You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JessieTheKitty

Is this commander historic??? I can't find any thing to go by.

13 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles

i noticed that in May Mission breifing they announced the intentions to realise a special German commander (yup you heard me). His name is Helmut Schiffman.

anyways hes a 10 point commander earned through missions and has increase to Vigilance and JOT. (35% vig holy [edited] thats going to be amazing on tirpitz build), JOT increased to 10% from 5%

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Schiffman roughly translates to Shipman in English if memory serves.

huh well thats boring then... like the german john doe..

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

Hmmmm.....I missed that.  So we possibly get access to three new commanders this month (American, Russian, German)?

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,798 posts
7,034 battles
47 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

i noticed that in May Mission breifing they announced the intentions to realise a special German commander (yup you heard me). His name is Helmut Schiffman.

anyways hes a 10 point commander earned through missions and has increase to Vigilance and JOT. (35% vig holy f*** thats going to be amazing on tirpitz build), JOT increased to 10% from 5%

The name is quite common on Germany,, so it is perfectly in keeping with the national 'flavour'. In that sense, historical.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

It's something related to the memorial mission for dseehafer I think.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

Googling that name doesn't bring up anything so it is probably a generic name. I was hoping the German special captain would be Ernst Lindemann if only for his eloquent order to open fire on the Hood as seen in my signature. The Cliffs Notes are that he was arguing with Adm Lutjens over engaging and when he had had enough that is what he said.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles

I mentioned it in the other thread.  Seems the special commanders are generic names, these are the captains that have a skill or two slightly better than a normal captain.  while Legendary commanders, Halsey and Yamamoto for instance, will be based off of a real person and have skills better than a regular captain but also bonus's that ar activated by some in game action.  Confederate, high caliber, Devastating Strike, etc.  Personally I'm just hoping for the Legendary German captain to come out and it be Karl von Müller.