Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Halonut24

What a difference the Prinz Makes!

6 comments in this topic

[WOSV]
Members
578 posts
2,928 battles

So I am really liking the Prinz Eugen. It's such a liberating experience to be in a ship that can actually compete with others at her tier, and even above.(Unlike a certain crud-stain of a ship that does nothing but tarnish the name of the US Navy)

I have a screenshot of my stats in my only other Tier 8 CA, New Orleans versus Prinz Eugen. It's pretty telling I think. Yeah, I know it's only 20 battles, but I don't exactly have all the time in the world to play my Tier 8 CA's. Still, the numbers tell quite a story with my experiences with these 2 ships.

NOLAvsPE.thumb.png.aaf5f5bdb40977121326301fb829868d.png

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles

If I could trade the heal for DF and Hydro at the same time I would have done that. Anyhow a buff is a buff, so I am still happy with it.

[_-_]
Members
1,756 posts

I agree, the PE feels pretty good now. I don't have the mad skillz to try going 1-on-1 against a Hindy or Des Moines, but the heal keeps you afloat when you catch the occasional T10 torpedo or Zao salvo.

I also kinda like the idea above of giving that consumable slot some more options. Everybody wants moar bacon, amirite? lol

[WOLFB]
Members
2,568 posts
10,453 battles

Eugen and NO are totally different.

NO has no armor but good AA and stealth. The ship seems ok when it comes to manoeuvrability and you have radar.

Prinz Eugen is an armored cruiser, with really good armor for her tier. Your concealment is bad, manoeuvrability seems meh but angled you're the tankiest cruiser among all T8 (same with Hipper). Also worth mentioning you can bow tank, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Gnesenau, and all T6 BB . Basically you will bounce AP<380mm guns. And you also has heal. 

Eugen allows you to survive if you make some mistake thanks to her armor. NO doesn't allow such things. If you like shooting in the open, Eugen is better for you. If you like sneaking behind island and shooting over them, NO is your best friend

Members
918 posts
9,443 battles

Interesting points above.  Loving my PE with the heal that I've been asking for - now I can play it more regularly, especially while tier locked in Ranked.

I did 1v1 a low health Des Moines over the weekend and smoked him.  Just recognized that he was vulnerable, however I would have been really hurting afterwards w/o the heal.

Great ship now.

Sign in to follow this