You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmSqueeker

Toxic even in coop

74 comments in this topic

Members
13 posts
11,992 battles

So, I'm not great in CVs.  I'm. . .  ok.  These days  that doesn't cut it.  Most of the remaining CV drivers are monsters, and against them I might as well be flying Snoopy's doghouse.  So, I satisfy my CV urges on coop and take Enterprise and Kaga, Hiryu and Ranger out for occasional nostalgia spin.  No harm, no foul, right?  Wrong.

Coop team, full team, no bots, lost the match.  Rare, but it happens.  Lost by points, the bot Enterprise was about 4k away from being my 5th kill when time ran out.  Yeah.  I got three of my four kills after the rest of the team was dead.  At one point I was in a crossfire from two cruisers defending the base.  Four kills, over 80 aircraft shot down, 160k+ damage, fought alone against the CV and three cruisers.  Twenty more seconds and I would have won the match and claimed my 5th kill.  Even in coop, that's not bad.

Well, that's what I though.  Two of the team stayed to watch.  One proceeded to dump on me, dump carriers, get out, uninstall, the usual drivel.  Clearly reported me for poor playing too, kharma dropped after the match.

I know kharma means less than nothing.  Comments notwithstanding, I know I played a pretty good game there, coop or not.  But jesus folks, bringing the toxic crap into coop?  That kind of crap is why I dropped World of Tanks, and why I took a couple months off from here.  He stayed at least five minutes in a coop game after he died to talk smack.  Why?  What was the point, other than to make me wonder why I even came back.

shot-18.04.30_00.10.13-0876.jpg

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

coop is and has been surprisingly toxic, yes.

I'd say it's even worse than randoms, but definitely not as much as ranked.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,835 posts
3,584 battles

From a psychological perspective, one could argue that players who play co-op may be used to winning almost every match.  As a result, they may very well take loss even more harshly than random players.

Or, alternatively, one could surmise that an aversion to loss, or an inability to handle it in a mature way, may be why they've chosen to play co-op to begin with.

Either possibility could result in severely toxic behavior.

Edited by DerKrampus
  • Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Members
1,105 posts
4,804 battles

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what game mode you play in, whether it is PvP in random, ranked, or clan battles, or PvE in Co-Op or Operations, you'll eventually encounter some salty people. It's just the nature of a multiplayer online game where a person how some anonymity behind a keyboard and computer screen. 

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,779 battles
2 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what game mode you play in, whether it is PvP in random, ranked, or clan battles, or PvE in Co-Op or Operations, you'll eventually encounter some salty people. It's just the nature of a multiplayer online game where a person how some anonymity behind a keyboard and computer screen. 

I don't think I came across any salt in clan battles at all. At least not in this last season.

• Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Members
1,105 posts
4,804 battles
Just now, Ju87s said:

I don't think I came across any salt in clan battles at all. At least not in this last season.

That is good to hear. I would expect that Clan battles would be the least likely place to encounter any salt, and I admit, that maybe I am being pessimistic when it comes to the behavior of people online because I've just seen a lot of salt in online games over the years.

Members
567 posts
80 battles
29 minutes ago, GrimmSqueeker said:

So, I'm not great in CVs.  I'm. . .  ok.  These days  that doesn't cut it.  Most of the remaining CV drivers are monsters, and against them I might as well be flying Snoopy's doghouse.  So, I satisfy my CV urges on coop and take Enterprise and Kaga, Hiryu and Ranger out for occasional nostalgia spin.  No harm, no foul, right?  Wrong.

Coop team, full team, no bots, lost the match.  Rare, but it happens.  Lost by points, the bot Enterprise was about 4k away from being my 5th kill when time ran out.  Yeah.  I got three of my four kills after the rest of the team was dead.  At one point I was in a crossfire from two cruisers defending the base.  Four kills, over 80 aircraft shot down, 160k+ damage, fought alone against the CV and three cruisers.  Twenty more seconds and I would have won the match and claimed my 5th kill.  Even in coop, that's not bad.

Well, that's what I though.  Two of the team stayed to watch.  One proceeded to dump on me, dump carriers, get out, uninstall, the usual drivel.  Clearly reported me for poor playing too, kharma dropped after the match.

I know kharma means less than nothing.  Comments notwithstanding, I know I played a pretty good game there, coop or not.  But jesus folks, bringing the toxic crap into coop?  That kind of crap is why I dropped World of Tanks, and why I took a couple months off from here.  He stayed at least five minutes in a coop game after he died to talk smack.  Why?  What was the point, other than to make me wonder why I even came back.

shot-18.04.30_00.10.13-0876.jpg

I kept asking myself why I spend time playing with a disturbing percentage of people who have serious psychological and social problems and that's why I don't play much any more. There are just too many losers who can't even do a first grade intellectual level task as properly identifying the cause of the loss of a match. And when they see it was clearly not you, they are too much of piece of shat that they can't admit they were wrong. You're dealing with seriously f-d up people. Worthless scum. The lowest trash of society. And this is not hyperbole. Can you imagine how twisted it would be if you gathered all these losers, put them up in a house and filmed a reality show of them?

And those that down vote me are the exact people I'm talking about because they are by proxy defending these losers and their behavior. 

• Cool 4

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
23 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

From a psychological perspective, one could argue that players who play co-op may be used to winning almost every match.  As a result, they may very well take loss even more harshly than random players.

Well speaking for myself as PvE player with 5,916 games in PvE, the only times I have gotten "toxic" is with purposeful TKs. But yes ALL MODES of this game has an Toxic level the varies from game to game, yes I like to win and I do rage but I do not rage in chat.

But I have also seen the toxic level pick up in PvE as newer players come into this mode. 

• Cool 2

[TF03]
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
42 minutes ago, GrimmSqueeker said:

Some people are like that towards CVs no matter how good you play, help the team, scout ahead and all that, soon as they are dead and your alive they just start to talk crap out off there mouths just because your a CV. They probably had a match before where the CV sunk them early on, the joys off playing CV you just have to ignore that crap from people but from what i see you played a good game.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

You were the CV, it's your fault if the team is defeated, you also get no credit when the team wins. 

It's not like aircraft carriers have any real role in real life navel warfare, why should they in WoWS!

[-VT3-]
Members
1,835 posts
3,584 battles
34 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

That is good to hear. I would expect that Clan battles would be the least likely place to encounter any salt, and I admit, that maybe I am being pessimistic when it comes to the behavior of people online because I've just seen a lot of salt in online games over the years.

Makes sense to me.  I can speak only for NGA, but we were under strict directions to maintain decorum at all times during CB; even more so than normally.  Representing your clan in a negative light in Clan Battles is a good way to get yourself ejected from your clan's CB team, if not the clan altogether.  I imagine many of the other teams were under similar restrictions.

Granted, that doesn't mean there wasn't a fair amount of toxicity in TS.  I didn't see things get too bad on our end, but I'm sure someone out there had a bit of rage in their clan's TS server.  Heightened stakes tend to do that.

Members
39 posts
1,452 battles

Had the same issue about a year ago trying to learn CVs with the Saipan in coop.  I wasn't performing as good as a player though I should have and began berating me in chat.  After that I just stopped playing them, but I'll get back to it eventually.  Training Room is nice for learning the mechanics, but coop is good for putting them in practice since ships actually move. 

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts
32 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well speaking for myself as PvE player with 5,916 games in PvE, the only times I have gotten "toxic" is with purposeful TKs. But yes ALL MODES of this game has an Toxic level the varies from game to game, yes I like to win and I do rage but I do not rage in chat.

But I have also seen the toxic level pick up in PvE as newer players come into this mode. 

Ditto 7000+ games on Co-Op the only toxicity I've heard is negligible, really! And some of those few have been Randoms come to Co-Op (by accident of course; they always let us know at the beginning of the game lol). Last toxic guy was about 2 months ago and went like this:

Random Player - Don't you *$^%ing idiots know how to play?!

Me - Yes, that's why we are all alive and you are dead! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TF03]
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
4 minutes ago, medoyehd said:

Had the same issue about a year ago trying to learn CVs with the Saipan in coop.  I wasn't performing as good as a player though I should have and began berating me in chat.  After that I just stopped playing them, but I'll get back to it eventually.  Training Room is nice for learning the mechanics, but coop is good for putting them in practice since ships actually move. 

They do in training room now since last update, CV are good and fun to play and the times when your in a match and someone send a massage in chat asking for AA cover and you can massage back look above you or the mini map do you see my planes above you or is it to hard to do that.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles

Ehh I have around 2000 games in PvP and around 12000 in PvE. In my experience PvE is far more sedate and less toxic than PvP not because PvE players are especially nicer, there is just 6 or 7 (I always forget) other humans in a match whereas in PvP there are 23 other people. With so many other people involved someone is bound to get their panties in a wad. Co-op is far less stressful so usually no one gets angry, the matches are over so quickly that everyone is usually just too busy blasting stuff to type. Nastiness in chat is really rare in PvE, at least that has been my experience. Other than some niceties early in the match (i.e. GLHF kind of stuff) chat is pretty quiet in 99% of the games. 

Losses in PvE are rare so when they happen it can be jarring. I suppose some people just react differently than others, I wouldn't worry about it any. 

[PVE]
Members
1,698 posts
7,349 battles

Losing in co-op use to be rare, not so much nowadays, have personally suffered on average one loss per day for the past 4 days, the teams I have had OMG, those teams YIKES!!...now if you want rare....had a DRAW yesterday, I lol'ed right through exiting the game and turning off the computer after that one. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_ohmy::Smile_amazed:

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
543 posts
7,835 battles
5 hours ago, ausanimal said:

Some people are like that towards CVs no matter how good you play, help the team, scout ahead and all that, soon as they are dead and your alive they just start to talk crap out off there mouths just because your a CV. They probably had a match before where the CV sunk them early on, the joys off playing CV you just have to ignore that crap from people but from what i see you played a good game.

Seconded. Leave the CV players alone. They make the game more interesting.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
4 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Ditto 7000+ games on Co-Op the only toxicity I've heard is negligible, really! And some of those few have been Randoms come to Co-Op (by accident of course; they always let us know at the beginning of the game lol). Last toxic guy was about 2 months ago and went like this:

Random Player - Don't you *$^%ing idiots know how to play?!

Me - Yes, that's why we are all alive and you are dead! :Smile_teethhappy:

And I can verify the _WaveRider_ does not go toxic considering how many times our two ships have run into each other LOL:cap_haloween:

And far as the Random Players in Co-Op, for the most part I have to say _WaveRider_ , got it right again.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 2

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Seconded. Leave the CV players alone. They make the game more interesting.

I agree, plus you can tell real soon in the game if you got a knowledgeable CV player or not, so throw salt at someone who is still learning does not help anyone.

• Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

The only time i can recall ever saying anything salty in pve, was when i got double team killed ( intentional) and even then it was more a prompting for an apology.

Unless you count trash talking the bots. I taunt them all the time!

[VOP]
Members
383 posts
7,426 battles

Fine game OP! :Smile_honoring:

4 kills is nothing to get salty about in a cv. I would have complimented you. +1

Keep in mind with the various missions and dailies that they are putting out now. These can be done in co-op too, so you will see more random players in training mode (as they call it). Carry on!

• Cool 1