You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UssIowaSailor

Deep water Torps for all DD's

24 comments in this topic

Members
850 posts
10 battles

Granted I do not play Destroyers I am almost an exclusive Battleship player so this may not be a good thing but why not have all DD's have a choice between deep water torps and regular torps just like battleships have a choice of AP and HE ammo. It seems to make sense, I am pretty sure you adjusted a dial on the torpedo to tell it how deep to run. With the long cool down cycle of Torpedos, it would add a bit of tactical thinking for the DD player and add a bit of high-risk high reward meta to the game. Just a crazy idea that came to my head. What do you think community?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Granted I do not play Destroyers I am almost an exclusive Battleship player so this may not be a good thing but why not have all DD's have a choice between deep water torps and regular torps just like battleships have a choice of AP and HE ammo. It seems to make sense, I am pretty sure you adjusted a dial on the torpedo to tell it how deep to run. With the long cool down cycle of Torpedos, it would add a bit of tactical thinking for the DD player and add a bit of high-risk high reward meta to the game. Just a crazy idea that came to my head. What do you think community?

No.

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

For the love of all that is holy, please no.  We don't need any more DWT's added to the game.

But if they were, I'd force the captain to specify which torps in port and be stuck with that type the entire match.  Kind of how the new Graf Zeppelin works, I believe.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,277 posts
4,243 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

But if they were, I'd force the captain to specify which torps in port and be stuck with that type the entire match. 

Agree. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts

Ah yes extensive battleship experience with 10 battles. Post with you actual account rather than trolling with an alt.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Members
850 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Ah yes extensive battleship experience with 10 battles. Post with you actual account rather than trolling with an alt.

I find it hilarious that people will say that just because you are on an alt account what you have to say is somehow invalid. That is pretty stupid in my opinion.

• Cool 2

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,227 battles
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I find it hilarious that people will say that just because you are on an alt account what you have to say is somehow invalid. That is pretty stupid in my opinion.

saying your on your alt can be a expression anyone can use. if you want to prove that you actually have experience playing this game then gtfo you're alt and log into the main account you have.

• Bad 1

Members
850 posts
10 battles
Just now, JessieTheKitty said:

saying your on your alt can be a expression anyone can use. if you want to prove that you actually have experience playing this game then gtfo you're alt and log into the main account you have.

LOL I will be back on my main account on May second if you catch my drift.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles

Destroyers are already the highest risk, lowest reward ship type. This isn't necessary, needed, or wanted.

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts
3 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Then you shouldn't be posting with an alt.

• Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts
19 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The suggestion at top of thread was stupid. Your defense of an alt acct is stupid. 

• Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,409 posts
13 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Destroyers are already the highest risk, lowest reward ship type. This isn't necessary, needed, or wanted.

Only if driven as such.

• Bad 1

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

As a cruiser main I would be fine with every DD being forced to only have the Asashio style DWT's. But I suspect I will be among few who views this as the obvious across the board CA/CL buff that it would be.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,063 posts
6,753 battles
2 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

i have but one question as to your suggestion of DWT on all DDs, maybe for IJN because, lets face it, they need all the help they can get in the torpedo department

7UFtCwg.jpg

Edited by tcbaker777

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,892 posts
10,457 battles
31 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Belthorian did you get your account banned?

• Funny 2

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

The guessing games would be intense if you had to guess if every DD equipped DWT or not. Panasian's DD may lose value for it too, so no. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

GoZwMD3.gif

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

Just because you have an idea in your head...

Members
850 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

As a cruiser main I would be fine with every DD being forced to only have the Asashio style DWT's. But I suspect I will be among few who views this as the obvious across the board CA/CL buff that it would be.

That wasn't my suggestion in the original post. I said DD's should have the option and be able to switch during gameplay. Kind of like how battleships and cruisers can switch back and forth between AP and HE ammo.