Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Is there a comprehensive guide on how to cit German BBs?

11 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
3,012 posts
6,379 battles

Long-range plunging fire or overmatching the bow is how I'd go about it. Large guns (Hint hint Musashi) can punch right through the bow or stern.

• Cool 1

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
9 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

No, basically you need to sink to your knees and pray to Rng -Jesus.

Pretty sure thats the comprehensive guide right there!

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Tis funny...I was never able to do it...really thought it was an X-files event when it happened...then I got my Richie...those weird shells would zing through CAs but would citadel German BBs...first time I did it I was stunned for about 10 seconds...really...this was me: :Smile_ohmy: No, I did NOT burn someone in a night fire to make the RNG gods happy....but that might help... 

[RLGN]
Members
10,110 posts
19,503 battles

Fire above the armored belt inside 10k-ish, perforate just above the armored belt/below the weather deck, or fire at the turrets and superstructure.

Outside 10k-ish, you can start, sometimes, getting the plunging shots mentioned above; but even then it's not a certainty.

Best things to use against German battleships? Torpedoes; either against straight-sailing potatoes, or from ambush, or AP dive bombers from above...

[FML]
Members
2,481 posts
11,931 battles
32 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I managed to cit Bayern and Konig before, but never Scharnhorst or Gnessenau . Is there a guide somewhere that I can refer to?

Long range plunging fire, particularly from IJN battleships*, seems to be the most effective. You want to bypass the strong side armour and go through the roof as much as possible. 

*Though one time I detonated a full health bow-on Scharnhorst in my Tirpitz with just 1 hit from max range. It was super effective/[edited]/hilarious. Pre det nerf though, ofc. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,572 posts
10,459 battles

When they are turning, they expose their underwater citadel. I scored few citadel with my Henri that way.

I think you can also "front" citadel Gnesenau with a Nagato. I remembered shooting from long range, hitting the fore end plating or deck, I don't remember then scoring a citadel. It's rare but I suppose it's not impossible.

But if you're looking for a ship able to constantly citadel German cruiser....well go for US AP DB / GZ 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,640 posts
15,896 battles

1). Buy a Graf Zeppelin ...

Sign in to follow this