You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyenaHiena

Game crash ever single night

25 comments in this topic

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,298 posts
12,371 battles

What the hell, ever night the game crash at least one time, someone else is having this problem? -_-

image.thumb.png.257029a4fc0d3cfe22d59f81134c7bb7.png

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,333 posts

Nope. Fine here. Never had issues with this game.

Does the launcher have some sort of repair tool like other games?

Members
191 posts
40 battles

I crashed twice in a single day since patch. Never crashed before. Both times when starting a knife fight in a DD vs DD in a Fletcher and Shimakaze while switching torpedo tubes and guns. Played mostly other ship classes that night and never crashed at all. Fortunately, I seem to have survived both crashes and can continue on the game.

Members
26 posts

I worry that the game is becoming more unstable for more players as the developers more ahead with the usual graphics tweaks to add more pretty pictures for the higher-end machines. They already admit they made an optimization goof that murdered FPS for all kinds of players as part of a plan to improve gfx in future. Several people I know have special issues with Nvidia gfx cards that grows more problematic with each patch as well. 

More generally, I have noted a strong increase in the number of times I am disconnected on loading into a battle since we hit the 7.x range of updates and it has gotten worse with each one. It can happen as often as once every half-dozen games and already delays a slow entry into the fight. Maybe 25% of the time that happens, I cannot simply reconnect but must reboot the whole game to get back in, meaning it can be four minutes into the fight before I am fully-loaded. 

Worrisome trends indeed. I hope your situation improves. 

Members
36 posts
5,442 battles

Yes once a day since the recent patch, ill probably do a ticket tomorrow. Same deal , critical error and I have to log back in to find my ship full of holes. Im on a modern, up to date pc, it seems to be a recent thing.

[_-_]
Members
1,774 posts

I know it can be frustrating at times. Game developers have to walk a narrow path between features, performance, and client-side requirements. I'm sure the WoWS devs try hard because it's in their best business interests to do so.

For what little it's worth, I experienced 2 or 3 client crashes a week when I first started in WoWS.  However, I solved that and other performance issues.

My 5-year-old PC is not particularly special, and I consistently run 35ms pings and 75 FPS with good stability.

I found the WGCheck utility (free download from WG) to be very helpful.

I also discovered that WoWS (like most real-time online games) truly hates resident anti-virus programs, even with permissions and exclusions set. AV still uses processor time slice and interrupts to manage the exceptions. So, I never use AV programs on my gaming machine. Because of this, I don't use my game box for web browsing. A minor inconvenience to me, but your situation may be different.

I must admit I'm a bit of a geek, because I take the time to tune out unnecessary background Processes and Services like print spoolers, automatic updates, and all the Windows "Customer Experience" and Media Center [edited] from startup.

This is all dependent on your OS. Windows 10 is not the greatest for gaming due to being a tremendous resource hog and having very limited user-defined performance options.

I personally recommend a clean, fully updated and patched Windows 7 Professional or Home Premium.  8.1 isn't too bad, but it's a bit more tedious to properly configure for best performance.

This really makes a clear difference on older and less-powerful machines for all games, not just WoWS.

You might consider it. Hope it helps.

Edited by TF77
Added info

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,456 posts
8,165 battles
6 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

What the hell, ever night the game crash at least one time, someone else is having this problem? -_-

Very brave posting this in forum. It a roasting moment. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CAST]
Members
1,566 posts
8,011 battles

Make sure you have lots of ram and a good video card.  Those 2 items fix a lot of problems when playing games like this. The video card doesn't have to be top tier, just half decent.

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,298 posts
12,371 battles
3 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

That Conqueror positioning though! Thats how you win! :)

funny fact: we win.

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,298 posts
12,371 battles
2 hours ago, Murcc said:

Make sure you have lots of ram and a good video card.  Those 2 items fix a lot of problems when playing games like this. The video card doesn't have to be top tier, just half decent.

i have 16 of ram and a gtx 970... never had this problem before, but now start... happens... in ranked... 1 time of day... hell.

[CAST]
Members
1,566 posts
8,011 battles
4 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

i have 16 of ram and a gtx 970... never had this problem before, but now start... happens... in ranked... 1 time of day... hell.

Yeah, that's enough ram and good enough video for this game.

There is possibly something in the game code that is interacting improperly with some computer setups and not others.

[-KAK-]
Members
98 posts
4,299 battles

Been having similar game crashes: Critical errors, Client freeze, etc.   Say 6 or so in the last week?  I've never experienced this many crashes before the latest 7.4 patch.

Re-installed some drivers and it's being doing a bit better. Glad to hear i'm not alone though

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
13 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Nope. Fine here. Never had issues with this game.

Does the launcher have some sort of repair tool like other games?

Yes top right corner of login screen is a settings widget.

Click there then click support then click check.

This is a game supported integrity check.

If it finds anything it will fix the problem.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,686 posts
24,571 battles

Used to happen to me maybe once every 10 days or 2 weeks.  Lately it has crashed once a day on Fri, Sat., Sun., and today.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,686 posts
24,571 battles
10 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Yes top right corner of login screen is a settings widget.

Click there then click support then click check.

This is a game supported integrity check.

If it finds anything it will fix the problem.

I never bothered to look closely at that page.  Just clicked through as fast as possible.

I'm running it now.

Thank you for the advice.

[-BMV-]
Members
311 posts
15,281 battles
On 4/30/2018 at 12:49 AM, HyenaHiena said:

I'm having this same problem, a critical error, the game suddenly freezes, no back to login or disconnect crash, is a freeze, the game simply crashes and you need to stop the game process from the task manager. Tonight i had another crash, so i checked the crash folder on the World of Warships folder, and of course, i didn't understand S***. The files with the crash reports are there though, you can see them in notepad. Tomorrow ill send those files in rar format and submit a ticket. Its becoming annoying lately as i'm suffering this for the past two weeks.

Edited by Sidelock
  • Cool 1

[G-O-W]
Members
363 posts
12,143 battles

I have lots of crashes. These are my some crashes since 0.7.4 ... Note: this is on the MAC with the WG client. So no comments please about the version of Windows. This is what WG provides to Mac users.

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 10.18.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 1.58.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 6.55.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 10.54.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 1.53.28 AM.png

Edited by awesomeartichokes
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
Members
4,312 posts
10,967 battles

How many cv accounts were you trying to sync drop at the same time?