You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastReaper

Does it make sense to keep Varyag...

15 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
4,279 posts
10,957 battles

Every ship but CVS were included in last year's Christmas crates. It is definitely worth keeping to keep from getting it again. That way you can get different better ships such as the oleg and aurora.... 

[BS]
Beta Testers
208 posts
9,337 battles
1 minute ago, manon45 said:

A better question is what sense does it make to not keep it?

This!

and don’t say for a free port slot please that is a bologni reason

Members
304 posts
4,576 battles

I thought Varyag was a bad ship, but I was able to pull this out of her (ignore the KanColle mod).

She is a low tier Atlanta, so use it like one. Hug islands, you can shoot over them with your high arc shells. This is how I once toasted a Nassau.

World_of_Warships_4_28_2018_11_59_21_PM.png

[-AVA-]
Members
189 posts
9,528 battles

Keep it if you collect or otherwise want it and don't need to concern yourself with how many port slots you have or using it for a trainer.

Personally, I only tried to complete the mission for the port slot and captain with no intention of keeping it. To confirm, I took it out for a battle and while it looked nice with the Pacific camo, it was okay but not really that impressive. If I want a trainer, I will use a lower tier DD or CA that is actually more fun to play, like a V-25, Wickes, St. Louis, Bogatyr, and so on.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
45 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Every ship but CVS were included in last year's Christmas crates. It is definitely worth keeping to keep from getting it again. That way you can get different better ships such as the oleg and aurora.... 

Those and Konig Albert, as far as I could tell.  

As far as the OP's question, it's your call.  If you urgently need the port slot because you don't have the doubloons for another, and you're not a collector, well, maybe you should sell it.  If not, then don't.  I'm not you, so I have no idea what your priorities are.  I'm a collector, and port slots are cheap, so I'll keep it.  YMMV.

Edited by mavfin87

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,907 posts
10,906 battles

I'm keeping mine as a beer and pretzels tier 3. If I want to train a captain, I've got some Russian DD's I can use in a higher tier.

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
466 posts
4,343 battles

General rule of thumb is never to sell any premiums.  Especially if they are bad.  Not only can you get them in SC or santa crates.  WG likes to buff weak (Looks at Kutuzov) premiums >Laughs in Albany<

Also if you ever do get a duplicate.  You get doubloons instead iirc since it's a premium.  So... Either way if you are patient enough and unlucky enough, you will get another port slot eventually.

[FML]
Members
2,479 posts
11,921 battles
15 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I just cranked out 50k+ in it, so I like mine.

I got 74k and a win. 

I think any further battles in it will just ruin the stats, so port queen it is ;-)

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles

Never sell premium ships.

Members
320 posts
2,719 battles
1 hour ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

I thought Varyag was a bad ship, but I was able to pull this out of her (ignore the KanColle mod).

She is a low tier Atlanta, so use it like one. Hug islands, you can shoot over them with your high arc shells. This is how I once toasted a Nassau.

World_of_Warships_4_28_2018_11_59_21_PM.png

"ignore the kancolle mod" how can I its so beautiful!