You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

What camo is worth buying?

16 comments in this topic

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,551 posts
12,334 battles

I still have that ugly Xmas tree camo on my Cleveland I bought, for me now i never bother with prem camo as I have enough silver to not worry if I take a loss in game

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[WAG]
Beta Testers
730 posts
6,100 battles

bought the premium cammo for the t9 pan asain fletcher cause i love that ship, but could never really justify 4k dublooms for those cammo bonuses.

[WOLF5]
Members
684 posts
23,955 battles

Well since perm camo for Tier V-IX is 50% off thru Thursday, now's the time to buy it. 

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
1 hour ago, h9k_a said:

Well since perm camo for Tier V-IX is 50% off thru Thursday, now's the time to buy it. 

Or not.  When even 50% off makes me think the Camo is overpriced, then it’s definitely not worth getting.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Probably you will all buy Cleveland's camo. How about others?

Make sure to get the tier 9 (unlocks tier 9/8) and tier 7 (unlocks tier 7/6) permanent camos as well, that way you'll unlock the permanent camo for the whole US CA line plus tier 8 CL..

[WOLF5]
Members
684 posts
23,955 battles
28 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Or not.  When even 50% off makes me think the Camo is overpriced, then it’s definitely not worth getting.

At mid tiers, unless you really like the ship and intend to play it after you elite it out, I'd agree with you. However, specifically in the case of the Cleveland, if you buy it before the split,  you will keep the T-VI camo when it becomes the Pensacola as well as the new T-VIII Cleveland. At that point, 500 doubloons (with the 50% discount) absolutely makes sense since you get 4000 doubloons worth of camo for 500. Now factor in the steam bundles in the premium shop now (assuming you've got the ships already), you have the chance to get doubloons for a huge discount. Even the intro $5 starter deal for the Ishizuchi gets you 2500 doubs (if you have the ship already), 2 supercontainers, 25 storm wind camos and some in game extras. The other 3 steam bundles net you around 5k doubloons for $10 if you have the ships already. 

As for the others, once you get to T-IX and above, you'll find that with the number of games you have to play to elite out a ship, Perm Camo makes sense if you don't have a bunch of promo camo that you're willing to burn. Remember at T-IX+, you get +100% XP which means you will take half the number of games to progress. 

At T-X it's absolutely necessary if you intend to play the ship without a premium account and/or running credit flags AND want to still earn credits. Now if you're willing to play lots of lower tiers to fund your T-X habit, then feel free to use Type 5 camo.

Now if you intend to rank out, that's potentially a huge number of games (T-VIII and T-X this season, last season was T-VIII) then perm camo may be worth it. The rewards for ranked are not as great as the once were - for the most part unless  you're a really unicum,  you're going to be using more flags and camos then you would earn at each rank. If you're a 50% win rate IN RANKED, it's still going to take you over 250 games to rank out unless you manage to be #1 on the losing side alot. 

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
3 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I still have that ugly Xmas tree camo on my Cleveland I bought, for me now i never bother with prem camo as I have enough silver to not worry if I take a loss in game

I like that Christmas camo! I just wish that I could mount Christmas tree ornaments on the ship's rigging to go with it. :cap_like:

[DNTZ]
Members
284 posts
13,623 battles

I think some good boats for this are: Cleveland, Budyonny, and Bismarck.  These are where my 3 19 pointers are.

I just bought half off camo for my Nagato (wanted camo at VII) and Mogami (Yamamoto cmd here)...

Members
145 posts
4,325 battles

I would say get the permanent camo for any tier 8 ship you plan on using in ranked AND any tier 10 that you use in clan battles/ranked.  Your captain trainers should  be premiums (hopefully tier 7) and already have the permanent camo.

[F-N-S]
Members
522 posts

Thank you all. 

Looks like only cleveland and T9 camo are worth buying.

I bought Cleveland and Fletcher. 

I like Fletcher more than Gearing.

I am wondering if I shall buy Z46 but I don't know yet how good Z52 is. But that is another story.

FDG, Iowa are not worth buying. Still wondering about yugumo.

I dont have Roon or Ibuki yet...

[-GPF-]
Members
768 posts
4,099 battles

I've bought the Bismarck and Hipper camos. Bismarck because I needed that classic historical bismarck camo, and hipper because I had doubloons from an event, and I play my hipper a lot. 

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

Buy the camos for the ships you like to play. I was able to pick up a handful for dirt cheap with the sale (i had dubs burning a whole in my pocket from santa crates). My biggest customization request form WG is a full color wheel to customize camo colors / patterns.