Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

Wisconsin as a t8 premium

21 comments in this topic

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,654 battles

I'm visiting the USS Wisconsin on Wednesday for my bday. I still think we need a t8 iowa class since we have kidd, a Fletcher class, at t8. Before you say it's a bad idea it could totally work as long as we nerf it a bit.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,776 posts
4,413 battles

:fish_palm:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,558 posts
11,568 battles

Well, I suppose Alabama and Massachusetts might get lonely...

• Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,461 posts
3,895 battles

hahaha-no.gif

Don't endorse this "stock hulls as downtiered premiums" garbage WG's been hooked on lately.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,209 posts
14,352 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I'm visiting the USS Wisconsin on Wednesday for my bday. I still think we need a t8 iowa class since we have kidd, a Fletcher class, at t8. Before you say it's a bad idea it could totally work as long as we nerf it a bit.

I would be all for adding it but why not just make it a T9 Premium? Why nerf it and drop to T8? Unless WG is reserving that slot strictly for Free XP ships.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,373 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

LqRvG.gif

[HINON]
Supertester
20,567 posts
13,975 battles

Meh, it worked for Musashi.

35s reload, 1.7 sigma, slower turret traverse and rudder shift and stock hull AA, and I could see it work. Wouldn't be fun to drive, but it could work. Would compete with Alabama and Massachusetts though.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,373 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Meh, it worked for Musashi.

35s reload, 1.7 sigma, slower turret traverse and rudder shift and stock hull AA, and I could see it work. Wouldn't be fun to drive, but it could work. Would compete with Alabama and Massachusetts though.

Maybe but do we need another US Premium clone ship?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,567 posts
13,975 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Nope! No we don't. Nuh uh. I think my opinion on clone ships is well known by now.

[TBOW]
Members
297 posts
3,752 battles

Iowa’s aren’t even that great. Just a glorified battleship with little armor and high speed. It was mostly made as an AA ship to keep up with carriers. NCs and Alabama (the parents of Iowa’s) can easily compete with them

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
6,139 posts
10,299 battles

If we're going to clone another US premium battleship, I'd much rather see USS West Virginia at T7 with her monster AA-spec.

• Cool 1

[NLIST]
2,936 posts
10,654 battles
15 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yes. I need an excuse to give wg more money

[ARP2]
Members
1,366 posts
3,637 battles

I think everyone's overlooking the fact that down teiring and using the a-hull of a ship is an IJN gimmick.  

Edited by Hatework

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,021 battles
30 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I still think we need a t8 iowa class

With how similar the T8 and T9 USN bbs are, I think that it could easily work, its nice to see someone with a similar view.

The lowering of her tier itself does a bit for nerfing the Wisconsin, with lack of access to the T9 module, she loses out on dispersion massively, then you could choose to couple it with any of the following of HP, AA or manoeuvrability nerfs, maybe concealment or additional main battery, like turn or reload. As for a "gimmick", should people feel the need for one, then Wisconsin could receive DFAA or Engine Boost, both of which compliment her strengths and would solidify her identity away from her 2 sister ships.

Then you can add the New Jersey, give it the other consumable and make her a 2nd FxP premium, which could be rotated with Missouri as another option. This way we now have all 4 Iowa class battleships ingame.
I doubt it will happen however, it just doest seem like something worthwhile for WG with Massachusetts and Alabama for T8 BB premiums, and the gameplay largely the same to 2 other ships in class. While we're on the subject, I'm pretty sure you could easily downtier Montana to T9, maybe even T8 and uptier an Iowa to T10 without that much issue. "Something-Something Montana is an Iowa+1Turret"

[LUCK]
Members
1,656 posts
23,005 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Yes. I need an excuse to give wg more money

I think WG is underestimating the NA pool player base's desire to have ships bearing a particular name without, necessarily a markedly different playstyle.

USN ships were quite numerous as compared to other nations so I don't see it as a big lift to clone another premium or tech tree ship as a premium with a different name. Boost the commander or freeXP as a bonus, cool camo but largely the same other than the name.

I can see people being buying these USN premiums simply for their personal ties. Make them limited time sales. I'm sure there are some Pittsburgh area natives that would like a premium version of Baltimore. Likewise Mass, Wisconsin, Salt Lake City, on and on.

Might not play so well on other servers but it seems like they'd stand to profit even with lower sales given the effort, I'm assuming. They can always add something special later on if need be.

• Cool 1

[NLIST]
2,936 posts
10,654 battles
3 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I think WG is underestimating the NA pool player base's desire to have ships bearing a particular name without, necessarily a markedly different playstyle.

USN ships were quite numerous as compared to other nations so I don't see it as a big lift to clone another premium or tech tree ship as a premium with a different name. Boost the commander or freeXP as a bonus, cool camo but largely the same other than the name.

I can see people being buying these USN premiums simply for their personal ties. Make them limited time sales. I'm sure there are some Pittsburgh area natives that would like a premium version of Baltimore. Likewise Mass, Wisconsin, Salt Lake City, on and on.

Might not play so well on other servers but it seems like they'd stand to profit even with lower sales given the effort, I'm assuming. They can always add something special later on if need be.

If it's usn and premium, I'll buy it. 

• Cool 1

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

With some nerfs um sure it could fit at T8. But the question is, do we need it? USN already has Alabama as T8 premium BB, Massachusetts is coming, do we really need a third USN Premium BB at T8? Worse, a nerfed one? 

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
38 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Exactly.

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,021 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

If it's usn and premium, I'll buy it. 

If its an Iowa class, I'll buy it too.

[SPTR]
Members
26,544 posts
12,365 battles

If it's different to her researchable sister and radar sister in terms of consumables used then yeah I dig it.

Sign in to follow this