You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyeye72985

Arp ships possible?

30 comments in this topic

[SRT31]
Members
5 posts
441 battles

Anyone know if Wargaming is going to bring back the ARP ships? im so mad i never got a chance to get any of them. Its been a couple years since they were out.

[SRT31]
Members
5 posts
441 battles
2 minutes ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

They won't be returning anymore, their contract has ended ages ago...

that totally sucks

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
772 posts
6,704 battles

Yeah they are long gone. Shame they cant be traded even as I'm sure 3/4 of the population would happily give theirs away!

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Consults Magic 8-Ball

"My reply is no"

Sorry.

It may be that the Azur Lane collaboration will eventually involve new ships. That is not yet proposed, but if the Captains sell well, I could see it happening. They have a lot of ships that are not in WoWs.

[RLGN]
Members
10,049 posts
19,462 battles

Some players are shouting with joy now that their ‘useless ships and captains’ can be sold; and yet there are still a few others who want them...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,996 posts
13 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Some players are shouting with joy now that their ‘useless ships and captains’ can be sold; and yet there are still a few others who want them...

The vast majority of us will keep them.

It's not like we have to pay rent, or for storage.

After all, I'm a collector more than some 'extreme gamer'. 

They will happily sit there glowing in my port until WG decides they must go away.

ARP_Kongo.jpg

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,049 posts
19,462 battles
3 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

They will happily sit there glowing in my port until WG decides they must go away.

ARP_Kongo.jpg

Yep.

I do better with Haruna than I ever did in a regular Kongo...

(Kongo, btw, is currently in my Atago.)

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

My only question is do what happens to the port slots when the sell them? Do those slots go away or do they stay? I only ask because they are handled uniquely and the slots disappeared when you hide the ships in the carousel.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,996 posts
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yep.

I do better with Haruna than I ever did in a regular Kongo...

(Kongo, btw, is currently in my Atago.)

Most of my ARP caps are in storage, but I've made use of a few..  especially for those low-tier missions that happen along.

Ashigara is a real hoot..   Definitely needs to cut down on the Caffeine.

Arp_Captains.jpg

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles

I used the 9 ARP ships to train my Yamato captain this weekend and got almost 200k in captain XP this weekend with the 200% first-day bonus. I never play them unless it is specifically to train a captain. Selling 9 ships capable of training ANY Japanese captain seems a little foolish, especially for a measly 20 million credits.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
381 posts
9,943 battles

I only kept 1 of each, sold the 3 copies of kongo and myoko. Would have given you one, but hey, for 1 thing I wanted credits, and another thing is WG wont let me give you the ships anyways.

As for the person who asked whether we kept the port slots or not, it seems I kept mine. So selling 6 ships for 10 million credits and 6 port slots? Yes please!

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,456 battles

There are rumors of them being realised for the new in game steel/coal shop but who knows

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,709 battles

Keeping mine worked to hard to get them on the last event that netted them all. +this:cap_like:

1 hour ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I used the 9 ARP ships to train my Yamato captain this weekend and got almost 200k in captain XP this weekend with the 200% first-day bonus. I never play them unless it is specifically to train a captain. Selling 9 ships capable of training ANY Japanese captain seems a little foolish, especially for a measly 20 million credits.

[-K-]
Members
6,109 posts
10,244 battles

Hmmm.....just sold all mine.  Had zero games in all of them.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,012 posts
6,255 battles

All of my ARP Ships have different skills:

• General Purpose
  • Survivalist
  • Secondary Armament
  • Something stupid
  • etc.

[SRT31]
Members
5 posts
441 battles

man. that was one of my things. i missed the first time completely until like the last week. then the second time i tried but failed. I hate going into games and seeing them and wishing i had one. i would gladly take one from anyone :(

[WOLF7]
Members
11,366 posts
16 hours ago, crazyeye72985 said:

that totally sucks

1000's of them have been rotting in people's hidden ports for quite some time. If WG had some sense, they would have allowed players to trade them to someone who wanted them, but instead all we can do is sell them.:Smile_teethhappy:

Decent cash from it though...

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I sold off all the eye bleeders that were in my port. It was the first thing that I did after the last patch. I'm far from hurting for credits or port slots but those things are/were nauseating.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,724 battles
17 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Unless you don't like paying real money for nine extra Port slots and instead get tech tree ships that you will actually play more than once every 2 years which is why I sold mine.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
3,937 battles
2 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Unless you don't like paying real money for nine extra Port slots and instead get tech tree ships that you will actually play more than once every 2 years which is why I sold mine.

If I recall correctly, the ARP ships do not give out port slots, even if sold, since they had their own special port slots like Event ships. So it's only getting the Credits. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Dragon ships are a different story; I believe those came with their own Port Slot (the blue one did at least; the yellow one also had its own "Event" port slot like the ARP ships, and thus took up no space).

As to OP, WG last said only if things work out to warrant a sequel ARP collaboration. They aimed too high, and never realized much of their ambitious plans for the ARP Collaboration; notably, things like their plans for a PvE ARP mode (which was basically described as an Operation, before Operations existed), or unlock campaign (before Collections or Campaigns existed). The rest of the Collaboration possibility is entirely in Ark Performance's hands; and really, the only path they can go is into manga territory, which would require paying for new VAs just for the manga-only cast, as well as working out the CG-style characters for the portraits. Especially since the anime wrote itself into a relative dead-end.