Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

PSA: When does this glorious sale end?

14 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
8,788 posts
4,145 battles

I wanted to know how long I have to waffle on a decision to spend more money, so I went back and looked at the conditions stated on the WoWS web site.  Here's what they say:

The sale is in two parts, 1) the Doubloon Blowout, 2) the Golden Week.

The Doubloon Blowout is of two parts:

• The Doubloon discount (250 D for every $10 spent).  This ends early Monday morning, essentially tonight.
  • The $5 Starter Deal (Ishizuchi et al.).  This runs through May 11.

The Golden Week sale runs through Friday, May 4 early morning:

• Doubloon and Credit discounts on Japanese ships and bundles.
  • 50% off ship upgrades and permanent camos.

I can find no statement about the time span of the Steam Bundles. They might go away tonight.

If, like many, you buy the four "no brainer" ship bundles, you will have spent $34.97, for 750 D.  Spend another $5.03 or more for an additional 250 D.

Tl;dr - If you're going to spend money, spend it today, and spend enough to fill out that last $10.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,367 posts

Don't have, need or want the Ichi.

Bought the other three bundles for the Doubloons, but still haven't gotten the Texas bundle...and Support seems to be determined to ignore the documented proof I've provided...at least so far.....:Smile_teethhappy:

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Bought the other three bundles for the Doubloons, but still haven't gotten the Texas bundle...and Support seems to be determined to ignore the documented proof I've provided...at least so far.....:Smile_teethhappy:

The way I see it, the ichi js the cherry on top. You start the yamamoto collection without having to complete the campaign, you get 25 good camos and 24 dragon flags.

These alone would still make it worth it.

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLF7]
Members
11,367 posts
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

The way I see it, the ichi js the cherry on top. You start the yamamoto collection without having to complete the campaign, you get 25 good camos and 24 dragon flags.

These alone would still make it worth it.

Yes, it's a great value, but I don't really need a ship I'll probably never play....

And could care less about the Yamamoto campaign since I really don't play IJN at all. So while it's a good value, more camo and flags for $5 isn't something I really need...

Besides, I'm still waiting on WG to give me that last bundle, and they haven't responded since the original response this morning that ignored my proof and claimed the transaction didn't go thru....

Not likely to hand them more money, if they can't even bother to read the attachment showing the payment was made...:Smile_sceptic:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,595 posts
15,896 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Yes, it's a great value, but I don't really need a ship I'll probably never play....

Yeah, I passed on the BB deals; I'm not really any kind of a BB player. I did pick up a Graf Spee, even tho I'm not much of a CA player, either; it's just that it's ... Graf Spee! And for 10 bucks!

[WOLF9]
Members
8,788 posts
4,145 battles
32 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Me neither.  But even without the ship, which you can sell for about 1.3M Cr, the rest of the bundle is well worth the $5.

19 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

That's a good point.  I didn't even know I *could* start the collection until a bit suddenly showed up in a crate.  The crates alone are worth $4 in the Shop.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,788 posts
4,145 battles
18 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Besides, I'm still waiting on WG to give me that last bundle, and they haven't responded since the original response this morning that ignored my proof and claimed the transaction didn't go thru....

If you can still see the ship in the Shop, buy it again.  The mere fact that you were able to do so is proof that the first transaction didn't go through, and you can dispute any double charge outside WG if necessary.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles
39 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Get her for the crates and the port slot, LOL

I didn't know what to make of her either, except... extremely cheap Japanese premium battleship for training and first-win-bonusing low-tier Japanese captains (which is where I am now). But she's (almost) the most fun I've ever had playing battleships, so I'm not regretting that purchase one bit.

(The most fun I ever had playing battleships was a Normandie game I played recently. First 100K damage game in Randoms. Tense, but rewarding.)

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That's a good point.  I didn't even know I *could* start the collection until a bit suddenly showed up in a crate.  The crates alone are worth $4 in the Shop.

The best part is that after it begins you get drops from normal containers, so you can finish the whole collection without finishing the campaign itself :Smile_great:.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles
46 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Hit up a Mod.

I'm sure you prolly remember back in the day others were able to get things worked out going through them.

Idk if the new staff will do anything, but I'd at least hit up Pigeon if you haven't already.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,367 posts
16 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

If you can still see the ship in the Shop, buy it again.  The mere fact that you were able to do so is proof that the first transaction didn't go through, and you can dispute any double charge outside WG if necessary.

Except the first transaction did go thru, and it's been deducted from my account....Not going to pay for it twice....:Smile_teethhappy:

I provided them with the receipt from Amazon pay....which shows a successful transaction and a deduction from my account.

6 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Hit up a Mod.

I'm sure you prolly remember back in the day others were able to get things worked out going through them.

Idk if the new staff will do anything, but I'd at least hit up Pigeon if you haven't already.

I'll give it till tomorrow, since it's the weekend, if nothing by tomorrow I'll try a mod.

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Members
12 posts
3,867 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

23 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I had this happen to me last night with the anshan bundle. The first transaction looked like it succeeded but i never go the ship and no receipt from WG but my CC did get charged via amazon. I'm working through a support ticket now but if that doesn't workout i'm going to have to dispute it as a double charge.

[WOLF9]
Members
198 posts
4,567 battles

$35 for 18k in Doubloons plus port slots and commanders seemed like no brainer considering I already had all four ships.

Sign in to follow this