Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

R.I.P. Space Battles

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles

WG, that was a fun variant.  I believe a lot of naysayers were converted by the actual event -- and by the Elite CXP farming.  (I made a bunch, though it really doesn't go that far with high-point COs.)

Please consider bringing it back at some point in the future.

Oh, and fix the mini-map before you do, please.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles

Forgot to mention that the event seemed well attended throughout.  Even at the end the queue times were from short to reasonable, even div'ing with a CV.

So I guess I'm not alone in enjoying, or at least farming, it.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,995 battles

I’m the opposite - a “yaysayer” that was turned off by the mode.  But I gave you the +1 here because I support variety in the game.  Even though it wasn’t my personal cup of tea, I hope they bring it back someday for those that do enjoy it.

[DARTH]
Members
542 posts
12,369 battles

I enjoyed the space battles, and hope they make a return sometime.  Especially since I forgot to buy the one camo that I wanted.  (sigh)

[NWNG]
Members
2,785 posts
4,654 battles

the ECXP was nice, but I only played for the missions that gave crates, because oil. once those were done, I stopped. It was enjoyable, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to finish my grind to the Yugumo.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles

The only thing I wanted (besides the expensive perm camos that I can't use anyway) was a Combat Dolphin patch.  <pff>

7 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

I’m the opposite - a “yaysayer” that was turned off by the mode.  But I gave you the +1 here because I support variety in the game.  Even though it wasn’t my personal cup of tea, I hope they bring it back someday for those that do enjoy it.

Thanks.  You're a mensch.  I think the one thing that I did unexpectedly enjoy was the free play in very powerful ships.  In T10 Random, the play seems very static.  Not so in Space Battles.

One thing (besides the mini-map that I found annoying was the difficulty in aiming, not being able to see the waterline or smoke.  (Maybe the low hit % helped with the free play.)

Ship skins were really cool, too.  Conversely, a few of the guys that I teamed with couldn't "look down" without a touch of vertigo. ...

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,995 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

One thing (besides the mini-map that I found annoying was the difficulty in aiming, not being able to see the waterline or smoke.  (Maybe the low hit % helped with the free 

And that was the crux of my issue.  I’m not great at gunnery to begin with, but it’s just no fun when you can’t hit *anything*.

[WOLFG]
Members
239 posts

I really enjoyed space battles since I don't get  to play level 10 ships.  They gave me a good feel for ships I might want to work toward.  On top of that i earned enough free experience to get a few level 10 captains.  Thanks!

[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,589 battles

I played in only a couple of times because I am working at getting my Fench and British cruisers to T6 and 7 for operations, but I did enjoy the game.  Battles were short and hectic and the ships are nice looking.

Color and sound reminded me of arcade games of the 1980s era.

Would not mind having this game mode back.

[YEETS]
Beta Testers
222 posts
3,855 battles

It got me two more 19 point captains through using some saved flags, and let me test out a few tier 10 ships I was curious about.  Zao and Minotaur aren't exactly anything to rush toward right now as far as I'm concerned.  Moskva and Republique?  Yes.

All in all, I can't complain and hope WG has something similar planned for next year.  Building up that much elite XP so quickly was perfect in that event.

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles

I'm a fan of any an all events really, it can offer a really different experience. Space Battles, Halloween, you name it, I really enjoy getting a chance to break from the norm.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles

I loved it. My only issue is that there were other things more worth my time (Normandie camo, grinding for Cleveland while I had premium time and an extended gameplay opportunity, etc.), and I could not do it all. Got 100k CEXP and heaps of camo out of it, though, and I can always put the Orlan in port if I ever want to convert her transferred XP to free and get the Nelson one day.

As a British cruiser main, it showed me I do not necessarily want the Minotaur. I will be taking my time over that grind and may even stay with the Edinburgh.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I loved it. My only issue is that there were other things more worth my time (Normandie camo, grinding for Cleveland while I had premium time and an extended gameplay opportunity, etc.), and I could not do it all.

Fortunately i had the cleveland, but harbored some delision of getting through pensa and NO, mangaged the Normandie camo. I still managed over 200k of elite xp, but wish i would have remembered earlier that i had all those dragon flags i was saving for when i had a 19pt'r. It easily could have been much more. Only realised it in the last days.

Also was super cool to have a change of scenery. And i thouroghly enjoyed it, wish i had been able to particpate in halloween, the replays of that look fun too.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,824 posts
4,180 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I can always put the Orlan in port if I ever want to convert her transferred XP to free

No need, though she is free.  Convert FXP takes the XP from any ship, even those not in port.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

No need, though she is free.  Convert FXP takes the XP from any ship, even those not in port.

Excellent. Thank you.

Sign in to follow this