Orsai_De_Cadiz

Game froze, now I am pink, THX WG

36 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
90 posts

So my client stopped counting down at 22 sec, I could sail the ship but the camera was now following my vessel, so I tried to ext and could not, I then proceeded to use task manager to get out of the game. I was then awarded the unsportman conduct for WGs screw up. Ok fine I will just play through it. One battle goes alright. THE NEXT BATTLE same issue happens, so I am wondering, should I stop playing before you ban my account for your screw ups and short sightedness WG? 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

You don't get account banned for this. 

You may want to run some basic maintenance scans on your desktop though. Update some drivers and all that. The boards aren't flooded with reports of crashes so I can only guess that this is a "your computer" problem and not a game code problem. 

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts

Pink doesn't affect your gameplay at all. Shrug it off and move on. Orange is the color you don't want as it means you've got a chronic issue.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

I am a Mac user, and I'm just lucky that my game hasn't crashed at the end of a battle. Mostly crashes at the beginning. Haven't been pink yet! *knocks on wood*

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
24 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

I am a Mac user, and I'm just lucky that my game hasn't crashed at the end of a battle. Mostly crashes at the beginning. Haven't been pink yet! *knocks on wood*

As long as you can do damage, move some, and be active for most of the battle you will be spared.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
1 hour ago, TTK_Aegis said:

The boards aren't flooded with reports of crashes so I can only guess that this is a "your computer" problem and not a game code problem. 

I disagree with this, as I've read about a dozen reports of this happening just this weekend alone. Having said that, it could not possibly hurt for OP to give his computer a tune up.

[USA1]
Members
27 posts
11,627 battles

I disagree that the boards are not flooded with such reports. I have made many and so far have been ignored by WOWS. Playing Ranked battles today was disconnected not once but four times, last time I just gave up trying to reconnect. Actually I am seriously considering not playing WOWS Ranked battles. I know it do not mean anything to WOWS if I play or not just as long as they are able to ding the players and collect the funds they are extremely happy!

If they weren't they would be doing something to fix this problem rather then kick the can down the road and blame the player and their systems!!!

• Cool 1

[INRI]
Members
25 posts
2,633 battles

Are you using Aslain mod 0.7.4 #00 with the game clock mod?

[USA1]
Members
27 posts
11,627 battles

I logged back into WOWS and was rewarded with pop up telling me that I have an unsportsmanlike conduct and am now PINK!!!!

All because the stupid game disconnected me not once, not twice over three times till I just gave up and logged off...THANKS A LOT WOWS!!!

I have heard of stupider things but this is ridiculous, the game disconnected me and I get punished!!!!

I'm all for a boycott of WOWS  for the eternity!!!

For one thing I will not be recommending this game to any one!!!

• Cool 2

[JEEP]
Members
4 posts
6,637 battles

I have an unstable comp that crashes a few times a night.   Just had a battle where I was kicking [edited], had a couple kills and then a crash occurs.  I get back to find the battle over and I'm now pink for quitting a battle early.  If I have a bad couple of days with this machine, I'll find myself banned.  Wonderful... 

A tune-up is not the answer for my machine. It needs a complete re-build and that isn't in the budget.  

Edited by Ouly64
  • Cool 1

[INRI]
Members
25 posts
2,633 battles

This update has not been nice and with no way to appeal it sucks.

• Cool 1

[F-101]
[F-101]
Members
3 posts
13,165 battles

I'm finding the same issue with this. I've been kicked out to the Log-in page at the start of a game, only to get back in and find my ship sunk. First time I got a warning for "unsportsmen behavior", today I got kicked out to the Log-in page and got 3 battles in the pink for "unsportsmen conduct".. I've had this issue once in awhile before and I just lived with it and accepted 0 points for the game. Now I'm being penalized for it. How long before this gets me banned from playing? This new penalty system sucks [edited]. If I get banned because of this crap it will be the end of anything WG promotes. I don't have a disposable budget and can't afford a high-end gaming computer so, if my computer is the problem I guess I'll be done, uninstall and consider it a waste of time and money.

• Cool 1

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
90 posts

So the problem persists and not I a frikin orange.... SO PLEASE WG fix this stupidity, I would really appreciate it, I updated Everything on my PC and it still froze and I had to task manager out. :( 

[PIRAT]
Members
79 posts
2,851 battles
On 4/30/2018 at 7:03 PM, Ouly64 said:

I have an unstable comp that crashes a few times a night.   Just had a battle where I was kicking [edited], had a couple kills and then a crash occurs.  I get back to find the battle over and I'm now pink for quitting a battle early.  If I have a bad couple of days with this machine, I'll find myself banned.  Wonderful... 

A tune-up is not the answer for my machine. It needs a complete re-build and that isn't in the budget.  

I had it happen 5 or 6 times since last thursday.   2 of those times were in a carrier, went to map mode to direct planes and the game froze when I clicked on the map for the point the planes needed to fly to.  Game kept going, could chat, but couldn't control anything and the map didn't update positions.  I could change planes in the carrier and ammo on the gunships but not see anything but a locked view.   1 was in a BB and it froze changing camera modes.  2 were in a cruiser and the freeze came during changing camera modes as well. The last, it was a straight up crash to desktop so it can be counted separate from the others if you want.  Running a tweaked I-7 4.2, 32 ram, and 11g video so I know it wasn't the system specs and I know it didn't overheat because the temp never went over 50 on the heat monitor due to liquid cooling on processor and video card.  Haven't turned pink yet (haven't run the game since the last crash as I came here to check reports) but I've heard chatter about others having freezing issues in chat.  Just surprised to not see it too much here on the forums.  One thing to note, gpu had a reading of over 9gb of video ram needed and the processor was maxed.  Nothing else running on system except for game and the regular windows [edited], virus protection turned off as I turn it off before games but run it when I'm done playing, up to date stable video drivers and sound card drivers, and no mods installed.

As to getting banned for turning pink, you can get suspended or banned if you keep getting unsportsmanlike reports.......  And if the crash keeps happening, and you log out before the game is done (as a regular crash to desktop doesn't bring up the exit game choices like closing down the program through task manager) you'll be suspended at minimum and banned if it goes on too long. 

Members
2 posts
1,803 battles

I have experienced computer freezes, which allow no method of exiting the game, as pointed out in a previous post.  I also have had game crashes.  These generate .crash and .dmp files.  All I can do is use Task Manager to kill the game.  This happened today and now I am charged with Unsporting Conduct and given a 3-battle pink badge.  That's not fair.  I don't know if the issue has to do with my PC or with WoWs, but the system should be able to tell when a player experiences a game crash.  Computer freeze-ups probably leave no trace in the game system. 

There is apparently a method for appealing penalties but it isn't working.  The simplest method for dealing with players who experience such freezes or crashes would be to provide a working appeal process. 

I manage to get myself in trouble often enough by accident.  I don't need penalties applied for something beyond my control.  And, yes, I have submitted a support ticket on this latest crash, complete with .crash and .dmp files.

[GOM]
Members
1 post
3,007 battles

Another one here>>>>>>>>>>> this is STUPID!!!!!!!!!!  PC crash as I was on the move as the battle started but my PC crashes so now  I get a TK(NEVER FIRED A SHOT) and nonactive penalty.  The time I logged back in the game was OVER...This is twice   STUPID SETUP..................

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
9,501 battles

Game froze 3 times today so far. Once in ranked. Teams lost all games. Not happy. Is there a fix for this issue?

Members
27 posts
111 battles

wow... I had the same exact problem... but I brought it up and asked what exactly I could do and I got a plague of [edited] spamming me with assumptions about my sexuality...

[USA1]
Members
27 posts
11,627 battles
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, BlackBart6 said:

I have experienced computer freezes, which allow no method of exiting the game, as pointed out in a previous post.  I also have had game crashes.  These generate .crash and .dmp files.  All I can do is use Task Manager to kill the game.  This happened today and now I am charged with Unsporting Conduct and given a 3-battle pink badge.  That's not fair.  I don't know if the issue has to do with my PC or with WoWs, but the system should be able to tell when a player experiences a game crash.  Computer freeze-ups probably leave no trace in the game system. 

There is apparently a method for appealing penalties but it isn't working.  The simplest method for dealing with players who experience such freezes or crashes would be to provide a working appeal process. 

I manage to get myself in trouble often enough by accident.  I don't need penalties applied for something beyond my control.  And, yes, I have submitted a support ticket on this latest crash, complete with .crash and .dmp files.

I have noticed that I can not enter battle when ever I try ranked battles, I use the appropriate ships and try yo enter battle only to have my screen freeze and there is nothing I can do except wait for battle to end or shut down game and restart. Unfortunately game often returns to same screen until battle is over and I am awarded a threat from WOWS that I may be in danger of team killer status warning and turn pink!!!

This is so unfair to players that want to play and get penalize for trying, I have stop recommending World Of Warships to any one that ask me what game I can recommend!

World Of Warships do need to investigate this issue and find where the problem is, those who have not yet encountered this problem should be weary of commenting. There are only two types of players here...those that are experiencing this particular problem and those who are not!!!

If World Of Warships do not seek a solution there may be a larger problem for them in the future!! 

Take note World Of Warships if I have played  over 8,000 battles and there are others that have played more and experience similar or same problem it is not with our system but with yours!!!

Edited by dross3x3
  • Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,301 posts
9,881 battles
On 4/30/2018 at 9:22 AM, RipNuN2 said:

Pink doesn't affect your gameplay at all. Shrug it off and move on. Orange is the color you don't want as it means you've got a chronic issue.

Actually it does. Assuming being pink is the same no matter how you "qualified", you have to be much more careful not to cause damage to friendlies. You have to avoid sailing near anyone that you might bump or be bumped by which will extend you pink status (and cause reflected damage?).  May even have to head off to scenarios to work it off.  I personally experience such collisions in over half my battles.

The OPs fear is also valid that he will eventually be banned for AFK if it keeps happening. However, he might also want to consider what his being AFK is doing to his team and work hard to resolve the issue IF it is at his end. If it is something WG did with the patch, making the game less compatible with various rigs than it used to be, then WG should fix it.

[TFF]
Members
1 post
5,709 battles

My division team mate crashed while in battle and someone flagged him for quitting the battle early.. i mean really? That was not by choice, it happened.  Now he is pink and got a penalty warning from wows.

This happens to me too, crashing from the game as i go into battle and sometimes while in battle. If we get flagged for that every time its going to create a problem for many and totally unfair.

[USA1]
Members
27 posts
11,627 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Actually it does. Assuming being pink is the same no matter how you "qualified", you have to be much more careful not to cause damage to friendlies. You have to avoid sailing near anyone that you might bump or be bumped by which will extend you pink status (and cause reflected damage?).  May even have to head off to scenarios to work it off.  I personally experience such collisions in over half my battles.

The OPs fear is also valid that he will eventually be banned for AFK if it keeps happening. However, he might also want to consider what his being AFK is doing to his team and work hard to resolve the issue IF it is at his end. If it is something WG did with the patch, making the game less compatible with various rigs than it used to be, then WG should fix it.

34 minutes ago, Liesyl said:

My division team mate crashed while in battle and someone flagged him for quitting the battle early.. i mean really? That was not by choice, it happened.  Now he is pink and got a penalty warning from wows.

This happens to me too, crashing from the game as i go into battle and sometimes while in battle. If we get flagged for that every time its going to create a problem for many and totally unfair.

WOWS needs to take a very hard look at it's penalty system and find ways to amend it. There are some terrible players here (those that get a kick out of ramming or nudging there fellow teammates) that should be dealt with quickly and decisively. To paint with a broad brush is really childish and ridiculous WOWS needs to get there ship together before the ship hits the fan!!!

• Cool 1

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,650 battles

my game crashes almost every session with a critical error. my client freezes or glitches every so often also.

I close the error window and game client and then load the client and log in again.....I log right back into my ship mid battle.

I have not received any account warnings for any crashes or lock ups so far. The only warning I received was for an index finger spasm that sent two torps right into the side of a team mate.

How long is it taking for some of you to get back in game?