You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RobertViktor68

Ranked gem

9 comments in this topic

[MIA-E]
Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,929 battles

I normally don't brag about my feeling for best ship.  The CC's have better insight than me.  But I gotta say.... MY GASCOGNE IS A WINNER IN RANKED!

I've had a little "buyers remorse" about my Gascogne since it gets thrown into tier 10 matches a lot in regular battles.  But, ranked limits it to tier 8 and within its own tier in the ranked format it is a beast.

gascone.jpg

[MIA-E]
Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,929 battles
10 minutes ago, rabidrabit said:

Bragging about a good run is the kiss of death. 

But I stopped playing before I posted this.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Kinda wish I bought Gascogne instead of Hearts of Iron 4 a little while ago. What a waste of money. I can't enjoy that game at all.

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
16 hours ago, RobertViktor68 said:

But I stopped playing before I posted this.

Smart.

[RMOVE]
Beta Testers
815 posts
4,399 battles

I think it comes down more to streaks of games rather than the ship. Everyone has good days and bad days. Good on you though for being blessed by RNG and teammates that are worth their ship's displacement in brownie points. Cherish these days, for some day ahead... you'll call upon those battered dice of old and those "friends" you call brothers in arms... and they will say," Sorry mate, you're just gonna have to tough this 'un out."

[MIA-E]
Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,929 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Barkhorn said:

I think it comes down more to streaks of games rather than the ship. Everyone has good days and bad days. Good on you though for being blessed by RNG and teammates that are worth their ship's displacement in brownie points. Cherish these days, for some day ahead... you'll call upon those battered dice of old and those "friends" you call brothers in arms... and they will say," Sorry mate, you're just gonna have to tough this 'un out."

very true

[BS]
Beta Testers
208 posts
9,337 battles

Gascogne is a fine ship in my opinion.

i always liked it but refrained from using it so far due to some CC sayings it’s a very bad choice.

i will definitely give it a try, as a matter of fact I’ll do that right now

[MIA-E]
Beta Testers
1,165 posts
10,929 battles

On the other hand, my Roma is having problems in ranked.  Now that I'm up to rank 12, the undersized guns are having problems fully penning BB armor.  Was 1-2 with it this weekend.  German Tirpitz and Bismarck were shrugging off my shells at 10km.  Long range shooting no good either because of dispersion.  So far, I've had success in the Bismarck, Gascogne, Alabama, and Benson on a consistent basis.