You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Think you were in the dumbest match ever? I got ya beat

24 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles

image.thumb.png.118ca791b8ab7a842b8f4ee55c4ace0b.pnge

13 DDs
On Epicenter.

Stupid beyond belief. The MM couldn't have waited a bit longer? A total waste of time. 

And when, WG, can we expect this godawful and widely hated map to be retired? 

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Why stupid beyond belief? Inquiring minds need elaboration.

I see lots of torp boats, but that's how the DD meta is shifting now. Away from gunboating and towards passive torp play to match passive play at the high tiers. This is what people said would happen months ago before all the vision changes. Not surprised in the least. Embrace the passivity... seems to me destroyer players did that adapting thing everyone wanted from them.

Edited by Canadatron
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
19,919 posts
19,878 battles

Good grief.  It was an MM dump.  Get over it.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles
16 hours ago, Canadatron said:

Why stupid beyond belief? Inquiring minds need elaboration.

I see lots of torp boats, but that's how the DD meta is shifting now. Away from gunboating and towards passive torp play to match passive play at the high tiers. This is what people said would happen months ago before all the vision changes. Not surprised in the least. Embrace the passivity... seems to me destroyer players did that adapting thing everyone wanted from them.

At the low point, there are lots of 5v5 games, unpleasant but tolerable. But there's no reason the MM couldn't have waited. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles
16 hours ago, Crucis said:

Good grief.  It was an MM dump.  Get over it.

Yes, of course. How does that make it better? 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,252 battles
12 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

13 DDs
On Epicenter.

Stupid beyond belief. The MM couldn't have waited a bit longer? A total waste of time. 

And when, WG, can we expect this godawful and widely hated map to be retired? 

I agree Epicenter on this map is just wrong, no one has time for that.

13 dd's on this map is awful, map is just too big, and definitely contender for dumbest match!!

+1 for highlighting the insanity

• Bad 1

Members
484 posts
2,928 battles

Not sure if the Worcester screamed with joy or wailed in despair at this MM, plenty of food, but it’s still Tears of the Cruisers, at least all the food will be in one place... I noticed that only 3 reds have no usable torpedoes, the other 9 do, torp soup confirmed?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,468 posts
6,065 battles

I love Epicenter!   I always have a fun game on it.   But I’m a super aggressive player.

[SBS]
Members
3,776 posts
2,408 battles
1 hour ago, Canadatron said:

This is my problem with radar, it makes DDs passive and that makes an already passive meta more passive.  I think a 3-4 minute cool down on radar at the beginning of the match would help move games forward.  Allow DDs to spot, and more aggressively play the objectives at the opening of the match, then have to fall back as radar starts to kick in.  Make it a race to gain an advantage in the beginning of the match.  Aggressive teams profit, passive teams lose.  We could buff cool down times for radar after the first use to make up for the longer cool down at the start. 

Another idea to go along with the radar cool down would be to reduce gun bloom duration for most DDs to encourage them to use their guns more.  The more DDs are shooting the more they are detected.  Also, nerf long range torps.  Long range torps get low alpha, shorter ranged torps have good alpha.  Let's reduce long range torp spam.     

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
3 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

This is my problem with radar, it makes DDs passive and that makes an already passive meta more passive.  I think a 3-4 minute cool down on radar at the beginning of the match would help move games forward.  Allow DDs to spot, and more aggressively play the objectives at the opening of the match, then have to fall back as radar starts to kick in.  Make it a race to gain an advantage in the beginning of the match.  Aggressive teams profit, passive teams lose.  We could buff cool down times for radar after the first use to make up for the longer cool down at the start. 

Another idea to go along with the radar cool down would be to reduce gun bloom duration for most DDs to encourage them to use their guns more.  The more DDs are shooting the more they are detected.  Also, nerf long range torps.  Long range torps get low alpha, shorter ranged torps have good alpha.  Let's reduce long range torp spam.     

People forget that radar had it's cool down cut in 1/2. All these changes, along with the vision/gun/smoke changes added up to give us the game we have right now. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt...except the most campy of BBs, but I guess that's what we're going for these days.

Who wants to use their guns, light themselves up and get deleted in the opening minutes by ships in the next time zone? Or, don't use your guns, try to cap, get radared and get deleted.... Capping is the most dangerous mini-game in WoWs now, compounded by your own teams passive play and the desire for everyone to have a game of "How Not to be Seen". Wargaming eliminated the  majority of "lone wolf" DD play from the game, which was their intention, now people are complaining about the echo after the boom. Oh well. A torpin' we will go, a torpin' we will go.....

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
1 hour ago, denismc66 said:

I actually like these games, just spam torps and watch all those DDs dance.

I’m with you. It’s something different.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 minute ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Last night both teams on chat not a single vote for liking epicenter.

After a discussion we had suicidale ships 

Epicenter gotta go

Epicentre is fine, the player base is the actual problem. Epicentre is not friendly with the peek a boom style of play at high tiers so that's why people don't like the game mode. If people could find their gonads and realise this is a game and you're not dead if your pixel boat sinks, Epicentre would be great brawly fun. Stands to reason the map type that runs counter to the current "sit back and snipe" meta isn't well received, don't you think?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[H_]
Members
442 posts
8,981 battles

LOL  now that would be a brutal game, that is just a whole freaking  LOT of torpedoes to dodge..   Man..  

[SALVO]
Members
19,919 posts
19,878 battles
4 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

I agree Epicenter on this map is just wrong, no one has time for that.

13 dd's on this map is awful, map is just too big, and definitely contender for dumbest match!!

+1 for highlighting the insanity

Horse feathers.  There's nothing wrong with Epicenter on Tears, and the map is not awful or too big.  And while that was a lot of DDs, like I said before, that battle smelled of an MM dump.

I get really tired and annoyed with people dumping on Epicenter, because they never bring a good reason to the argument.  Just "I don't like it".  Well, if that's all you've got, I don't care and neither should the developers.  Bring reasons to the discussion or don't bother until you do have them.

As for too big, sorry, it's not really that large.  Besides, even if it was, I don't mind.  I think that it's great that if you get out of position on the extreme flanks, that you have to pay for your positional errors by being out of range of the rest of the fight until you get back, particularly on an Epicenter map, where the real fight should always be in the rings or at least in close proximity to them.  

[SALVO]
Members
19,919 posts
19,878 battles
2 hours ago, StingRayOne said:

Love the map

hate epicenter

too many DDs

MM working as designed

Good map (since the redesign).  

Perfectly decent battle mode.

Lots of DDs almost certainly due to an MM dump.

Deal with it.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
19,919 posts
19,878 battles
3 hours ago, Canadatron said:

Epicentre is fine, the player base is the actual problem. Epicentre is not friendly with the peek a boom style of play at high tiers so that's why people don't like the game mode. If people could find their gonads and realise this is a game and you're not dead if your pixel boat sinks, Epicentre would be great brawly fun. Stands to reason the map type that runs counter to the current "sit back and snipe" meta isn't well received, don't you think?

Canadatron, don't ya just love how all these people that claim they hate Epicenter never ever seem to have a good reason WHY they hate it?  They just say "I hate epicenter", as if that's all the reason they need.  If that's all they want to say, fine.  But I seriously doubt that the devs will take their opinion seriously when they don't provide reasons.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,007 posts
6,255 battles

We got a slightly better Match Maker just like how people wanted.

[SALVO]
Members
19,919 posts
19,878 battles
23 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

We got a slightly better Match Maker just like how people wanted.

100% agreed, Vangm94.  But they also said that this wasn't the end of their MM changes.  There may be more to come.

I continue to hope that they'll reduce the soft limits on BBs and DDs from 5 down to 4 in MM.