Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KDEstroy_2

Hipper- viable for ranked?

7 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
51 battles

Now that the reload time has been buffed to 11.5 seconds from 13, is the pinnacle of German heavy cruisers a viable ship for this ranked season?

(you and I both know the Roon and the Hindenburg are WG fanfiction)

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
10,907 battles

Well, I've seen a few in ranked, German hydro isn't a bad thing. Probably not the best cruiser to bring, but if you're good in it, that's probably more important what people think is good for ranked or not.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,835 posts
3,584 battles

Gotta go with Kapitan and say that the heal is probably going to serve you better than Hipper's increased DPM.  For sheer utility, one could argue that a Chapaev or New Orleans might be a better choice, simply by virtue of having radar.  

However, if you're good in the Hipper, then by all means, make it happen.  Just remember: She was one of the lowest-scoring ships in her tier for a very long time.  It's difficult to tell if her reload buff is enough to make up for that, so soon after its release.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,847 posts
5,245 battles

German Hydro is good, especially with the special upgrade but with the amount of BB's and the lack of cruisers the extra range afforded by Radar has been more helpful.  Been running pretty much New Orleans non stop and have found that working the best for me so far.  But YMMV of course lol

Members
147 posts
11,659 battles

Ran the Hipper and decided to pick up Prinz Eugen after the buff.  I did both pretty good in them in rank.  The Prinz for sure has better staying power cause of the heal.  The dpm buff to the Hipper is good but if u have both I would bring the Eugen cause of the heal.  If not the Hipper works but u need to play a bit passive and not take risk.   Playing them has got me to rank 10 so o guess I played them correctly. 

Edited by Not_Your_Average_Potato

Sign in to follow this