You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jdeltaarrow

getting reported checks and balances

89 comments in this topic

[LEIGG]
Alpha Tester
166 posts
2,796 battles

Got a "pink tag" today.  Unsportsmanlike/ inactivity.  Had a power outage...second time in 30 minutes.  In the second game i stated it had just happened to me in previous game...and lo and behold  I'm knocked out again.  So i get reported by someone who doesn't pay attention.  The thing that concerns me is there is no direct appeal process.  Did you do this/ is there proof?  No biggie  you say.  So if something else happens then i get a ban.  Right submit a ticket...wait 48 hours before they respond by then I'm normal again and that is what they say. But I've done that.  Question is do they remove the report even if I have "served my penalty " successfully?

So fictional situation.  some guy tells you to go to A you go to B  you get reported.  You have no rights.  You are in violation because you got reported.  So the week before you launched a spread of torps and  one of your team blunders into it.  Oh oh.  You are now in double violation you are an evil player and you got banned.  Way to  arbitrary here in my opinion.

I want team killers punished, but unless someone is constantly afk there should be a separate violation category and it should not be based solely on someone complaining

• Bad 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
3 minutes ago, jdeltaarrow said:

Got a "pink tag" today.  Unsportsmanlike/ inactivity.  Had a power outage...second time in 30 minutes.  In the second game i stated it had just happened to me in previous game...and lo and behold  I'm knocked out again.  So i get reported by someone who doesn't pay attention.  The thing that concerns me is there is no direct appeal process.  Did you do this/ is there proof?  No biggie  you say.  So if something else happens then i get a ban.  Right submit a ticket...wait 48 hours before they respond by then I'm normal again and that is what they say. But I've done that.  Question is do they remove the report even if I have "served my penalty " successfully?

So fictional situation.  some guy tells you to go to A you go to B  you get reported.  You have no rights.  You are in violation because you got reported.  So the week before you launched a spread of torps and  one of your team blunders into it.  Oh oh.  You are now in double violation you are an evil player and you got banned.  Way to  arbitrary here in my opinion.

I want team killers punished, but unless someone is constantly afk there should be a separate violation category and it should not be based solely on someone complaining

They have no control of reports, also the reports are karma lol.... 

besides being afk for two battles no matter what the cause will always get you reported

Members
9,961 posts

Reports mean nothing.....

They only affect Karma, which in turn means nothing....

Unfortunately the new automated system doesn't care if you have a connection problem, it;'s automatic.

Members
567 posts
75 battles

Why do you not have a UPS?   I have zero sympathy for people who do not take personal ownership and build the proper environment for stable and effective gaming.  If you're playing solo games, by all means, do what you want, but the sense of entitlement is clouding your ability to respect the rest of the people who you're negatively affecting by not being a responsible gamer.

EDIT: Go ahead and down vote you anonymous coward whoever you are.  You're just showing how low a quality person you are by supporting selfishness instead of putting the team ahead of you.

EDIT2:  Keep down voting.  You all are just proving my point that so much of the player base are selfish, entitled loners who can't see past their own individual needs to take two seconds to think "what's best for the TEAM?"

Edited by A_Crying_Hipster
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 44

Members
1,866 posts

Power outages can be an issue during spring storms here. Take the punishment or don't play during iffy power situations. You already knew you might go out again, and basically told your team, too bad.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
7 minutes ago, jdeltaarrow said:

IpRp8jj.gif

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
9,961 posts
8 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Why do you not have a UPS?   I have zero sympathy for people who do not take personal ownership and build the proper environment for stable and effective gaming.  If you're playing solo games, by all means, do what you want, but the sense of entitlement is clouding your ability to respect the rest of the people who you're negatively affecting by not being a responsible gamer.

EDIT: Go ahead and down vote you anonymous coward whoever you are.  You're just showing how low a quality person you are by supporting selfishness instead of putting the team ahead of you.

Really? 

You're angry at the guy for downvoting you, when 'you're using an alt to post in the forums?:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,590 posts
8,995 battles

The only in game report that has any real impact on you is for misbehavior in chat which can and should be appealed if you were not misbehaving to avoid increasing punishments for later reports.

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,681 battles

There's many way to get around the problem.

Internet outage: Run hotspot from your cellphone to your computer, so you can resume and finish the game, I have done it twice when Verizon Fios went out for several hours and there weren't significant issue with lag from tethering, it's completely playable.

Power outage: Use your laptop to get back into game, or better yet ....run UPS, as someone else already suggested

There simply isn't any legit excuses to be AFK, putting your team at risk and you should be punished for it, i'm so very glad the new update is working as intended now!

Edited by Xcalib3r
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 12

Members
3 posts
10,269 battles

Well said.  If there is something, connectivity, PC, electricity, guest interruptions, etc.,  that will possibly interfere don't press the battle button.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

Members
4,541 posts
6,434 battles
18 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

There's many way to get around the problem.

Internet outage: Run hotspot from your cellphone to your computer, so you can resume and finish the game, I have done it twice when Verizon Fios went out for several hours and there weren't significant issue with lag from tethering, it's completely playable.

Power outage: Use your laptop to get back into game, or better yet ....run UPS, as someone else already suggested

There simply isn't any legit excuses to be AFK, putting your team at risk and you should be punished for it, i'm so very glad the new update is working as intended now!

Interesting advice. Tech wizard!:Smile_honoring:

I don't however agree, with all due respect, that there are NO legit excuses for going AFK. I have been a couple of times. Plumber showed up knocking at door. Had to go let him in and talk about my flooded kitchen.  Had I not left game and let him in he would have left and I would have had a huge water damage bill. Is this one legit?  Heh...I dunno. I guess I could have not played knowing the plumber was coming but hell he said it would be "sometime" that afternoon. Now indeed there are players who go AFK for silly reasons...like cell phone addiction.  Just GOTTA answer that Faceless Book notice.  Just gotta!  Carry on mate.

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,681 battles

I would suggest WG to push this further on the next patch, all AFK scrubs ought to have their account suspended for 1 week for first offender, 1 month for 2nd time offender, and permanently banned the 3rd time.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 11

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,681 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Interesting advice. Tech wizard!:Smile_honoring:

I don't however agree, with all due respect, that there are NO legit excuses for going AFK. I have been a couple of times. Plumber showed up knocking at door. Had to go let him in and talk about my flooded kitchen.  Had I not left game and let him in he would have left and I would have had a huge water damage bill. Is this one legit?  Heh...I dunno. I guess I could have not played knowing the plumber was coming but hell he said it would be "sometime" that afternoon. Now indeed there are players who go AFK for silly reasons...like cell phone addiction.  Just GOTTA answer that Faceless Book notice.  Just gotta!  Carry on mate.

When a plumber show up knocking on your door, you simply tell him you're in the middle of something, let him in to proceed with then repair then you can finish your game.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
4,541 posts
6,434 battles
1 minute ago, Xcalib3r said:

I would suggest WG to push this further on the next patch, all AFK scrubs ought to have their account suspended for 1 week for first offender, 1 month for 2nd time offender, and permanently banned the 3rd time.

So you have NEVER had a serious issue when playing where you just had to leave?  Never?  Hey I don't like AFK's either but sometimes things can happen.  I do agree on bans but 1 week for first offender?  Bit over the top IMO. Chronic offenders?  We are on the same page there!

Members
4,541 posts
6,434 battles
1 minute ago, Xcalib3r said:

When a plumber show up knocking on your door, you simply tell him you're in the middle of something, let him in to proceed with then repair then you can finish your game.

Ya but I had to discuss things with him that were very important!  Like...."Do you get teased a lot about plumber's butt" :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Members
567 posts
75 battles
37 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Really? 

You're angry at the guy for downvoting you, when 'you're using an alt to post in the forums?:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

#1. Where do you get anger from?  I'm not angry, not even close.  How could you be  that far removed from my actual emotional state?  What do you think could be a valid explanation for your lack of awareness?

#2. How do you draw a relevant connection between a player's inability to build a proper online gaming setup, yet blame others... to my being logged in as my alt account?  How many hits to the head with a brick do you think it should take for an average intelligence person to lose their deductive reasoning skills to that extent?

• Boring 2
  • Bad 14

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,681 battles

I have been playing this game since beta and don't recall ever being AFK, i simply do not play when there's some scheduled or expected events around the corner, or when i was baking or cooking knowing i had to constantly check the stove/oven, i don't play when i was expecting companies and visitors, etc.  When i played my game, be it WOWs, BF4, COD, and even xbox racing game Forza, i stay fully engaged and committed the minute i press start or begin.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
519 posts
2,389 battles

Being AFK is about the worst offense anyone can commit in life. In my country, the electric utilities usually don't have any outage from one year to the next. If I lived in a hit or miss country, I'd probably have a UPS. Also, an ISP issue is no excuse. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to multiple ISP's clearly doesn't take the game seriously enough to have a right to play. Actually, the game itself crashes often enough that it is never advisable to risk entering a battle, when you might be booted out and take 5 minutes or more to get back in. That could cause your team to lose. Has anyone actually tried waiting to see how the new system works out? It may well be the system is flagging you afk, not any player reports. I personally don't usually report, or even notice, when some chump is afk. If a battleship steams to the nearest island and stays there for no reason, I'll report him or her afk. A lot of players take a couple minutes to load in, anyway. Same with team killing, the system flags you whether or not the player reports. Being AFK in a pvp battle should be punished with at least a week ban.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[VOP]
Members
269 posts
7,034 battles
26 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

So, there would be 10 players left in a year or so?

• Cool 3

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

I got reported twice today.

for threatening to TK someone who was being.... very colourful in chat. Didnt actually fire a shot though.

Reported by two people who went pink and nearly sunk from doing damage to me. lols.

btw, you guys are welcome for the kills, caps and win I got for you with my remaining 1/3 hp.

The pink DD said there would be a youtube video of my transgressions. I hope he links it so I can watch him go pink again.

• Funny 1

[VOP]
Members
269 posts
7,034 battles
7 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

Being AFK is about the worst offense anyone can commit in life. In my country, the electric utilities usually don't have any outage from one year to the next. If I lived in a hit or miss country, I'd probably have a UPS. Also, an ISP issue is no excuse. Anyone who doesn't subscribe to multiple ISP's clearly doesn't take the game seriously enough to have a right to play. Actually, the game itself crashes often enough that it is never advisable to risk entering a battle, when you might be booted out and take 5 minutes or more to get back in. That could cause your team to lose. Has anyone actually tried waiting to see how the new system works out? It may well be the system is flagging you afk, not any player reports. I personally don't usually report, or even notice, when some chump is afk. If a battleship steams to the nearest island and stays there for no reason, I'll report him or her afk. A lot of players take a couple minutes to load in, anyway. Same with team killing, the system flags you whether or not the player reports. Being AFK in a pvp battle should be punished with at least a week ban.

I can think of a few worse offenses in life, murder, [edited], robbery, extortion, etc, lol.  Multiple ISP's?  Who the hell would pay more than one monthly bill for ISPs for a free to play game?  And blaming players for WG's bad code?  That is hilarious.  Sounds like someone needs to step away and take a breath of real life.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
567 posts
75 battles
13 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

I have been playing this game since beta and don't recall ever being AFK, i simply do not play when there's some scheduled or expected events around the corner, or when i was baking or cooking knowing i had to constantly check the stove/oven, i don't play when i was expecting companies and visitors, etc.  When i played my game, be it WOWs, BF4, COD, and even xbox racing game Forza, i stay fully engaged and committed the minute i press start or begin.

That's because you have what a ton of people on this forum clearly lack based on the down votes to my comments:  basic time management skills, self-discipline and respect of other peoples' time.

You're a person of principle and the sickest part about this is that the people who think they're individual fun is more important than the fun of 11 other people have no comprehension of how selfish and entitled they really are.  That's ok Xcalib3r, we may not be able to take these people over our knee and give them the spanking their father clearly never gave them but their attitudes and lack of respect is destroying their opportunities in life both in personal and business relationships and they're getting punished for it in lost opportunities.  Of course, they will deny that because they don't have the perspective to see what they could be experiencing if they made better decisions.  After all, how do you know you have a denial problem when denial is the very problem you have right?  They're clueless.  All they'll do is anonymously down vote, it's their coping mechanism because it's a lot easier to do than actually take ownership and behave like a decent human being.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 11

[VOP]
Members
269 posts
7,034 battles
3 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

That's because you have what a ton of people on this forum clearly lack based on the down votes to my comments:  basic time management skills, self-discipline and respect of other peoples' time.

You're a person of principle and the sickest part about this is that the people who think they're individual fun is more important than the fun of 11 other people have no comprehension of how selfish and entitled they really are.  That's ok Xcalib3r, we may not be able to take these people over our knee and give them the spanking their father clearly never gave them but their attitudes and lack of respect is destroying their opportunities in life both in personal and business relationships and they're getting punished for it in lost opportunities.  Of course, they will deny that because they don't have the perspective to see what they could be experiencing if they made better decisions.  After all, how do you know you have a denial problem when denial is the very problem you have right?  They're clueless.  All they'll do is anonymously down vote, it's their coping mechanism because it's a lot easier to do than actually take ownership and behave like a decent human being.

Actually, the whole reason people play games is entertainment for themselves.  No one really cares about the fun of others.  That is evident by the toxicity in chat and the forums.  People use "the fun of others" as cover for their own selfishness for their own perceived ruined game play/stats by these "offenders".

• Cool 1