You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awesomeartichokes

200-battle Rolling Average performance

13 comments in this topic

Members
249 posts
10,481 battles

Is there a way to see just my performance information as a plotted 200-battle rolling average. I want to see if I am improving/remaining the same/or declining compared to the player base.

In the early days with much worse clients and just not knowing the game such I had probably 2000 games with poor performance which are weighing down my stats (maybe)

Edited by awesomeartichokes

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Stats are the reason  you think your game play needs attention.

Fun & Enjoyment are the reason to play More.

K5syTa2.gif

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
5 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This:Smile_great:

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

Wow you guys are super helpful....

This is a link to the warships.today site, that will help you keep track of which ships work well for you, which classes, areas you need to improve on... etc.

https://na.warships.today/

this is you in particular :cap_like:

https://na.warships.today/player/1021194679/awesomeartichokes

Edited by The_Grand_One

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,780 battles

I don't think there is a site that will give you exactly what you want.

warships.today is not being maintained and seems to be losing it's grip on reality. Wows-numbers thinks it's clever with giving daily stat segments over the period of several weeks and the occasional 7, 21 and 60-day summary, but it's not very helpful.

So other than setting up your own database, there isn't much out there at the moment.

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
394 posts
7,566 battles

Another source of stats is WoW Stats and Numbers:

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1021194679,awesomeartichokes/

Their player rating system is weighted differently than warships.today. WoW Stats and Numbers provides more detail over the previous weeks via the "progress" button.

As others have said, don't get caught up in stats, especially win rate. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,254 posts
8,649 battles
27 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

K5syTa2.gif

Nah, stat padding is half the fun!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,711 posts
9,112 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

K5syTa2.gif

Using your stats to track your improvement or heaven forbid deterioration of your play is fine. The problem comes when you become obsessed with them over the first and foremost reason to play a game, enjoyment. The best though flawed solution for the OP would be Warships Today which would allow seeing change over time.

Members
567 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

For many players, the two are not mutually exclusive.  A major part of fun for healthy-minded people is the intrinsic rewards that come from personal development / growth.  Being better than your prior self and seeing the results of that effort which often in life is measured quantitatively.  It's no surprise that underachievers put in so much effort trying to convince everyone that they are mutually exclusive.  Effort that if they actually focused inward, they too would be a better version of themselves.  Instead, they label people who simply care about self-improvement as "elitists."  It's so easy for them to use that word so incorrectly.

[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,764 battles
20 hours ago, awesomeartichokes said:

Is there a way to see just my performance information as a plotted 200-battle rolling average. I want to see if I am improving/remaining the same/or declining compared to the player base.

In the early days with much worse clients and just not knowing the game such I had probably 2000 games with poor performance which are weighing down my stats (maybe)

Kinda. At warships.today there is a way. Click on PLAYERS and find yourself. Next, click on one of the four durations they offer. The tricky part of their system is that it resets the time frame after you clicked. Originally I saw "27 days" as the first time frame. 

image.thumb.png.e20c495e8732ce92354dc1db1a2e738e.png

After  I clicked 27 DAYS and waited, it reset itself to these choices. So I clicked on 63 DAYS, which is ghosted. It will then show your stats for individual shiips organized by the most battles in that period.

image.thumb.png.c46744e218b563789d5a99da7c77c14c.png

You can click on any stat to rank order by that stat. For example, if I click on WTR it will rank order them by WTR, I get...

image.thumb.png.87de8743a2561598a1a56d8a936c733f.png

Its not 200 days,, but  it is a long time period so you can sorta track your performance.

• Cool 1

Members
249 posts
10,481 battles
6 hours ago, DustRhino said:

As others have said, don't get caught up in stats, especially win rate.

True. Win rate, kills, are uninteresting because these are team dependent. XP, credits earned are uninteresting because any WG change to the economic system makes it impossible to correlate historical with new.

A sample of stats I really want to know are:

1. How good is my shooting:
    1. citadels
    2. hit percentage including bounces
    3. % of shatters
    4. % of overpens
    5. % of pens
    6. damage / hit (excluding bounces/shatters)
    7. damage by fire / fire started
    8. damage by flooding / torp hit
    9. % hits HE hits on a part of a ship already on fire
  2. How good is my dodging / Damage Control:
    1. potential damage / shots taken at me.
    2. torps dodged
    3. permanent fires / permanent flooding
    4. total HP / base HP - did I maximize use of Repair Party.

I don't know if this info is available from the API... I will look if there is no existing service.

As a side note: I don't care about comparing myself to anyone else. My rank could go up / down because of something other than how good I am. Stats about how good a player I am compared to Flamu, Flambass.... well I do other things than play games semi-professionally. I became as good as them it is a sign that I should play *less* :-)

Edited by awesomeartichokes

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
9 hours ago, awesomeartichokes said:

1. citadels
    3. % of shatters
    4. % of overpens
    5. % of pens
    2. torps dodged

I don't know if this info is available from the API... I will look if there is no existing service.

As a side note: I don't care about comparing myself to anyone else. My rank could go up / down because of something other than how good I am. Stats about how good a player I am compared to Flamu, Flambass.... well I do other things than play games semi-professionally. I became as good as them it is a sign that I should play *less* :-)

To get answers you are going to have to record video, playback and count manually. Unless you can count those in your head while playing.

The stats available are limited to the items you see on the detailed screen at the end of battle.

[WAG]
Members
394 posts
7,566 battles
14 hours ago, awesomeartichokes said:

True. Win rate, kills, are uninteresting because these are team dependent. XP, credits earned are uninteresting because any WG change to the economic system makes it impossible to correlate historical with new.

1. citadels
    3. % of shatters
    4. % of overpens
    5. % of pens
    2. torps dodged

I don't believe any of the stat websites offer all of those. A number of those stats are available from the detail screen at the end of battle. You could screen capture, then transfer to a spread sheet. Others you would either need to note during battle, or watch replays.

I'm not even sure how some really tell you much, such as torpedoes dodged. Whether or nnot you dodge is probably more based on other players than your own skill. How good was the enemy setting you up, and were you lucky enough to have a friendly ship spot the tops in time for you to dodge. Your skill plays a factor, but you would really need to judge each on a case per case basis.

Some stats seem significant, but taken out of context make them misleading. Take hit percentage to determine accuracy. What do you think your accuracy is if you are in a battleship in a game with one destroyer vs five destroyers? One hit from a salvo on a destroyer at 10km is much better than 5 on a battleship at 5km.

Some stats are related, and need to be considered in combination. Take accuracy again. I play the Kutuzov a lot. My accuracy is 25% vs 29% server average. That seems bad, and would indicate I need to practice hitting. On the other hand, my average damage is 65K vs 50K average on the server. That is great. I bet if I improve my accuracy, my damage will go down, however. This is due to my play style. I shoot at maximum range, knowing I will miss many of my shots, lowering my hit average. On the other hand, I will land some, which is more than someone trying to pad their accuracy. In the end, I would rather inflict more damage than be more accurate (on paper).