You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wbulldogNA

Upcoming American Cruisers, whats going on with my ships

14 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
655 battles

I have a Cleveland in my port, and I have researched and played the New Orleans.The Worcester is intriguing, as I am a fan of the Cleveland and the British LC. As I have sold the New Orleans, but have the Cleveland in port, whats going to happen? Will I be keeping the Cleveland as a Tier 8, or will I get the Tier 6 Pensacola? Also, will I have researched the Baltimore, or Cleveland?

I really didn't like the Pensacola or New Orleans as they were kind of slow, thin armored, and the way I play meant I got killed quickly without much damage. I really hope I get to choose, because I would like to get the Worcester instead of the Des Moines. Do any of you know how this will be dealt with?

[WOLF2]
Members
381 posts
6,225 battles

You will keep the Cleveland which will be in the new line at tier 8 and also get the Pensacola (or maybe Dallas) at tier 6 as a replacement for the Cleveland.

I'm not sure how the research part will work. I guess you've researched the tier 8 so you will now have researched the Baltimore, but you'll have to buy it.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,497 posts
2,439 battles

According to dev statements, you don't have to have the ship in port to get the compensation.  If you have researched but sold NO, it will remain in that state when it moves down.  Likewise Pensie.  T8 Baltimore will appear as researched but not bought.

If you have the XP, you should research -- but not buy -- Baltimore.  Clan discounts don't apply at Tier 9, so you can buy it cheaper when it drops to T8.  By researching it, though, you also will have researched the new Buffalo.

Edited by iDuckman

[NUWES]
Members
1,677 posts
5,611 battles

It sounds like if you have Cleveland in port currently (old T6), you get new Cleveland ( new CL T8) but will also get  Pensacola (new CA T6). You do not get Dallas free (new CL T6).

If you had Baltimore (old T9) you get Baltimore (new CA T8) and the system will spawn Buffalo for you (new CA T9) to replace her. I think If you had New Orleans (old T8) researched but don't have the actual ship in port, you just get Baltimore (new CA T8) unlocked, but not the ship itself (I'm not sure if all modules are unlocked or just stock). 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,497 posts
2,439 battles
6 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

(I'm not sure if all modules are unlocked or just stock). 

That's a question I haven't seen addressed.  If you sell a ship with modules, obviously there will be no modules to compensate.  But if you keep the modules in Inventory, what happens to them?  Could be tricky.

Edited by iDuckman

[TDG]
Members
1,220 posts
6,065 battles
16 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That's a question I haven't seen addressed.  If you sell a ship with modules, obviously there will be no modules to compensate.  But if you keep the modules in Inventory, what happens to them?  Could be tricky.

The new Tier 8 Cleveland will arrive stock.  I'm pretty sure of this.  It should have access to any permanent camouflage that was available to the Tier 6 Cleveland

Any Upgrades will have been removed before the ship was removed from Tier 6 and have been added to the Inventory.  (They may have been duplicated as well, but I am less sure of this.) 

Modules will have been removed as well.  If they are no longer compatible with a ship remaining after the split, I expect compensation which may include Ship XP as well as credits.  (I expect the Ship XP, if any, to accrue against the new Tier 6 Pensacola.)

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,195 posts
18,949 battles
51 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

It sounds like if you have Cleveland in port currently (old T6), you get new Cleveland ( new CL T8) but will also get  Pensacola (new CA T6). You do not get Dallas free (new CL T6).

If you had Baltimore (old T9) you get Baltimore (new CA T8) and the system will spawn Buffalo for you (new CA T9) to replace her. I think If you had New Orleans (old T8) researched but don't have the actual ship in port, you just get Baltimore (new CA T8) unlocked, but not the ship itself (I'm not sure if all modules are unlocked or just stock). 

Not sure of this. I found tons of new ships in my port after they changed the VMF DD techtree.

Here is the way they did the VMF DD split. But you need to have the ship to get it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-062/

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles

According to what I have read in this Forum, and what I have seen in CC vids, you should keep all of the USN cruisers you have until after the split. This will insure that you get the maximum return after the split. Some players have posted that you should also take advantage and get as many permanent camos as possible for that line, as you will be rewarded for them also.

[RLGN]
Members
475 posts
4,384 battles
30 minutes ago, Umikami said:

According to what I have read in this Forum, and what I have seen in CC vids, you should keep all of the USN cruisers you have until after the split. This will insure that you get the maximum return after the split. Some players have posted that you should also take advantage and get as many permanent camos as possible for that line, as you will be rewarded for them also.

Well, get some, especially with them on sale right now.  The idea is if you have the permanent camo say on a Cleveland when it moves you'll get a T8 Cleveland with permanent camo (which would normally be more expensive).  However for ships like the Pensacola moving down that's actually hurting you since you're paying for T7 camo which will be moved to T6 with the ship.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,795 battles

Here are some videos on the upcoming U.S cruiser line split from several community contributors from the WG dev blog posts as well as their experiences on the test server.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
30 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

The idea is if you have the permanent camo say on a Cleveland when it moves you'll get a T8 Cleveland with permanent camo (which would normally be more expensive). 

From what I've been told you get permanent camo on BOTH the old and new ships.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I only wish WG would officially Announce what is going to be the hows and whys. This tight lipped stuff is driving me Crazy.{ Short Trip in my case}

Members
629 posts

The interview with the Two Devs / WOWS NAs said it will be similar to Russian DD split but very worthwhile with expressions of big eyes.

I have all the  USA CAs from tier 6 to 10 and had three 19 point and two 14 point Captains. But the wait is too long and the Captains are back on other ships. These are not going to be premium ships so they can be buffed and nerfed at WOWs will.  I am still interested but not that excited.