Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dasCKD

Tier 8 Premium Guide

25 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
13 battles

Hello everyone. Say if I wanted to buy a tier 8 premium ship, which ship should I purchase? I would very much appreciate the advice.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,619 posts
14,767 battles

I have a couple of T8 premiums - Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz, Atago and Lo Yang. I only purchased Lo Yang and have never regretted it. The other three from Santa crates and I've not sailed Tirpitz yet. Atago is a blast and worthwhile. It depends on what type of ship you prefer. Lo Yang!

Good luck with your decision.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,158 battles
3 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Hello everyone. Say if I wanted to buy a tier 8 premium ship, which ship should I purchase? I would very much appreciate the advice.

Depends on what you are looking, for from a play style perspective, etc. 

BB - Cruiser or DD ? Preferred nation ,etc need consideration. 

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

13 battles.....

I would recommend against buying a T8.

Otherwise i say buy em all!

• Cool 1

Members
7 posts
13 battles
1 minute ago, c3shooter said:

13 battles.....

I would recommend against buying a T8.

Shh! Don't tell anyone :Smile_hiding:

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles
9 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Shh! Don't tell anyone :Smile_hiding:

K, secrets safe with me.

Honestly buy em all. They are all pretty good. I dont have ashasio yet or tirpitz, but the dd is worth it to watch the bbs flip out, and few would argue that Tirpitz isnt worth it.

[O_O]
Members
5,012 posts
11,255 battles

Do you prefer destroyers, battleships, cruisers, or carriers?

Do you know, yet?  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,078 battles

Alabama if you like battleships.

Prinz Eugen If you like cruisers.

Kidd if you like destroyers.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
766 posts
4,872 battles

Wargaming (and all of the free player base) would prefer that you buy ALL of them!!!

thank you very much for your support :)

Although Kidd is a Destroyer.  Be judicious in your use of torpedoes playing Kidd

Edited by wtfovr

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,625 battles

I would strongly recommend waiting till you have a few hundred battles before you buy a t8 premium. Just because you'd have a high tier ship doesn't mean you're going to wipe the floor with it. Learn the basics of the game first bud.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,078 battles
3 hours ago, dasCKD said:

Yes, please be aware that I wouldn’t recommend PLAYING a tier 8 premium before you have around 800 battles or so.   If you play a Tier 8 premium while you’re still trying to learn the basics of the game, you’re going to get crushed and discouraged.   Better to learn first and get one when you’re ready.

Members
7 posts
13 battles
4 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Perhaps give some additional information OP. What do you like?

I like the Hindenburg, though this decision was more informed by the meta than the ship per se. Unfortunately that means that I need to grind my way through the low tiered ships and I really dislike low tiered ships. Their guns are comically inaccurate, their shells feel more like popguns than proper ship cannons when they hit, and the victor feels more like who RNG favors more rather than who is the better team.

4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Do you prefer destroyers, battleships, cruisers, or carriers?

Do you know, yet?  :Smile_teethhappy:

I dislike destroyers in general, with notable exceptions being destroyers that are really good at beating other destroyers to death. Battleships as well, apart from maybe the Monty and North Carolina. As for carriers, I am fine with everything from tier 6 to 9 and dislike both the Midway and Haky thanks to the plagues of tryhard full AA divisions that tends to accompany them. The Saipan is out of shop however and unlikely to come back, I would have picked the Enterprise but she appears to be absent without leave. I have no real idea of what the high tiered meta is like on NA, and so I really can't make an informed decision on it. The Hindy is my favorite, but I would likely heavily favor the Minotaur or Des Moines if the meta was flooded with destroyers or I might heavily favor the Henri if I suddenly had a crippling brain aneurysm and started liking awful ships. I suppose the better question is what ship will do best in the present NA high tiered meta?

1 hour ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I would strongly recommend waiting till you have a few hundred battles before you buy a t8 premium. Just because you'd have a high tier ship doesn't mean you're going to wipe the floor with it. Learn the basics of the game first bud.

1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Yes, please be aware that I wouldn’t recommend PLAYING a tier 8 premium before you have around 800 battles or so.   If you play a Tier 8 premium while you’re still trying to learn the basics of the game, you’re going to get crushed and discouraged.   Better to learn first and get one when you’re ready.

I'll be fine. Probably. I think. Besides, I'm not known for making good decisions. :P

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles

Ships with generally good spread are cruisers. As a cruiser I’d recommend the Atago. Pretty versatile and really good for Ranked Battles as a support ship for DDs.

Though you will need to know game basics to make her good, otherwise she ll just be a one day fly.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

Maybe prince eugen, with the heal added she became more compeitive, is on sale, and kinda fun!

Members
24 posts
1,550 battles
9 hours ago, dasCKD said:

Are you trolling these poor NA peoples DasCKD?

Surely doesn't fit a quality poster I'd imagine :Smile-_tongue:

Members
7 posts
13 battles
23 minutes ago, PzPz_EU said:

Are you trolling these poor NA peoples DasCKD?

Surely doesn't fit a quality poster I'd imagine :Smile-_tongue:

Trolling? I've never heard of it! I'll have you know that I am making a serious inquiry and I am not at all planning to buy a tier 8 premium, informing my team members of the fact that I have about 20 games played, asking them how I shoot my guns, switch to AP, launch torpedoes, or launch my planes before watching the salt fly. Nope. Not at all.

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,740 posts
11,088 battles
12 hours ago, dasCKD said:

Well, with no idea and no experience than I highly recommend Tirpitz. German BB user friendly and a ton of fun. 

Watch Notser or Flamu On youtube for build advice.

Cheers.

Edit: If you are experienced (read the rest of the thread) then Atago. A good player can do magical things in an Atago.

[-PVE-]
Members
129 posts
9,783 battles

If you must buy something buy the starter deal in the shop for 5 dollars. Good ship for a new player and get. 

Members
24 posts
1,550 battles
On 30-4-2018 at 10:32 PM, dasCKD said:

Trolling? I've never heard of it! I'll have you know that I am making a serious inquiry and I am not at all planning to buy a tier 8 premium, informing my team members of the fact that I have about 20 games played, asking them how I shoot my guns, switch to AP, launch torpedoes, or launch my planes before watching the salt fly. Nope. Not at all.

Well then dear Sir,

Given your almost non-existing experience, I would not suggest a tier 8 after all. Try to get a yubari, ishizuchi or even Konig Albert if you can get your hands on it.

(People with inside acces should be able to get one, I'd think :Smile_glasses:)

Members
7 posts
13 battles
25 minutes ago, PzPz_EU said:

Given your almost non-existing experience, I would not suggest a tier 8 after all. Try to get a yubari, ishizuchi or even Konig Albert if you can get your hands on it.

I'd think I'll have the same chances of getting my hands on a Konig as I do an Imperator. Also, what insider access? Who told you that? Have we been compromised?!?

Edited by dasCKD

Members
24 posts
1,550 battles
1 minute ago, dasCKD said:

I'd think I'll have the same changes of getting my hands on a Konig as I do an Imperator.

For a total noob you have an unexpected knowledge of extremely rare ingame ships, dear Sir. Congratulations for getting up to date so fast.

2 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Who told you that? Have we been compromised?!?

Iz top sekrit. Already told too much. Europol and FSB are probably already after me... aarghhhh

Sign in to follow this