You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

So I'm shallow as hell

45 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
19,278 posts
12,830 battles

Give me a free crappy bote that's way sub par and I'm like "Meh". Give a snazzy optional camouflage with it and I'm all over it like flies on crap.

DWfUFor.jpg

Thanks WG, this looks so much better than the plain green Varyag comes with standard.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

What, were you expecting a Admiral Kuznetsov? You get what you get, you do what you want with her.

[OPEC]
Members
947 posts
5,108 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Give me a free crappy bote that's way sub par and I'm like "Meh". Give a snazzy optional camouflage with it and I'm all over it like flies on crap.

Are you saying that the beauty of the Varyag is only skin deep?

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,134 battles

I think my expectations for Varyag were so low that it didn't take much to exceed them.  Don't get me wrong, she is nothing spectacular.....but it wasn't nearly an abysmal experience as I was expecting.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,239 posts
9,040 battles

Yeah that historical looking camo is only reason Ii have not yet hit sell button, but will I use her, no way. I do not use Russian ships, lol only reason I have 2 Russian battles in my stats is because a friend wNted my personal opinion on how Diana performs in battle... So for him I played 2 battles in a Rusdian ship.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[SYN]
Members
4,549 posts
11,437 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

DWfUFor.jpg

Thanks WG, this looks so much better than the plain green Varyag comes with standard.

This is one of the most gorgeously detailed ships in the game, whichever paint you choose.  I'll only rarely use it in Randoms, though I've already used it a few times in Co-ops, but I'm keeping it because this boat is such a joy to look at in port.  The viewable interior details are particularly impressive, especially the pilothouse and the space beneath the fantail.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,278 posts
12,830 battles
6 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

<snip> ... but I'm keeping it because this boat is such a joy to look at in port.  The viewable interior details are particularly impressive, especially the pilothouse and the space beneath the quarterdeck.

IKR? Purest example of a Port Queen.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SPTR]
Members
20,099 posts
5,398 battles

Well, considering how cats flail so much in water, they never go anywhere a full body length deep, I guess.

As for Varyag... Hmm. She looks alright, it's a nice clean camo for once.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

Well Lert, I am guilty too. It is a very pretty looking ship in that Camo.

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

Can't wait to earn her and get to look at her myself, looks good in the pic but will probably look better in port. Just started the part 2 this morning though, only half done.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,050 posts
7,265 battles

green is best camo option LUL, its like running school bus camos on 7 moskva's in clan battles!

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,195 posts
18,949 battles

Mine is a port queen too. But I love the camo. Can I haz it for my ImpNiko?

12 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

This is one of the most gorgeously detailed ships in the game, whichever paint you choose.  I'll only rarely use it in Randoms, though I've already used it a few times in Co-ops, but I'm keeping it because this boat is such a joy to look at in port.  The viewable interior details are particularly impressive, especially the pilothouse and the space beneath the fantail.

I agree, took a closer look and she is very detailed.

Oh, and the Russians have their benches inside because of the cold weather.

6fWaF0k.jpg

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles
21 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Don't forget the LazyBoy recliner shown through the large gunports on the sides of the ship.

Edited by Praxz

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,826 posts
10,383 battles

Best case scenario, a T3 freebie which doesn't promote seal clubbing too much and by looking great makes people feel satisfied.

Now, where'd I park my similarly good looking but lethally effective little Vampire...?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,810 battles

Dammit LERT, I might HAVE to buy that cammo as she looks great.

I enjoyed playing her . She seemed to perform better than Diana.

[PVE]
Members
362 posts
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

DWfUFor.jpg

If you have the yellow flag with the dog it will match the stacks.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,302 battles

My wife has no interest in this game, but even she is impressed by the amount of detail they've packed in.

I have gone over to this camo, slapped a captain with BFT and AFT on her, and gone charging in to let the substantially-buffed secondaries do their thing to bots. 

As soon as I have enough captain points, I will add either Demolition Expert or IFHE to this mix.

(The only other thing they could do is add burn marks where firing the guns spoils the paint. But this is good.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
35 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

This is one of the most gorgeously detailed ships in the game

It really is, the developers of this ship really did a great job of making it beautiful. The detail work on the secondaries is just plain awesome!

35 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

I'm keeping it because this boat is such a joy to look at in port

Which is the exact same reason I keep Albany!

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,402 battles

We varyag div'd up last night.  A win, 59k, 1 kill.  It was a pleasant experience.    It seems like it has kolberg gun arcs, but the shells actually do damage. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,278 posts
12,830 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The title makes me think of this for  some reason....

Sounds to me like a you problem. :D

Members
9,996 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Sounds to me like a you problem. :D

C'mon, that was a great pun...Shallow as hell / Shallow Hal.

You kids have no sense of humor....:Smile_sad:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,254 posts
8,649 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I agree. I was pleasantly surprised by the camo and the model detail.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,278 posts
12,830 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Shallow Hal

I have no idea what that is. Probably an American thing or a thing for people that have a TV?

<Edit> I looked it up, turns out it's a movie who's premise really doesn't interest me, so ...