Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Asashio the potatoes killer

10 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
387 posts
11,701 battles

Against competent BB players, the Asashio brought minimal to zero threats to the game, I have encountered a lone wolf Repulique dodging every single one of my torps by using WASD hax0r,  another time i was stalking Alabama and she immediately activated her WASD right after she survived my first wave of torps ,and i couldn't get him afterward.   Potatoes BB who sailed in straight line, made predictable maneuver, on reverse for extended period of time, or parked and camped in tight spots are the one that got punished the most by her metal fish of death.    Her gun reload is slow at 7s, and the turret traverse is absolute garbage like all other IJN DD, but she is still capable of sitting in smoke spamming HE to set cruisers, BB, and DD on fire, chipping away their HP steadily.

The Asashio is not just a one trick pony, she has got two more tricks up her sleeve: concealment and speed.   With 5.4km concealment, one of the best in game, you could take advantage of it and get caps safely, need not mentioned you simply do not charge into the cap blindly in the beginning of the round when the red team have several Des Moines, Moskva, and other radar ships camping behind islands.  With signals and engine boost mod she could also get up to 39 knots for 3min, not a lot of DD could outspot or outrun her, the one that could catch up to me i have lured them straight into the lion den, with our cruisers sailing just around the corner.  In open water there isn't much you can do if a khab is dead set on hunting you down in late stage of the game, before you throw in the towel just try to land as many shells as you can at the predator, so you don't get sunk in vain.   Your main objective is helping the team win, not by spending the entire game chasing after 1 BB, which made very little to zero contribution to victory.  I enjoy playing DD as much as Cruisers and BB, therefore I think this little boat is worth it for me.

Asashio.JPG

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,249 battles

Nice post sounds like you have skill with this DD :)

Members
3,562 posts
6,867 battles

Agreed with OP. Potato killer for sure but a potent threat against even savvy BB players if you can launch from a closer range--I used the captain skill to boost the speed to 72 knots @ 16 kms range. These are not easy to dodge.

Great for later game cap-stealing and a great spotter the whole battle as well.

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,951 battles

Meanwhile, down at tier III, there are no Asashios. And few carriers. What a marvelous time to be wallowing in the boonies.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
58 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Meanwhile, down at tier III, there are no Asashios. And few carriers. What a marvelous time to be wallowing in the boonies.

personally, I prefer tier 4 myself ... Yes, there are carriers, but I play a Yubari, so ... who cares?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

I hate seeing these on my team.  While competent ones might be an asset, most of them seem to like the BB style of play of spam from max range, while not doing any of the things that DD players actually influence a game by doing, such as capping.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
25,018 battles
13 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I hate seeing these on my team.  While competent ones might be an asset, most of them seem to like the BB style of play of spam from max range, while not doing any of the things that DD players actually influence a game by doing, such as capping.

The closer you are to your target, the higher your chances of scoring a hit.  Launching at 15 km leaves battleship wide gaps in the torp spread. Maybe you get a hit, and maybe you don’t. Launching at a target 8 km away, WASD hax shouldn’t help your target much. 

Hopefully the bad players will give up on Asashio sometime soon. The top 25% of Perth players have a win rate of 66% with average damage of 51k.  The top 25% of Cleveland players win 61% of the time and do 43k. Is Perth really that much stronger than Cleveland?  No. However, the people who play Perth today know how to play her. 

Sign in to follow this