, then burn to death having caused maybe 13k damage on a good day. Fire's a problem. 

I love the game because I love ships, but the fire problem is just getting ridiculous. Even just reducing fire duration stock to a uniform level across ship types, or buffing damage control or something would help. Even having a max fire damage on the superstructure. You get burned good, it gets repaired, but can't happen again. Something like that. I'm not the dev team in charge of balance, but I can say fire's not working and needs some fixes. 

Until it does, it's time to grind cruisers and destroyers instead.

shot-18.04.24_14.56.44-0122.jpg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
53 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The question is how to reduce fire to what it historically was and what to replace it with for the cruisers and DD's.

Fire is fine, because this is a game and not a real life simulation. Ya'all have absolutely no issues with Missouri having radar that sees through islands, which is totally bogus, with battleships healing themselves in the middle of a battle, or with main battery accuracy that any WW2 Captain would have sold his own mother to have; but FIRE is something you want to complain about? Yeah ... right ... getting on that first thing!

• Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,300 battles
6 minutes ago, RagingArmadillo said:

Buuuut for every good competitive match I have, there's probably seven, eight, maybe even nine or ten, matches where I get lit on fire, have to to repair flooding, then burn to death having caused maybe 13k damage on a good day. Fire's a problem. 

I just don't understand the line of reasoning in this thread. How does you dying to fires make fires a problem? I die to citadel hits all the time, but that doesn't mean that citadels should be removed or nerfed.

Especially in the example you give here, you let yourself get set on fire enough times to require a damage con, torpedoed, and set on fire again at least once, all within 120 seconds. I'm sorry mate but you definitely screwed up there. Moreover, fires only do 0.3% of your ship's health in damage per second, meaning that for you to die to just fire damage, you would have to burn for a cumulative 333 seconds (that's 5 and a half minutes of burning).

And that doesn't even consider all the tools us BBs are given for dealing with fires! These's damage control of course, plus at least four captain skills dealing directly with reducing the impact of fire damage(I'm just thinking off the top of my head here, I may be missing some). We also have the ability to citadel nuke any cruisers that try to burn is if they make but a tiny mistake. Oh, and I nearly forgot: BBs are capable of healing 100% of fire damage. That seems like the kind of thing that might give BBs an edge over other classes in dealing with fires.

I mean, yes: fires are a problem for BBs. But BBs do need to have some weaknesses and it's not like we aren't given plenty of tools to handle a few overly enthusiastic bonfires.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Fire is fine, because this is a game and not a real life simulation. Ya'all have absolutely no issues with Missouri having radar that sees through islands, which is totally bogus, with battleships healing themselves in the middle of a battle, or with main battery accuracy that any WW2 Captain would have sold his own mother to have; but FIRE is something you want to complain about? Yeah ... right ... getting on that first thing!

No it is not fine and it never will be when it is impossible to fight it because of a union mandated break aka the cool down of damage control. It is fine to you because of the ships you drive but as I said, what can we replace fire with? This also begs the question, why does the US get an extremely long cool down?

[WOLF9]
Members
1,104 posts

The problem is not fire. The problem is somebody put long ranges on BB guns and too many people think it's a good idea to sit at the back of the map out of range of those nasty, sharp, pointy torpedoes, and those mean fire flinging cruisers and (apparently, without the slightest conception of irony) fire HE at people when they are not too busy complaining that the DDs are not being their personal seeing eye dogs. The solution, take hostages (sadly this will be rejected). Just cut BB gun ranges in half. Honestly, three fourths of the people with 20Km guns can't hit anything over 10Km away anyway, and even if they can, dispersion turns gunnery into a crapshoot.

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles
5 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

The problem is not fire. The problem is somebody put long ranges on BB guns and too many people think it's a good idea to sit at the back of the map out of range of those nasty, sharp, pointy torpedoes, and those mean fire flinging cruisers and (apparently, without the slightest conception of irony) fire HE at people when they are not too busy complaining that the DDs are not being their personal seeing eye dogs. The solution, take hostages (sadly this will be rejected). Just cut BB gun ranges in half. Honestly, three fourths of the people with 20Km guns can't hit anything over 10Km away anyway, and even if they can, dispersion turns gunnery into a crapshoot.

Reducing battleship range to 10k would make battleships the worst ships in the game, they would be dead before they even get into firing range

the real problem is cruisers like cleveland that can deal 10k damage per barrage with a 6 second reload and light like 2 fires every barrage, I dont think anyone has sat behind because of a fear of torpedoes because torpedoes only hit the people in the far back or leading the charge the guys in the middle has the rest of the fleet watching out for torpedoes so he can dodge them. And clearly fire is a massive problem because its the #1 damage dealer in the entire game main battery hits dont even come slightly close but they have the fire spamm burning away half your health over the course of a minute + their 2k damage per shot HE shells that are pelting you, its bad enough when you can outrange them and they have to close the range gap but imagine if you had to drive 6km just to be able to engage an enemy cruiser while hes mindlessly spamming 2k damage shells at you and lighting fires, now imagine doing that with 3 cruisers youd be dead before you were in range.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

No it is not fine and it never will be when it is impossible to fight it because of a union mandated break aka the cool down of damage control. It is fine to you because of the ships you drive but as I said, what can we replace fire with? This also begs the question, why does the US get an extremely long cool down?

I notice you didn't address any of the other unrealistic aspects of BB play that I mentioned, yet you tell me fire is fine to me because of the ships I play. Why would anyone want to replace fire; it seems to work just fine, and affects every class of ship, albeit some more than others , which I am sure is due to balance.

And as far as your second question: Why does the US get an extremely long cool down? Why do German and French BBs get long range secondaries? Why does radar see through islands? Why do BBs get heal? Why have BBs had their accuracy buffed by almost 400%?

BALANCE. Fire is the great equalizer, what allows cruisers and gunboat DDs to keep BBs honest. So, if you don't like the balance ... Oh well! Life is hard! Git Gud! And any one of a hundred other patronizing little sayings BB drivers have come up with whenever anyone complains about BB abilities.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,104 posts
1 hour ago, manon45 said:

Reducing battleship range to 10k would make battleships the worst ships in the game, they would be dead before they even get into firing range

And this would be such a bad thing?

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles
33 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I notice you didn't address any of the other unrealistic aspects of BB play that I mentioned, yet you tell me fire is fine to me because of the ships I play. Why would anyone want to replace fire; it seems to work just fine, and affects every class of ship, albeit some more than others , which I am sure is due to balance.

And as far as your second question: Why does the US get an extremely long cool down? Why do German and French BBs get long range secondaries? Why does radar see through islands? Why do BBs get heal? Why have BBs had their accuracy buffed by almost 400%?

BALANCE. Fire is the great equalizer, what allows cruisers and gunboat DDs to keep BBs honest. So, if you don't like the balance ... Oh well! Life is hard! Git Gud! And any one of a hundred other patronizing little sayings BB drivers have come up with whenever anyone complains about BB abilities.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.

The thing that lets cruisers and gunboat DD's fight against BB's is that HE completely ignore armor angles and only cares about the armor thickness allowing them to mindlessly spamm HE to their hearts content at everything except the BB's armor belt and be landing consistent high damage volleys, and if they dont have HE like the british cruisers then they can unload AP into the super structure for slightly higher but less consistent damage.

There is nothing in the game even close to as deadly as fires, citadel hits are easily avoided by not showing full broadside and if cruisers actually played their ship correctly they wouldn't be taking many hits at all, flooding is once again easily avoided because torps really aren't that hard to dodge if they dont suddenly just appear 3 feet away from you because of manual torp drop cancer and if you do happen to get hit pop the damage control and its gone they cant fire torps at you every 6 seconds like HE shells.

As I said earlier fires should still do some damage but not be the main reason to use HE is should just be a bit of added damage, instead fires should apply some debuffs across the board for ships, about a year ago I saw a thread where someone suggested when ships are on fire AA crews only work on half efficiency so I decided to expand upon his ideas and just make it so the rest of the ship is slightly less efficient as they work to get those fires out.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles

You want fire nerfed. Cruisers want BB accuracy nerfed. DDs want their torps not to be spotted from 5 miles away. CVs just want their ships to work correctly. But not one of you wants the game balanced; instead you want to remove, alter, fix, or do away with whatever it is in the game you aren't good enough to deal with.

Many, many BB players successfully deal with fire, game in and game out; guess you had better start asking them how they avoid it because it ain't goin' away Pookie! Just like radar that sees through islands, smoke, and air drops of torps from 0.3 K away from your ship, fires are here to stay. So either GIT GUD or don't; they're your ships, feel free to play them as poorly as you wish. Just please don't make the rest of us have to listen to it.

Members
112 posts
5 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

I just don't understand the line of reasoning in this thread. How does you dying to fires make fires a problem? I die to citadel hits all the time, but that doesn't mean that citadels should be removed or nerfed.

Especially in the example you give here, you let yourself get set on fire enough times to require a damage con, torpedoed, and set on fire again at least once, all within 120 seconds. I'm sorry mate but you definitely screwed up there. Moreover, fires only do 0.3% of your ship's health in damage per second, meaning that for you to die to just fire damage, you would have to burn for a cumulative 333 seconds (that's 5 and a half minutes of burning).

And that doesn't even consider all the tools us BBs are given for dealing with fires! These's damage control of course, plus at least four captain skills dealing directly with reducing the impact of fire damage(I'm just thinking off the top of my head here, I may be missing some). We also have the ability to citadel nuke any cruisers that try to burn is if they make but a tiny mistake. Oh, and I nearly forgot: BBs are capable of healing 100% of fire damage. That seems like the kind of thing that might give BBs an edge over other classes in dealing with fires.

I mean, yes: fires are a problem for BBs. But BBs do need to have some weaknesses and it's not like we aren't given plenty of tools to handle a few overly enthusiastic bonfires.

I notice that in response to reliably printing citadels when I started playing we saw changes to armor schemes and potentially penetration mechanics to lessen things like how explodey the Omaha was. When things are enough of an issue for the playerbase, changes happen. You can trashtalk me, but by no means is my experience in any way unusual for the playerbase. Now if your only concern is say, getting to the top of ranked like a ninja-gladiator in pursuit of death or glory that's fine. But that makes you a distinct minority, and Wargaming is obliged as a sane business model to cater to the bulk of their players.

Now in my defense, I roll with cruisers in German battleships. In this most recent example I slowed to avoid torpedoes I assumed were coming around an island. I was on fire already and reserving DC in case I needed it. The destroyer then surprised me by suicidally rushing around and into my guns and secondaries and launching then. I only ate two, but I was flooding so I popped my damage control. I then sped up again, and seeing as my flank was buckling, fired off a salvo and started a retreat. In the process of my turn I was lit on fire. 4x. My repair party was insignificant, and I popped damage control when it came off the cooldown. I was then hit before I could lose visibility from the enemy, and lit on fire because HE. I then died on fire before I could get to cover. If there's a problem in this scenario with what I did tactically and not merely executionally, it's that I pushed. Increasingly hanging back is the only viable strategy I've observed and that's a problem.

Remember how Jingles at the community contributor event got a map going that was designed to make battleships push? It's because pushing is far too punishing, and the majority of that punishment is fire.

Now if you can reliably delete wasd and angled cruisers at 16km and punish them suitably  with deletions I need to know which battleship line I should've picked instead of German. My experience in the current meta is that dispersion limits my number of citadels, and that ships I used to be able to farm citadels off of, even in cruisers, are now much more difficult. Like I said, we addressed the unfun prevalence of that. The only option right now for fires is to spec a captain entirely for survivability and lose those unique builds you could do, like secondaries or concealment or AA. There's a reason people jokingly refer to 'no other choice mod 2', and the entire point of captain skills should be that they offer you options based on personal play style. Not that one is completely necessary because of the mechanics or the meta. 

18 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You want fire nerfed. Cruisers want BB accuracy nerfed. DDs want their torps not to be spotted from 5 miles away. CVs just want their ships to work correctly. But not one of you wants the game balanced; instead you want to remove, alter, fix, or do away with whatever it is in the game you aren't good enough to deal with.

Many, many BB players successfully deal with fire, game in and game out; guess you had better start asking them how they avoid it because it ain't goin' away Pookie! Just like radar that sees through islands, smoke, and air drops of torps from 0.3 K away from your ship, fires are here to stay. So either GIT GUD or don't; they're your ships, feel free to play them as poorly as you wish. Just please don't make the rest of us have to listen to it.

BB accuracy is already fairly nerfed. Torpedo spotting has some options, and the Germans have their national flavor. And everybody wants CVs to work. If only so our AA builds can get some use. 

It's interested you bracketed alter and fix with 'remove' and 'do away.' The proposal here's based on bringing BB fires more in line with fires universally. Not to y'know, get rid of fires. You're making a big strawman here and are using it to prop up a solution of "I acknowledge there may be a problem, but you should just be better." If we never addressed problems we wouldn't have airbags or seatbelts, it's in the nature of people to make progress when there's problems. 

As to making 'the rest of us' listen to it, you're the one reading and commenting in here. You don't have to. Don't ever forget you have your own agency to not smash your face into a concrete wall that is people on the internet we disagree with. 

The whole reason I've bothered to make a suggestion here, and my first post in a small eternity, is because I genuinely think fire needs some adjustments. Do too many people play BBs? Yes. Are too many of them bad? Yes. Can high skill players offset weaknesses in the mechanics? Yes. I'll concede all of that, but this is a sensible issue to look at our options for balance. Reflexively defending every other balance problem isn't gonna help anybody here. 

Members
112 posts
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

May RNGesus forgive the double-post but I just saw this. 

Fire is a contributing factor. One of the issues in-game is that pushing doesn't net any more experience most of the time when compared to blue-lining. Cowardly players are a problem too, but I did a little experiment with a division buddy last month. We compared the results of pushing or bluelining and to our surprise, our average results were about the same. It's a damned-if-you-do damned-if-you-don't type thing. You push? You'll get focused with HE and burned to Anakin Skywalker toast. You blueline? Well then you're a useless sad hunk of junk, but there's not really any consequence. If anything everybody who bluelines and watches a pushing BB die can sagely nod to themselves and feel vindicated. 

Overall I think you're partly onto something. Not a literal half, but keep BB gun ranges maybe 2-4 km more than cruisers. Reduce the range to put them in the game. But the stick, to me, seems to require a carrot. Matched set, oak box. Heritage product for the children. 

People have settled on the Oprah-Winfrey "Check under your seats, you get an HE shell! You all get HE shells!" approach because it's rewarding them. My suggestion to this is that we lessen the reward or the ease of getting it. I don't think anybody wants say, AP buffs. We don't need everybody getting citadel'd like the Omaha was the only cruiser in-game. But we need BBs to stop sitting in the spawn and firing HE at something 24 km away. Call me crazy but I don't think 20 km deepwater torps is gonna do that as well as reducing the extremely unique vulnerability of BBs to HE. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
10 hours ago, RagingArmadillo said:

BB accuracy is already fairly nerfed.

Total nonsense; as BBs historically enjoyed a less than 5% hit rate, which is nothing near what they get in game, where hit percentages can go up to 25% or higher. your statement that BB accuracy has been nerfed is totally untrue and complete tripe.

You're making a big strawman here and are using it to prop up a solution of "I acknowledge there may be a problem, but you should just be better."

Wrong again; I'm saying there is NO PROBLEM as fires are universal and affect everyone. And you should get better, because the players who have don't have issues with fire.

Don't ever forget you have your own agency to not smash your face into a concrete wall that is people on the internet we disagree with.

Could you repeat this in English?

this is a sensible issue to look at our options for balance.

No, this is a slanted and biased look at making the ships you play better.

[POP]
Members
854 posts
9,759 battles

Don't ever forget you have your own agency to not smash your face into a concrete wall that is people on the internet we disagree with. 

8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

He said "don't."

don't even.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
4 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

He said "don't."

don't even.

This makes even less sense than he did, LOL!

• Funny 1

Members
112 posts
18 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Total nonsense; as BBs historically enjoyed a less than 5% hit rate, which is nothing near what they get in game, where hit percentages can go up to 25% or higher. your statement that BB accuracy has been nerfed is totally untrue and complete tripe.

Wrong again; I'm saying there is NO PROBLEM as fires are universal and affect everyone. And you should get better, because the players who have don't have issues with fire.

No, this is a slanted and biased look at making the ships you play better.

The game isn't historical, it's an arcade. I've never made any historical arguments and if I did, they'd be that torpedoes need to have homing options and a high dud rate. Don't confuse the arguments I'm making, when I say BB accuracy has been nerf'd I mean that your ability to precisely place shots into vulnerable bits has declined rather dramatically since I started playing. Partly because it was OP and unfair to cruisers, which manifested in changes. 

The issue, to reiterate, is that fires on BBs are much, much worse than fires on any other class. Wiki says "A fire which is allowed to burn for the full duration on a battleship will consume 18% of a ship's maximum health, 9% of a cruisers or destroyers maximum health and 24% of a carriers maximum health." 

That's Okay since carriers aren't supposed to be in direct fire. But double the other classes, when you're already the easiest target to hit in the first place? That's a bit high and needs some adjustment. The point of a battleship when a team pushes is to tank damage. Making it take more damage than the others isn't a smart strategy to encourage that, it makes people think a BB is a sniper rifle. It's not. 

Sorry if my advice didn't make sense to you. Agency is your ability to direct and control yourself. You don't have to be here. Nobody is making you listen to this, you're here and choosing to engage over it. If you're overwhelmed by that and want to get away from it, go ahead. Don't stay and argue because you feel you have to. It's an online game, and not worth your time to stress over.

As a reminder from my original post, I play all classes except carriers. My port right now has 19 cruisers, 9 battleships, and 6 destroyers. I am not saying this because "I only play bbs" as you seem to think, but because in any other class fire's not a problem. I'm commenting on a problem I noticed. That's all. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
9 minutes ago, RagingArmadillo said:

I say BB accuracy has been nerf'd I mean that your ability to precisely place shots into vulnerable bits has declined rather dramatically since I started playing.

You are wrong, BB accuracy has not been nerfed at all, at least not the across the boards nerf you're talking about. Single ships may have had their stats tweaked for balance, but that is certainly NOT exclusive to BBs at all. However, if you disagree with this, please show me where any across the boards BB accuracy nerf was implemented?

12 minutes ago, RagingArmadillo said:

fires on BBs are much, much worse than fires on any other class.

How can the fires on BBs be worse than on any other TYPE (not class) of ship when CVs enjoy 6% greater damage due to fires. (or are you going to argue that 18 is greater than 24?) And where are the percentages on DDs? Either way, BBs also get healed, which restores all fire damage; how can you complain about something you can heal back if you only use the consumable correctly? You see, the issue isn't the damage, the issue is you don't know how to avoid nor properly deal with the damage you're receiving.

17 minutes ago, RagingArmadillo said:

Agency is your ability to direct and control yourself.

Whose dictionary did you get THAT definition out of?

17 minutes ago, RagingArmadillo said:

It's an online game, and not worth your time to stress over.

And yet my suggestions on how to make this game better are stressing you; why?

19 minutes ago, RagingArmadillo said:

in any other class fire's not a problem.

Wow, did you ever get THAT statement wrong!

Members
112 posts
7 hours ago, Umikami said:

You are wrong, BB accuracy has not been nerfed at all, at least not the across the boards nerf you're talking about. Single ships may have had their stats tweaked for balance, but that is certainly NOT exclusive to BBs at all. However, if you disagree with this, please show me where any across the boards BB accuracy nerf was implemented?

How can the fires on BBs be worse than on any other TYPE (not class) of ship when CVs enjoy 6% greater damage due to fires. (or are you going to argue that 18 is greater than 24?) And where are the percentages on DDs? Either way, BBs also get healed, which restores all fire damage; how can you complain about something you can heal back if you only use the consumable correctly? You see, the issue isn't the damage, the issue is you don't know how to avoid nor properly deal with the damage you're receiving.

Whose dictionary did you get THAT definition out of?

And yet my suggestions on how to make this game better are stressing you; why?

Wow, did you ever get THAT statement wrong!

Look buddy, if you're not willing to actually read what I wrote, pointing out carriers aren't supposed to be detected frontline assets, then I'm not willing to try to keep giving you the benefot of the doubt. You're just being a [edited] while I'm patient and trying to respectfully engage with conversation. I'm just gonna ignore you now. Bai.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, RagingArmadillo said:

I'm just gonna ignore you now. Bai.

That's what I'd say if I was losing an argument because I was wrong; actually, I wouldn't, but you obviously would. Respectfully engage anything you want; whenever you actually get a point. Till then ... burn, baby, burn!