Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Prinz Eugen now good Ship?

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,271
[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,973 battles

Lol is it just me or is that buff Wargaming gave Prinz Eugen really working well for the ship? Have been seeing some Prinz Eugen in Ranked and at least from the ones I have seen they have been doing very well. Must say a historic ship like Prinz Eugen deserved some love to get it into good fighting shape in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[W-G]
Members
10 posts
5,743 battles

Agree. Got it in a Christmas box, played it once and mothballed it. Now, it's fun to play and reasonably strong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[LANCE]
Members
309 posts
3,253 battles

Always loved my Eugen ... just the sound of the guns made it good for me! The buff does really help and I’ve actually survived the battle in it a couple of times which for me is a good :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,271
[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,973 battles

Good to hear people are enjoying the ship so I get to see them out and about more often since I don’t own one. It is fun having one escort my Bismarck in some battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,458 posts
12,318 battles

Hard to tell, had my PE forever, have taken it out 4 times since the buff.  1st game top tier, my team was terrible but heal helped keep me in the game, decent 66k damage with 5 ships shooting at me.  Next three, all tier 10 games, hard to get a read when heavily outranged and Yami and Montana’s shooting at you from across the map.  I think yes, but since MM still slots solo 8 into tier 10 matches most of the time, still may not take her out much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I play my Prinz Eugen  Regularly ,the Buff makes it easier to play and last longer in battle .

Thanks WG for the Buff to  very fine historic ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[W-G]
Members
10 posts
5,743 battles

Yeah, the heal still doesn't help it uptier much. But at least it's competitive for its tier now, im definitely a fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,904 battles
35 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol is it just me or is that buff Wargaming gave Prinz Eugen really working well for the ship? Have been seeing some Prinz Eugen in Ranked and at least from the ones I have seen they have been doing very well. Must say a historic ship like Prinz Eugen deserved some love to get it into good fighting shape in the game.

Tbh, the PE player is have seen by now in ranked sucked. They push too much because they hope that they can repair most of the damage. The Hipper players are usually better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Heal made her more forgiving. She’s still just as good.

For Ranked Atago is a better choice, because it has better HE shells and concealment.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
45 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol is it just me or is that buff Wargaming gave Prinz Eugen really working well for the ship?

The same way it did for Atago ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,271
[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,973 battles
16 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Tbh, the PE player is have seen by now in ranked sucked. They push too much because they hope that they can repair most of the damage. The Hipper players are usually better.

Well most of the PE I saw were in the first day where you would have had players that were around Rank 5 last season so player quality would have been higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
725
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
26 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Tbh, the PE player is have seen by now in ranked sucked. 

I've seen quite a few of them in my battles this morning and I have to agree. But it's very difficult for a cruiser to be significant in battles when there are 4 battleships, 1 cruiser and 2 DDs. 

I will continue running chappy in ranked but I look forward to taking PE out in randoms. 

Edited by Gascan75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,161
[SIM]
Members
2,532 posts
4,182 battles

I’m still underwhelmed by mine, but I’m happy for the buff all the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,904 battles
14 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

I've seen quite a few of them in my battles this morning and I have to agree. But it's very difficult for a cruiser to be significant in battles when there are 4 battleships, 1 cruiser and 2 DDs. 

I will continue running chappy in ranked but I look forward to taking PE out in randoms. 

I suspect those are players that had no T8 and bought the ranked bundle. Some of the HIppers were real good. But then most of my matches were 3/4 DD, 2 cruisers and 1 or 2 BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
214
[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,321 battles

The thing about Prinz Eugen was that she wasn’t a bad ship per say, at least not in the way the Izumo is a bad ship. She just didn’t have anything that set her apart from the other tier 8 cruisers. German Cruisers aren’t a frontline ship, at least not initially. Time is the greatest ally of a German CA captain. The longer the match goes the stronger the ship gets. The heal allows Prinz Eugen to stay in the game until the end where she really starts to shine. German Cruisers are the biggest support players in the game, use them as such.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,502
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,489 posts
3,435 battles

PE was always decent; and worked reasonably well. It was just... safe. Boring. Especially since it's unique camouflage wasn't part of its initial cost (it should have been, considering the likes of it being closer to Kobayashi/Collaboration camouflage in terms of extra bonuses), and due to being nearly identical in performance to Hipper. When comparing it's regular Permacamo and the ship itself to Hipper, it wasn't all that exciting over a Permacamo'd Hipper.

The Repair Party gives it something a bit more notable over Hipper, endurance. While Hipper now has better DPM and rudder shift, Eugen now has endurance to compensate.

Edited by YamatoA150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol is it just me or is that buff Wargaming gave Prinz Eugen really working well for the ship? Have been seeing some Prinz Eugen in Ranked and at least from the ones I have seen they have been doing very well. Must say a historic ship like Prinz Eugen deserved some love to get it into good fighting shape in the game.

Prinz Eugen was always a good ship. The heal has just made her better and now truly unique from her older sister. Still cute as hell though.

300?cb=20150519041654

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,046
Members
3,782 posts
14,047 battles
1 hour ago, Loosepucks87 said:

Yeah, the heal still doesn't help it uptier much. But at least it's competitive for its tier now, im definitely a fan

I drove PE in 10 Randoms just after the patch. I was top tiered in 3 of them! :Smile_amazed: When top tiered, she's a beast from hell. However, I was bottom tiered on the last 5 battles and was, as usual, food for the tier 10s. The heal just prolongs the agony.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,795
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,090 posts
14,482 battles

Prinz Eugen & Admiral Hipper are improved, with Prinz having much better staying power than before.

 

The thing with the Repair Party is it lets her get into gunfights with Cruisers and Destroyers and recover a decent chunk of that damage they incur back.  What it doesn't change is that she still plays in the most Battleship Heavy Tier Groups and BB shells can crush her badly still, in particular 406mm+ armed Battleships.  She's had added to her a long time ago, after her initial release, was a 27mm bow.  It lets her and Hipper face tank 380mm or smaller AP shells.  But 406mm+ will rip right through like it's a wet paper bag.

 

Does it change anything with how the ships perform in the end?  No, not really.  It's been 1 week since 0.7.4 hit:

pWH7Qsh.jpg

Win Rate% can fluctuate up and down but WR% among Tier VIII Cruisers is moderately close, not at all like say, certain tiers of Battleships where it gets comedically uneven.  What does stay consistent is Damage Average and Prinz Eugen and Hipper are still doing practically the same amount still, despite the buffs, and still at the bottom, but not as bad as New Orleans.

 

Prinz Eugen, Admiral Hipper, New Orleans are still the ones with some pretty low Survival % for VIII Cruisers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
135
[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,829 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Prinz Eugen & Admiral Hipper are improved, with Prinz having much better staying power than before.

 

The thing with the Repair Party is it lets her get into gunfights with Cruisers and Destroyers and recover a decent chunk of that damage they incur back.  What it doesn't change is that she still plays in the most Battleship Heavy Tier Groups and BB shells can crush her badly still, in particular 406mm+ armed Battleships.  She's had added to her a long time ago, after her initial release, was a 27mm bow.  It lets her and Hipper face tank 380mm or smaller AP shells.  But 406mm+ will rip right through like it's a wet paper bag.

 

Does it change anything with how the ships perform in the end?  No, not really.  It's been 1 week since 0.7.4 hit:

pWH7Qsh.jpg

Win Rate% can fluctuate up and down but WR% among Tier VIII Cruisers is moderately close, not at all like say, certain tiers of Battleships where it gets comedically uneven.  What does stay consistent is Damage Average and Prinz Eugen and Hipper are still doing practically the same amount still, despite the buffs, and still at the bottom, but not as bad as New Orleans.

 

Prinz Eugen, Admiral Hipper, New Orleans are still the ones with some pretty low Survival % for VIII Cruisers.

Must be careful with 1 week of stats. Many people bought this for the first time,  you have no idea the skills of those players, also might take a couple weeks for those familiar, to alter playstyle to accomodate the heal use. Some may wish to revisit choices of modules as well. I understand that some may have it from before steering gear mod 3 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,795
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,090 posts
14,482 battles
8 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

Must be careful with 1 week of stats. Many people bought this for the first time,  you have no idea the skills of those players, also might take a couple weeks for those familiar, to alter playstyle to accomodate the heal use. Some may wish to revisit choices of modules as well. I understand that some may have it from before steering gear mod 3 as well.

When Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore got their buffs, it actually made zero difference for them.  They still remained as bottom feeders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,863 posts
8,842 battles

It is a fun ship to play now but certainly not OP and I doubt it's a good choice for Ranked.

I'd say they were good but safe changes for both ships that probably could have been made a long time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[T8ERS]
Members
40 posts
8,717 battles

PE is an excellent ship for ranked. It is essentially a tier 8 hindenburg. I really wish this ranked season was tier 8 all the way up cuz its the most fun ive had in this game in a long time.

Its still gonna be rough in randoms going against tier 10s all the time. However, against same tier ships it is amazing, i think it is now the best tier 8 cruiser. More versatile and maneuverable than the atago and significantly more durable. 

I would recommend buying one just for ranked play if you like cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×