You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

9 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,719 posts
9,439 battles

Credit woes for me. I'm having to play MO more just to afford things!

After learning Farragut well, not much point continuing the grind, so used 28K of my FXP to Mahan, and already impressed with that DD. Gonna grind her upgrades rather than use my FXP. Also completed Kagero grind, got Yamamoto to halfway to 18 points, bought Yugumo, and after a couple window licker teams nabbed the most ship XP I've ever seen:

Pw2AAO2.jpg

Weirdly, Kagero I usually had no trouble scoring well on even losing teams, but with Yugumo I need torp hits and damage to have good base XP. Think it's not as easy to spot the red CAs/BBs simply because by T9-10 they've learned DDs generally have 12-15km torp range so keep that far away.

Golden Week completed, so got the Mosaic camos--window lickers make it infuriating when that gamble fails.

Other highlights:

3sgM0TN.jpg

Apparently DD stays alive to late stages it becomes possible to turn matches around. Several teammates including a Donskoi kept C contested until I could arrive and do my DD roles for them. Helped guide the focusfire while I contested B (DD engaged me without support, I bagged him). Got my DS off a Hood that charged my smoke.

Kagero netted one of these gems (IJN MB exists for a reason)

J5Io26E.jpg

Got a filthy SC. Hate it when that happens! 50 St. Patrick's Day camos, which I needed more of.

Even got an opposing low-HP BB to ram my MO! (dropped me to 4K HP though!)

YCohqNL.jpg

Even took my Khabaravosk on her maiden voyage. Tashkent w/ 13.5km range, spam HE, and I was "are you seriously ignoring?" while hammering several BBs.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,379 posts
10,928 battles

My solo play was painful but the division play was not only fun because I was playing with friends but at a nice win rate.

[-BRS-]
Members
405 posts
12,355 battles

Had a blast playing ranked, played random and had a literal blast in the Leningrad. That bote is always fun. made over 8 million credits to boot

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,470 battles

I sold my yugo but damm it was my best credit earner my shimmi doesn,t earn credits. So my kag is now what i use to earn credits. Nice battles Op

[SIM]
Members
3,454 posts
5,322 battles

Tore stuff up on Friday night with Asashio, six games, averaging over 80k damage with an 83% win rate. Played a few games with Varyag, it exists. I logged in on Saturday morning, played a couple of games, and the teams were just so utterly trash that I logged out for the weekend. Spent the rest of my gaming time working on Skyrim mods, and I’m better off for it.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I was really excited for ranked and 200% xp this weekend, but for some reason I didn't play very much. Just wasn't feeling it. Played some ranked games, dont remember how many, maybe 4. Kind of a bleh weekend. Did get a few GG in with my div mate, but there were a couple games we couldnt save from defeat. I am hoping to start focusing more on ranked now during the week. I might just avoid ranked on the weekend altogether.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,457 posts
12,810 battles

I got my Varyag on NA and EU.  On EU, I feel your pain, I am really struggling for cash there.  I unlocked my Schors, but can't afford upgrades.  Took me a bit of grinding to afford to be able to buy the ship.  Nurnburg is unlocked, but I can't afford to buy it either.  I wanted Varyag for the commander and to have another captain trainer for my Russian cruisers (I have Varyag and Diana now lol).

I also worked on my Pensacola some more; I am trying to get my win rate over 50% before the split.  I was sitting at 32% when I started grinding a few weeks ago, with 20 more losses than wins.  Now, I have two more losses than wins, and a 48% WR (4 draws).  I'm getting close and I am feeling every loss now.