You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aura_Reaver

need help with the bismarck

6 comments in this topic

[AOD_B]
Members
29 posts
3,810 battles

Ok so i got the bismarck, i have a 16 point capt spec'd for secondaries. I've not been having good games in it at all. maybe a few 60k-85k battles and like 1 124k battle but the rest i avg 45k. i know some of it is the dispersion of the guns at long range but even at like 16 and 15k i'm only getting like two hits and more often then not its one pen and one shatter like 70% of the time  on broadside or mostly broadside bb's. 

another issue i know i have is pushing. early one when i started playing the game i would push and my team would run off and i would die. so i stopped trying to push till maybe mid match. any tips one using the bismarck?  I've watched a few how to plays but they just show the battle and don't really explain why there doing or not doing things. i love this game and have fun when i do good but i want get better.

im in a clan but there's only like 5 players in it and we like never play together. id love to find a clan that i can play with and learn from.

[KMS]
Beta Testers
108 posts
13,181 battles

Biz is one of the easier BB's to play. Spec for seconds on Capt and ship and try to fight your battles at the edge of that secondary range. You can tank pretty good in the Biz but still need to be aware of your situation on the map. Sitting out front and being set on fire by 4 enemy ships every 2 min is a sure way to lose. Keep playing and you will find the Biz groove with time. Oh, and be sure to use the manual secondary skill also and get in the habit of targeting closest ship even if it isn't in range yet...I forget about the manual targeting sometimes and its really annoying when I realize why my secondaries are not firing yet.

Edited by Lone_Starr

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles

Kinda what Lone_Star wrote. Great for pushing when you are part of the main force. I’d personnally recommend Fire Prevention first, after that upgrade your secondairies. 

[WOLF6]
Members
655 posts
6,063 battles

I'm fortunate enough to have the Tirpitz as well as the Bismarck , I run manual secondaries on the Bis and the Main gun accuracy module on the Tirpitz . As a consequence I can make shots with the Tirpitz that
I can't make with the Bis . You might want to try both builds to see what suits you best , thing is the Bis with manual secondaries is just so much fun to play that I'm reluctant to change the build on her .

[R-R-R]
Members
1,018 posts
7,817 battles

I respecced my Bismarck to secondary build this weekend and took her out for a spin.

Unfortunately, I have to say I don't like the secondary build at all. 6/7 games were T10, which is common for T8 ships. In T10 games, it is incredibly difficult to close distance. And even with secondaries, you won't get much done against all those Yamatos who have 460mm guns that overmatch your bow and stern.

Even worse, with secondary build, I don't have concealment expert, which makes it even harder to close distance. I am pretty much under focus fire from start to finish. I feel I am contributing more through tanking than doing damage myself, which is honestly not fun at all.

I think I will spec back into concealment and main gun accuracy. I will still take AFT for situational usage of both secondary and AA. I really don't feel I am gaining that much by investing so much into secondaries.

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,892 battles
14 hours ago, Exciton8964 said:

I respecced my Bismarck to secondary build this weekend and took her out for a spin.

Unfortunately, I have to say I don't like the secondary build at all. 6/7 games were T10, which is common for T8 ships. In T10 games, it is incredibly difficult to close distance. And even with secondaries, you won't get much done against all those Yamatos who have 460mm guns that overmatch your bow and stern.

Even worse, with secondary build, I don't have concealment expert, which makes it even harder to close distance. I am pretty much under focus fire from start to finish. I feel I am contributing more through tanking than doing damage myself, which is honestly not fun at all.

I think I will spec back into concealment and main gun accuracy. I will still take AFT for situational usage of both secondary and AA. I really don't feel I am gaining that much by investing so much into secondaries.

I find the modified tank version better, where you trade BFT and another skill for FP and possibly BoS.

tank1.thumb.jpg.ff8c186844640c6891291c543133d2b0.jpg

tank2.thumb.jpg.87a9714f1aa6651e4b4854f4ebd7c860.jpg

tannk3.thumb.jpg.59a1c93c8b16ee3ab3502fcb9e6d366c.jpg

All three (plus the Secondary gun upgrade) give me max secondary range, with good damage, while improving survivability. 

I personally don't find CE useful, as even with it, you're massively visible.  I'm not sneaking up or disengaging in a Bismark well no matter what; that's what hard cover is for.