You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Haida

Haida  

57 members have voted

1. 1. (Priority) Would you want Haida added before...

• CV rework?
    • Italian cruisers?
    • Italian BBs?
    • French DDs?
    • British DDs?
    • British CVs? (potentially part of CV rework)
    • Finishing of Akizuki line?
    • More campaigns? (beyond Halsey campaign)
    • More FXP ships?
  2. 2. Would you prefer Haida if it were not a premium, and instead part of a tech tree line?

• Yes, I'd want it to be part of a line
    • No, I want it to be a premium
    • I'd prefer it as a FXP ship
    • I'd prefer it to be unlocked with some kind of upcoming clan resources
    • I'd get to it whatever it is

57 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
2,891 posts
5,674 battles

Those who want Haida added are quite vocal, and seeing as it's a small ship (not hard to model), it could be rolled out fairly quickly. However, I don't get a sense for a clear state of the ship, despite its popularity.

If it were a premium, it could be released with great fanfare and turn a tidy profit for WG. The same goes to a lesser degree for a FXP or clan resources ship.

If it were part of a tech tree, other Canadian ships could make a parallel appearance.

What do you all think?

Edited by pewpewpew42

[NGA]
Members
1,285 posts
7,805 battles

You forgot to list Russian BBs which are probably as likely as not to come out before Italian BBs.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles

Since there wasn't a "Before everything" option, I just selected all of them. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,246 posts
9,096 battles

There is no option for not prioritizing Haida over any of the answers in question #1.

• Cool 1

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,661 battles

Back in the day when I was a Sea Cadet, I got to spend some time training in her when she was alongside at Ontario Place. I even got to fire her guns, albeit with blanks...lol. To see Haida in the game would bring great joy to me. Hopefully not gimped in any way and maybe even add a Canadian Commander?  

• Cool 2

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles

Live right beside her my whole life, shes the reason why im in this game. Also she is modeled in the game just needs to be tested and realised 

Beta Testers
393 posts
6,468 battles

Yep i selected them all as i would like Haida before anything else and happy to pay for it.

The word is that getting it in game is mired in some kinda Gov't ownership/permissions issues.

Again..i will buy it the second it appears.

so WG if you want my money...and i know you do.

..GET ER DONE!

:)

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
1 hour ago, pewpewpew42 said:

The same goes to a lesser degree for a FXP

Statistically that's not true.

All FXP ships so far have had more fanfare than the traditional premium, each having their own unique dedicated update. FxP ships tend also to be rarer and thus have more status than usual.

However currently the ship is unlikely to come out in the near future, on the basis of the Haida museum is playing the legal game.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

Statistically that's not true.

All FXP ships so far have had more fanfare than the traditional premium, each having their own unique dedicated update. FxP ships tend also to be rarer and thus have more status than usual.

However currently the ship is unlikely to come out in the near future, on the basis of the Haida museum is playing the legal game.

That and yeh **cough cough cossack cough cough** oh well at least where able to rename the cossack to haida..

[NUWES]
Members
1,651 posts
5,551 battles
2 hours ago, Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 said:

Yep i selected them all as i would like Haida before anything else and happy to pay for it.

The word is that getting it in game is mired in some kinda Gov't ownership/permissions issues.

Again..i will buy it the second it appears.

so WG if you want my money...and i know you do.

..GET ER DONE!

:)

I think Parks Canada (Canadian Government) owns the rights to her. Wargaming would have to negotiate with them for use and possibly pay them. They could get around it and honor the RCN with one her sisters like Iroquois. I think that would be much cooler than Cossak

[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts

This ship is in great demand here and has been for years. I get the impression the hurdles are with Parks Canada, not Wargaming.

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles
3 hours ago, Bravo_Zulu_000 said:

maybe even add a Canadian Commander?  

He would be good for forcing the reds oot of the cap.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
15 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

I think Parks Canada (Canadian Government) owns the rights to her. Wargaming would have to negotiate with them for use and possibly pay them. They could get around it and honor the RCN with one her sisters like Iroquois. I think that would be much cooler than Cossak

They expect a compensation from any money made from her which i heard rumors of is nearly 30%

[ARGSY]
Members
6,248 posts
4,207 battles
4 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

They expect a compensation from any money made from her which i heard rumors of is nearly 30%

Then make her a free-XP ship and screw them over HARD.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Then make her a free-XP ship and screw them over HARD.

IMG_3490.PNG

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,565 battles
19 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Those who want Haida added are quite vocal, and seeing as it's a small ship (not hard to model), it could be rolled out fairly quickly. However, I don't get a sense for a clear state of the ship, despite its popularity.

If it were a premium, it could be released with great fanfare and turn a tidy profit for WG. The same goes to a lesser degree for a FXP or clan resources ship.

If it were part of a tech tree, other Canadian ships could make a parallel appearance.

What do you all think?

I’ve been on the HMCS Haida when she was in Toronto as a Sea Cadet and my next door Neighbor served on her in WW2,the ship still exists today and know doubt would be a Big seller ... weather the Russians see this point is another story ... come on Ruskies spread it around

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
56 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I’ve been on the HMCS Haida when she was in Toronto as a Sea Cadet and my next door Neighbor served on her in WW2,the ship still exists today and know doubt would be a Big seller ... weather the Russians see this point is another story ... come on Ruskies spread it around

Oh they see it, last ranked battle i had pigeon of war on my team and he said the team really wanted to realise her but are unable to.

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles
20 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

There is no option for not prioritizing Haida over any of the answers in question #1.

You are a sad human being. You should feel ashamed. :cap_viking:

• Funny 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles
1 hour ago, JessieTheKitty said:

17 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

I am nowhere close to being an expert, but I believe that Parks Canada holds the rights to the specific ship and as such can limit access to it for photography, research, etc. But I don't think that they can limit depictions of the ship from information that is in public domain. But, like I said, I have no real idea of the intricacies involved. Commercial photography requires a permit from parks Canada and that is all they mention. They don't say anything about holding the rights to any depiction of it or use of its name, etc. I'm not sure how far that can go either. Obviously if someone is making a documentary about Hamilton and has the Haida in long distance shots, does park's Canada hold the rights to it in that instance? I highly doubt it. It's not on their property. They can't limit pictures of something easily visible in public. 

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

I am nowhere close to being an expert, but I believe that Parks Canada holds the rights to the specific ship and as such can limit access to it for photography, research, etc. But I don't think that they can limit depictions of the ship from information that is in public domain. But, like I said, I have no real idea of the intricacies involved. Commercial photography requires a permit from parks Canada and that is all they mention. They don't say anything about holding the rights to any depiction of it or use of its name, etc. I'm not sure how far that can go either. Obviously if someone is making a documentary about Hamilton and has the Haida in long distance shots, does park's Canada hold the rights to it in that instance? I highly doubt it. It's not on their property. They can't limit pictures of something easily visible in public. 

True, but if you do naval legends :/

[BIAS]
Members
3,138 posts
9,213 battles
7 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

True, but if you do naval legends :/

Which they obviously have filmed already back in spring/summer 2017, but it has yet to be published. 

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

Which they obviously have filmed already back in spring/summer 2017, but it has yet to be published. 

Forrr that very reason :(

[NUWES]
Members
1,651 posts
5,551 battles
1 hour ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I believe one of the CCs said they are aware of the demand. The hurdle appears to be Parks Canada and rights for use.  There's only so  much Wargaming will be wiling to fork over. That's why I think they may end up using one of Haida's Canadian sisters like Iroquois. It would allow them to honor the RCN without having to deal with the rights issue. Iroquois wasn't preserved but also had an excellent war record.  It's kind of like how they are getting around the issue of the (very different) issue of the General Belgrano by using the Nueve de Julio