You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

May missions

41 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,016 posts

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/may-be-its-may-belline/

i had hoped WG will give us USN cruiser discount, but well

as about the German 10 point commander, the part4 need to shoot down 50 planes? that's awfully hard given the very limited time, unless you have a CV, this is bad design i would say

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
105 posts
12,445 battles
5 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/may-be-its-may-belline/

i had hoped WG will give us USN cruiser discount, but well

as about the German 10 point commander, the part4 need to shoot down 50 planes? that's awfully hard given the very limited time, unless you have a CV, this is bad design i would say

image.thumb.png.5cde4814fb78c450eb90e5387c1c47e9.png

Shooting down 50 planes over any number of battles is nothing.  

• Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,016 posts
14 minutes ago, Daffyd9x said:

image.thumb.png.5cde4814fb78c450eb90e5387c1c47e9.png

Shooting down 50 planes over any number of battles is nothing.  

how? you have to hope there's a CV, and hope their planes will come your way, and hope you can shoot them down enough before you sink, each game i probably only shoot down less than 1 on average on BB or CA

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,554 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

how? you have to hope there's a CV, and hope their planes will come your way, and hope you can shoot them down enough before you sink, each game i probably only shoot down less than 1 on average on BB or CA

Play a CV in co-op if you have one or Div a CV friend into co-op.   Or play at an off time where there will be CV bots.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

Play a CV in co-op if you have one or Div a CV friend into co-op.   Or play at an off time where there will be CV bots.

Yes  - given CV bots, coop Missouri (or NC, or Richelieu, or Des Moines) will probably get this done eventually.

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles
13 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

Play scenario with a AA spec cruiser and you will finish this easily.  Scenarios always have lots of planes.

I assuming this task can be completed via scenario as welll?

[ARGSY]
Members
6,271 posts
4,224 battles
36 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

the part4 need to shoot down 50 planes?

I'm as much bothered by the concurrent requirement to get fifty module hits. For some reason I don't tend to get too many of those.

Parts one and two are a gimme. Part three's fire-starting requirement is going to be very difficult for me, as I don't have a Tier VII ship with HE capability in the main armament. This could mean some very reckless moves on the part of my Fiji and/or Edinburgh, but at least I can go to co-op and pray for the best. I've done that in the Leander before.

If the cruiser split drops before this mission is over, the Cleveland will make the air and firestarting components a lot easier.

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,554 battles
1 minute ago, bigbearbeear said:

Play scenario with a AA spec cruiser and you will finish this easily.  Scenarios always have lots of planes.

It's T8-10

[ARGSY]
Members
6,271 posts
4,224 battles
2 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

It can be completed in co-op, which will help. They're really going out of their way to please the PvE exclusives here.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Angry 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
9,536 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It can be completed in co-op, which will help. They're really going out of their way to please the PvE exclusives here.

I think it's more the case, making certain missions less painful.

Like "do damage to Russian cruisers", in PvP, you might have a hard time finding them, as players with them are getting fed up of being farmed for damage. In Co-op, you bring a Russian cruiser, you'll face one.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,554 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm as much bothered by the concurrent requirement to get fifty module hits. For some reason I don't tend to get too many of those.

Parts one and two are a gimme. Part three's fire-starting requirement is going to be very difficult for me, as I don't have a Tier VII ship with HE capability in the main armament. This could mean some very reckless moves on the part of my Fiji and/or Edinburgh, but at least I can go to co-op and pray for the best. I've done that in the Leander before.

If the cruiser split drops before this mission is over, the Cleveland will make the air and firestarting components a lot easier.

Make sure you shoot at superstructure and target BB's and  cruisers early in the battle.  You' can get a decent number of secondary module hits this way.  And it will help even more if you have IFHE on a cruiser and hit those secondaries.

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Part 4, 50 modules/50planes at the same time, you're probably best off running a battleship. I will bomp a few modules per game with a BB, and kill some planes.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,271 posts
4,224 battles
27 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Make sure you shoot at superstructure and target BB's and  cruisers early in the battle.  You' can get a decent number of secondary module hits this way.  And it will help even more if you have IFHE on a cruiser and hit those secondaries.

My only current Tier VIII ship is the Edinburgh. If I can get in close enough soon enough without getting annihilated, I'll lay down the AP spam and see how I go.

27 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Part 4, 50 modules/50planes at the same time, you're probably best off running a battleship. I will bomp a few modules per game with a BB, and kill some planes.

See above. I'm not really that desperate for another German captain, but having an alternative 10 point build to try out on the Graf Spee without having to spend money on (or wait for free) respec is always good.

In the end, I'm going to go for it, see what I can do in the course of regular gameplay, and pick up the stage prizes along the way. If I get the big prize, great. If not, hey, it was fun trying. :Smile_Default:

[RKN]
Beta Testers
999 posts
9,009 battles

Wow, the tier 8 requirement will be tuff for the planes. I might get Hiryu this week, but definitely not going to be tier 8 by the middle of May. Guess it will be plenty of Co-op games.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,016 posts
19 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Wow, the tier 8 requirement will be tuff for the planes. I might get Hiryu this week, but definitely not going to be tier 8 by the middle of May. Guess it will be plenty of Co-op games.

yup, forget about CV for me

even in coop, people with CV will drive coop and kill all bot planes before we BB/CA can get even close

i say this is bad design, just nearly impossible for too many players, while those with t8 CV are easy, and after they are done they won't go back play coops, so there won't be any t8 CV bots, so what do we do?

Edited by Happy668

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, Happy668 said:

even in coop, people with CV will drive coop and kill all bot planes before we BB/CA can get even close

But in randoms and ranked, BBs and CA/CL will be attacked by planes.

Members
3,775 posts
14,010 battles

What caught my interest is the hint "Cruisn’ through America". Maybe the USN Cruiser split will finally happen in May.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,016 posts
Just now, Seadog_Supreme said:

But in randoms and ranked, BBs and CA/CL will be attacked by planes.

yeah instead of pray the planes won't come your way, now everyone rush to the planes and yell come to me, then after they come they find out it's hard for them to shoot 1 down if lucky, and they eat torpedo soup, lol

bad design is bad design

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, ReddNekk said:

What caught my interest is the hint "Cruisn’ through America". Maybe the USN Cruiser split will finally happen in May.

It's sort of like this:

disrobe.jpg

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

IMHO it seems a bit much to do for a unique commander with skills I never choose. This one is a pass for me. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,834 posts
1,327 battles
1 hour ago, Happy668 said:

Take a higher-tier US BB or CA, or Kidd, or Atlanta.  Minotaur and its contemporaries can do it as well.  Or take a carrier of course.  That's probably the easiest.

Looks like it can be done in Co-Op, so bring a carrier to Co-Op for a few matches.  Done.

Edited by mavfin87

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

IMHO it seems a bit much to do for a unique commander with skills I never choose. This one is a pass for me. 

Vigilance is a good pick for German battleships. It extends their hydro.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
39 posts
6,111 battles

I think that the first task of doing 50K damage to US and VMF ships is going to cause a lot of grief.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,016 posts
7 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

aim for 1 enemy spotter per game

50 games and you're done

50 games for 1 part? the whole thing has only like 10 days, so each part has about 2-3 days, even if you play this game for a living you can't put in 25 games per day lol

the more i think about this, why the hell do i need to complete these stupid missions, they won't bring food to the table, just entertainment, so WG makes it so hard so screw it