Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UssIowaSailor

Matchmaker is WORSE after patch

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles

 So Wargaming said oh we are going to fix Matchmaking..........well FIRE your programmers. I am 2-7 today and EVERY loss has been completely one-sided. I was on teams that got SKUNKED TWICE IN A ROW. I don't EVER remember that happening before the patch. I am trying hard but when I see us down 4 ships in the first three minutes of the game I come to a complete stop and shut off my secondaries and AA and tell the Red team to farm me for damage. If Matchmaking is going to give me trash to work with....I simply will not participate in the battle. Why should I even bother to play this game if the main mode of gameplay is so broken?

 

 

Sorry for the rant....I am just red zone frustrated right now.

Edited by UssIowaSailor
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
691
[WOLF4]
Members
1,425 posts
3,227 battles

Sadly its not a skill based MM. The change was just to make sure was to make sure our teams were mirrored better.

I'd love a skill based MM myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
146
[-THOR]
Members
173 posts
2,326 battles

Now, where is the post from the guy who went 7-2 saying how much BETTER the new changes are after the patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397
[WOLF1]
Members
2,546 posts

i know, MM has been so disgusting, so many 1-sided games with no end in sight

WG will lose more and more players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
146
[-THOR]
Members
173 posts
2,326 battles
11 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I am trying hard but when I see us down 4 ships in the first three minutes of the game I come to a complete stop and shut off my secondaries and AA and tell the Red team to farm me for damage.

I've seen teams come back from being down 4 ships plenty of times, particularly if the sunk ships are just dumb cruisers who charged into the cap (i.e. it's more of a problem if your team has lost all its DDs).   It's your give-up if at first you don't succeed attitude that's the bigger problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
3 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So OP is basically a sore losing quitter who can't carry!!!

 

The BEST player on the server couldn't carry the trash that has been on my team. In game I am a 1200-1300 WTR player with over 5k battles. So I have seen some trash teams, they just seem a lot worse since the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,684
Members
22,418 posts
5,787 battles
25 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

 So Wargaming said oh we are going to fix Matchmaking..........well FIRE your programmers. I am 2-7 today....

You haven't played 7 games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,684
Members
22,418 posts
5,787 battles
7 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

In game I am a 1200-1300 WTR player with over 5k battles. 

Why aren't you that here?

I get that you're using an alt to post, but unless we know who you are, no point referencing your main's stats.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
942
[5D5]
Members
2,692 posts
16,131 battles
4 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

The BEST player on the server couldn't carry the trash that has been on my team. In game I am a 1200-1300 WTR player with over 5k battles. So I have seen some trash teams, they just seem a lot worse since the patch.

So you post your rant from an alt account so that no one knows who you are.

Most of us have been there before yet we don't come to forums crying about it. Of course when it's the other way around I'm sure that's all your skill right...lol.

Move on salty warrior and maybe step away from the keyboard for a couple of hours.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
11 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So you post your rant from an alt account so that no one knows who you are.

Most of us have been there before yet we don't come to forums crying about it. Of course when it's the other way around I'm sure that's all your skill right...lol.

Move on salty warrior and maybe step away from the keyboard for a couple of hours.

A good example of the Matchmaking I have seen today. The other team had a top-tier Saipan, our team didn't have a SINGLE AA ship. All 5's and 6's with NO AA. We had a Ranger but that game was decided at MM there was NO way we were going to win that game no matter how much we tried. As expected the Saipan had a 6 kill game and methodically walked through the team I was on and there wasn't a thing we could do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,177
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,632 posts
15,896 battles

Well, if I were you ... I'd turn around and just beat the snot out of that guy who's got that gun to your head, making you play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,512 posts
10 battles

LOL I was just on a team that skunked the other team, it was not fun. Why is skilled based Matchmaking such a hard concept for wargaming. Is there a reason for not having it? I am guessing it is too keep the cue times as short as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
513
[JASH]
Members
3,688 posts
10,082 battles

For whatever reason I found that MM wasn't mirroring ship types over several consecutive battles yesterday. This was even though it was Saturday afternoon and evening with plenty of players on server, no CVs were involved and the load in times were completely typical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
384 posts
10,056 battles

Matckmaker seems to be mirror tier/ship pretty well in high tier, if you want skill based I guess you could go to rank once you get high enough queue times drag out...

 

here my exp in rank 5 queuing from this season and last...

Spoiler

XIi4oG2.jpg

iru3QV3.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,899 battles
1 hour ago, prevans said:

Now, where is the post from the guy who went 7-2 saying how much BETTER the new changes are after the patch?

I went 9-1 this morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×