Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
InventedThought

The Anshan WOOOO!!!!

15 comments in this topic

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,015 battles

og0k8Ck.png

Love my Anshan, its done nothing but perform exceptionally for me, I just wish its higher tiered cousin could pucker up and learn a thing or two from her.

[4HIM]
Members
2,225 posts
6,552 battles

I rarely play my Anshan, but when I do I usually do well in it.  Mostly because the PA line isn't one I play much at all.  It also does well in Ops.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,099 posts
19,503 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I rarely play my Anshan, but when I do I usually do well in it.  Mostly because the PA line isn't one I play much at all.  It also does well in Ops.

To me it’s nothing more (along with Lo Yang,) than an excuse to ignore the entire PA destroyer line.

Need a PA destroyer for some mission? Problem solved.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,130 posts
10,294 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

To me it’s nothing more (along with Lo Yang,) than an excuse to ignore the entire PA destroyer line.

That's rather short-sighted if you like DD's.  The PA DD line is actually pretty enjoyable.  Starts getting really good at T6 and up.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

That's rather short-sighted if you like DD's.  The PA DD line is actually pretty enjoyable.  Starts getting really good at T6 and up.

Have you had much success when using radar instead of smoke? I haven't tried it, I guess I should with the free respecs.

[-K-]
Members
6,130 posts
10,294 battles
1 minute ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Have you had much success when using radar instead of smoke? I haven't tried it, I guess I should with the free respecs.

No, didn't bother trying it when grinding the line, as I felt 15s wasn't worth giving up the very strong smokes of the PA line.

However, Yueyang with radar in Ranked, equipped with the extended radar module, may be worth checking out.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

No, didn't bother trying it when grinding the line, as I felt 15s wasn't worth giving up the very strong smokes of the PA line.

However, Yueyang with radar in Ranked, equipped with the extended radar module, may be worth checking out.

thats what I was thinking, what does it go up to 25 secs? seem to be a lot of other dds in ranked so working a friendly smoke out and in turn you pop radar.

[RLGN]
Members
10,099 posts
19,503 battles
6 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Saying they get better in higher tiers doesn’t work as a motivator, because I despise high tier games. (Blame Tanks, and my original foray into high tier WoWs with Des Moines.)

I have; or had and sold; nearly 200 ships; what need have I for more ships that may hardly ever get used.

If Anshan and Lo Yang hadn’t arrived in Christmas containers in 2016, I wouldn’t even have those. Use of the ships did nothing to endear them to me. They’d not been used for at least six months before the PA release, and never since.

[FML]
Members
2,480 posts
11,921 battles
16 hours ago, InventedThought said:

Best money made yet.image.thumb.png.487c7c5aa8a6d5716a88c34ace163b5c.png

Nice. 

I’ve just recently bought the Anshan too; looks like a solid DD but I’m still trying to work it out. Feels like a soviet DD with longer ranged torps, but for some reason I can’t make my torps actually land...

oh, and the turret traverse!!! :-(

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles

So close to 10K XP, 1000 FXP... but also close to 666K silver. Good thing you didn't do better :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,709 battles
1 hour ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Congrats on your win and happy to hear that you're enjoying the Anshan! :)

It was the $10.00 price and the 100% free xp camo that sold me on getting it. 

[-K-]
Members
6,130 posts
10,294 battles
14 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Saying they get better in higher tiers doesn’t work as a motivator, because I despise high tier games. (Blame Tanks, and my original foray into high tier WoWs with Des Moines.)

I have; or had and sold; nearly 200 ships; what need have I for more ships that may hardly ever get used.

If Anshan and Lo Yang hadn’t arrived in Christmas containers in 2016, I wouldn’t even have those. Use of the ships did nothing to endear them to me. They’d not been used for at least six months before the PA release, and never since.

One day......maybe one day, you'll give me just a small ray of sunshine to work with.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles

The Anshan is a very nice DD, pays to have a high lvl capt in her, but if you ever get a Gremmy in an Xmas container, you will enjoy that one even more, also the Leningrad is an awesome DD for t7

Sign in to follow this