You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TexRaptor

Asashio

32 comments in this topic

[ELECT]
Members
38 posts
3,365 battles

Hey,

I guess you dudes have not been listening,   All of these DDs that are invisible and kill my ships without any way of defense is in inexcusable you must not like my money.  now you have made this horrible ship which make me know I am wasting my money. Stop it Knerf the destroyers or I am keeping my money!

• Funny 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,191 posts
2,971 battles

Ever heard the word meta? Its a term for the general path people can follow. Maybe which side of the map is better, which order to get caps in, or in this case, the general favorite class of ships. Currently, there is a BB focused meta. Recently there have been BBs added that tempt people to play them (British HE pen and super heal, French speed, and even back to German secondaries. However, the time for BB to be the meta is over, now they (wg) is introducing ships meant to sway the meta away from BBs, such as a ship designed to kill BBs

Its the whole concept of 'cant beat em join em'. 

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You should try wasd hacks.  :cap_like:

Shh! Don't give away our sicrits!

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,532 posts
12,334 battles
17 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

Hey,

I guess you dudes have not been listening,   All of these DDs that are invisible and kill my ships without any way of defense is in inexcusable you must not like my money.  now you have made this horrible ship which make me know I am wasting my money. Stop it Knerf the destroyers or I am keeping my money!

The DD are not invisible they are using they're concealment to stay hidden, it what a DD does, if you truely want to be a better BB player, play a DD to you learn what it takes to kill a BB in one.

What will you say next when your always getting burned to death by cruisers, "nerf he or YOU don't get my money".

You are what the DD players love to see, a straight sailing BB not watching the mini map, never changing course or speed, I hope to see you in game sometime.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles

Knerf the destroyers or I am keeping my money!

keepmoney.JPG.1b4015cb88f4988c6ed44b27c210dfb8.JPG

image.png

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,588 posts
15,896 battles
46 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

I guess you dudes have not been listening

This is not exactly a news bulletin.

47 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

these DDs that are invisible

No DDs are invisible, the best detection in the game right now is Tachibana with a detection range of 4.7 K fully equipped.

48 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

kill my ships without any way of defense

Try turning. Or speeding up. Or slowing down. Or ... God forbid ... all of the above!

49 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

you must not like my money

Oh I know that's not true.

50 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

you have made this horrible ship

If it WAS a horrible ship you wouldn't be complaining.

51 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

make me know I am wasting my money

You're not; they are lovin' every dime!

52 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

Stop it

Bet THAT ain't happening!

53 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

Knerf the destroyers

Bet that ain't happening either! (and Nerf doesn't have an "K" in it!)

54 minutes ago, TexRaptor said:

I am keeping my money!

Seriously; how much of a threat do you really think that is?

• Funny 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,546 posts
10,373 battles

The only thing WG should nerf on Asashio is her stealth. It's annoying to be outspot in my new Shima by this P2W ship.

Other than that Asashio is fine 

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,532 posts
12,334 battles
10 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

The only thing WG should nerf on Asashio is her stealth. It's annoying to be outspot in my new Shima by this P2W ship.

Other than that Asashio is fine 

I wouldn't call the Asashio P2W, and if its only its stealth is what you refer to, then the HSF is also P2W, also the Kagero and Yugimo while not premiums do they fall into this bracket as well.

Your lower statement is the only thing that should be considered by anyone

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,532 posts
12,334 battles
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

RIP sacarsm 

Do you not know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,532 posts
12,334 battles
16 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Too late for WG to remove the poorly thought out ship of cancer now.

I would hardly call it cancer, I wouldn't even call it poorly thought out, this ship fits a niche type of player, much like a CV, you will  have good people playing it and bad people as well.

There is way to much hype over this ship, but at least it was a real ship in real life, and not a paper one, like so many play

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[INTEL]
Members
9,805 posts
27,863 battles

It's funny because I've already had the experience of not pushing in a BB because of that ship. I had to put Alabama next  to an island on Twin Brothers today  because that ship was near and I couldn't push. Very annoying. I had to wait until it left. If it had been another T8 DD I would have pushed no problem. I expect other BB drivers are facing the same issues.

Asashio (obvious nickname already in use: first syllable is another word for donkey, second syllable is another word for pit) is doing exactly what everyone said it would. 

[WORX]
Members
3,270 posts
14,695 battles
1 hour ago, TexRaptor said:

Hey,

The guy in question has less then 50 games in the DD class, a wallet warrior with the Tirpitz, smelling like freedom with a hint of nationalism grinding in the American BB line (commended).

I try not to be judgemental I really do, but when you become a conspiracy theorist advocating change with out any "facts". How can one take this request any seriously? DDs have been nurfed to the ground on the IJN DD line and the PA-DD line enough all ready. This guy does know to grind at the BB line since BBs have gotten the improvements for over a year now (congrats in getting the Montana). I can't judge I just say wow..  Cheers!

[LEGIO]
Members
3,246 posts
6,000 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I try not to be judgemental I really do, but when you become a conspiracy theorist advocating change with out any "facts". How can one take this request any seriously? DDs have been nurfed to the ground on the IJN DD line and the PA-DD line enough all ready. This guy does know to grind at the BB line since BBs have gotten the improvements for over a year now (congrats in getting the Montana). I can't judge I just say wow..  Cheers!

You complain about his "facts" then bring up your own "alternative facts" with the claim "DDs have been nurfed to the ground on the IJN DD line and the PA-DD line enough all ready."?

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,532 posts
12,334 battles
7 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

had been another T8 DD I would have pushed no problem

So you would of pushed into a T 8 Pan Asian DD if it were there, or a Kagero, but not the Asashio,  does the mindset of BB players change when they see an Ashasio on the red team, I'm guessing with all the hype BB players are genuinely scared

Members
1,050 posts
4,671 battles
19 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It's funny because I've already had the experience of not pushing in a BB because of that ship. I had to put Alabama next  to an island on Twin Brothers today  because that ship was near and I couldn't push. Very annoying. I had to wait until it left. If it had been another T8 DD I would have pushed no problem. I expect other BB drivers are facing the same issues.

Asashio (obvious nickname already in use: first syllable is another word for donkey, second syllable is another word for pit) is doing exactly what everyone said it would. 

And you described the problem with dds in general: bbs do no fear them anymore. A bb pushing without screen should be easily sunk by its 'counter' which is not exactly the case anymore.

It is similar to what a CV player would say about AA spec'ed Des Moines, "I want to torp and bomb it, but my planes cannot reach it, OP!"

Asashio was not a good idea, but it is what it is -  highly specialized ship to sink BBs.

I, as Asashio owner, would not mind WG to change torpedoes to include cruisers and bring their concealment to PA levels.

Edited by Vaitmana

[PNP]
Members
397 posts
3,222 battles
2 hours ago, TexRaptor said:

Hey,

Play a DD Gunboat yourself or div up with a friend that has one. When a gunboat catches an Asashio with its undies down, its often toast with butter and jelly on top.

Edited by RighteousRhyno

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,532 posts
12,334 battles
7 minutes ago, Vaitmana said:

would not mind WG to change torpedoes to include cruisers and bring their concealment to PA levels.

I think the concealment is what gives people the fear but seeing as it has the worst guns as in fire rate, its concealment makes up for this.

I would like to see them change the torps to hit CA but I highly doubt that will happen, as the crying will become more intense, but it would be nice

1 minute ago, RighteousRhyno said:

Play a DD Gunboat yourself or div up with a friend that has one. When a gunboat catches an Asashio with its undies down, its often toast with butter and jelly on top.

I suggest go look at the OP stats and conclude for yourself the complaint, while I agree totally with what your saying, I doubt this will ever happen from the OP

[INTEL]
Members
9,805 posts
27,863 battles
16 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

So you would of pushed into a T 8 Pan Asian DD if it were there, or a Kagero, but not the Asashio,  does the mindset of BB players change when they see an Ashasio on the red team, I'm guessing with all the hype BB players are genuinely scared

I never even think about Pan-Asians, they are so rare. I can't even remember the last time I saw a Hsienyang.  You're right, though. I wouldn't have pushed into a Hsienyang either.

The T9 DDs are excellent torp boats. I don't like pushing into them, but I will. 

Kags don't bother me, I had an Akizuki in front of me and I can dodge Kag torps (Alabama  is pretty nimble). But ridiculous OP torps designed to kill me can't be dodged. If you seem them coming, it is too late. Gimmick garbage like this simply shows that sooner or later WG is going to irreparably harm the game. Even now you know the devs are racking their brains for what new silly gimmick they can introduce.  

If WG wants BBs to push, there are two very simple solutions: (1) reduce (enhance) the offensive (defensive) power of high tier ships, and (2) give BBs longer range secondaries. BBs with good secondaries want to use them, and will work to put ships under them. 

[PRNA]
Members
14 posts
4,498 battles
Just now, TexRaptor said:

Hey,

this is a troll post - right?   no BB player can be this.. ummm..  ya know.   like this  :)

This is a DD player, trolling.... right. :)    a /s kind of thing.

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,532 posts
12,334 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

I never even think about Pan-Asians, they are so rare. I can't even remember the last time I saw a Hsienyang.  You're right, though. I wouldn't have pushed into a Hsienyang either.

The T9 DDs are excellent torp boats. I don't like pushing into them, but I will. 

Kags don't bother me, I had an Akizuki in front of me and I can dodge Kag torps (Alabama  is pretty nimble). But ridiculous OP torps designed to kill me can't be dodged. If you seem them coming, it is too late. Gimmick garbage like this simply shows that sooner or later WG is going to irreparably harm the game. Even now you know the devs are racking their brains for what new silly gimmick they can introduce.  

If WG wants BBs to push, there are two very simple solutions: (1) reduce (enhance) the offensive (defensive) power of high tier ships, and (2) give BBs longer range secondaries. BBs with good secondaries want to use them, and will work to put ships under them. 

You do realise the Akizuki has torps as powerful as the Asashio, it also has 20k plus HP, so in a situation where an NC pushes on my self in an Akizuki they generally get 1 chance to shoot, then they eat 2- 3 torps and die.

It was shown in a graph on another thread the time you have to move and the Asashio torps are mid range in time compared to the Pan Asian, I guess what I'm saying is fair enough, you want to push but where is the ca or dd in front of you scouting.

2 minutes ago, sean_solo7 said:

this is a troll post - right?   no BB player can be this.. ummm..  ya know.   like this  :)

This is a DD player, trolling.... right. :)    a /s kind of thing.

No serious, go look him up and you will see this is not a troll post this is legit