Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
retic1959

For those frustrated in Ranked .

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles

Please excuse me ya'll for what may be a wordy and rambling post . Some of ya'll know that I've had health problems recently , specifically spinal surgery due to arthritis in my spine . In the past few weeks things have taken a turn for the worse for me and I wound up back in the hospital and I'm scheduled for a meeting with an orthopedic surgeon later on this week , looks like more surgery ahead . I enjoyed playing ranked a coupla seasons ago but I was unable to play last season due to my work schedule . I liked Ranked because IMO the odds are better at getting a smaller team to work together than a larger one , just my two cents worth on that . I'm sure some of ya'll also know I put my two cents in when WG does something I don't like and I hope I can continue to raise hell with them in the future . Anyway , I quit playing Random awhile back and went to Co-op because the shorter games were easier on me and there's less salt in Co-op . Having an Irish temper and being forced to walk with a cane means I always have a shillelaigh close at hand and I feared for the safety of my pc should some obnoxious geek mouth off to me in chat . :Smile_teethhappy:

Now I was really looking forward to playing Ranked this season , I was also hoping to have an Alabama to use since it's tier 8 and having lived in Mobile plus being a southerner the Bama is near and dear to my heart but being out of work screwed me on that account , nothing I can do about it so be it . However I decided to go ahead and try to play anyway with what I've got , managed to play three games yesterday and lost 2 of three , and I enjoyed every single one of them , I guess mostly because I don't know how many more I'll get to play , don't know how far I'll get but I ain't gonna worry about it . So to those of you getting frustrated in Ranked , take a breath , take a step back and try to remember this is just for fun and things can always be worse . Guess that's all I have to say , good luck ya'll .

 

  • Cool 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
1 minute ago, Rpkscout1 said:

Hope the surgery goes well! Good luck and fair seas. :fish_aqua:

Thank you , I can use all the good karma I can get .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
315
[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
17,099 battles

Hope you get to enjoy some games and all goes well for your surgery hf out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
4 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

Hope you get to enjoy some games and all goes well for your surgery hf out there

Thank you , I'm  just hoping they can fix me this time .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
5 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

Thank you .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
191 posts
9,569 battles
2 hours ago, retic1959 said:

Please excuse me ya'll for what may be a wordy and rambling post . Some of ya'll know that I've had health problems recently , specifically spinal surgery due to arthritis in my spine . In the past few weeks things have taken a turn for the worse for me and I wound up back in the hospital and I'm scheduled for a meeting with an orthopedic surgeon later on this week , looks like more surgery ahead . I enjoyed playing ranked a coupla seasons ago but I was unable to play last season due to my work schedule . I liked Ranked because IMO the odds are better at getting a smaller team to work together than a larger one , just my two cents worth on that . I'm sure some of ya'll also know I put my two cents in when WG does something I don't like and I hope I can continue to raise hell with them in the future . Anyway , I quit playing Random awhile back and went to Co-op because the shorter games were easier on me and there's less salt in Co-op . Having an Irish temper and being forced to walk with a cane means I always have a shillelaigh close at hand and I feared for the safety of my pc should some obnoxious geek mouth off to me in chat . :Smile_teethhappy:

Now I was really looking forward to playing Ranked this season , I was also hoping to have an Alabama to use since it's tier 8 and having lived in Mobile plus being a southerner the Bama is near and dear to my heart but being out of work screwed me on that account , nothing I can do about it so be it . However I decided to go ahead and try to play anyway with what I've got , managed to play three games yesterday and lost 2 of three , and I enjoyed every single one of them , I guess mostly because I don't know how many more I'll get to play , don't know how far I'll get but I ain't gonna worry about it . So to those of you getting frustrated in Ranked , take a breath , take a step back and try to remember this is just for fun and things can always be worse . Guess that's all I have to say , good luck ya'll .

 

I live about 30 minuets north of you 

Edited by IAF_NASTY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
51 minutes ago, IAF_NASTY said:

I live about 30 minuets north of you 

North shore ?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles

It would be nice to see a CC donate a bama to him before his next surgury

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Ranked is extremely frustrating. It is hilarious seeing whole teams with their stats hidden though :cap_look:.

 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
41 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

It would be nice to see a CC donate a bama to him before his next surgury

Too late ! w4spl3g already beat them to it , I'm in a state of shock right now and I just can't thank him enough for his kindness .

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
35 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Ranked is extremely frustrating. It is hilarious seeing whole teams with their stats hidden though :cap_look:.

 

Again from thank you from the bottom of my heart , I'm so happy right now!!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles
14 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Too late ! w4spl3g already beat them to it , I'm in a state of shock right now and I just can't thank him enough for his kindness .

Thank you w4spl3g, it's people like you who do make the world turn around. +10

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,709 battles
28 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Too late ! w4spl3g already beat them to it , I'm in a state of shock right now and I just can't thank him enough for his kindness .

That was kind of him. Awesome stuff.:Smile_great:

 I cant say I know exactly how you feel but I do know about back pain. Having had 2 back surgeries  20 years ago  B.A.K. spinal fusion. Took half of 2 vertebrae and removed the whole disk that was between them took 8+ hours in what was supposed to be a 3-4 hour surgery they had to cut all the dried fluid from around the nerve cluster. but hey I'm still walking (barely).  Any how I sincerely hope it does go well for you and that you have a good recovery.

 

 

Edited by InventedThought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
8 minutes ago, InventedThought said:

That was kind of him. Awesome stuff.:Smile_great:

 I cant say I know exactly how you feel but I do know about back pain. Having had 2 back surgeries  20 years ago  B.A.K. spinal fusion. Took half of 2 vertebrae and removed the whole disk that was between them took 8+ hours in what was supposed to be a 3-4 hour surgery they had to cut all the dried fluid from around the nerve cluster. but hey I'm still walking (barley).  Any how I sincerely hope it does go well for you and that you have a good recovery.

 

 

They removed the back half of a 6inch section of my spine in my neck and upper back and replaced it with plastic and steel to relieve the pressure on my spinal cord . I haven;t recovered from that yet but it appears i'm having the same problem further down , it's causing a lot of nerve and muscle pain right now . They have me on medication to stop or slow down the nerves from firing but it's not a cure . I already know what to expect , as you know it's risky surgery , just hope I can still walk afterwards .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,709 battles

Wow I sure hope they can fix you up brother. I lost 76% functionality in one leg and 22% in the other, but I can still walk so I am grateful for that. perhaps we will have the opportunity to Battle in the game. Good vibes your way and keep up the good fight man.:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
2 hours ago, IAF_NASTY said:

Citronelle which is just North of Mobile 

I'm living back in N'awlinz right now . I was the sous chef at the Admiral Semmes in downtown Mobile back in the eighty's . I'm afraid I was a little bit too much of a long haired , motorcycle riding wild child for Mobile at the time . Got thrown out of some fine establishments because they didn't like my looks and I wound up hanging out at a biker bar on highway 90 , everybody there had a similar story to tell , glad to know I wasn't singled out LOL . However I had quite a few memorable drunks and some damned fine meals at  the Acme If I remember correctly , right across from the battleship . I also got taken in by some New Orleans transplants that opened up a restaurant as well . Good times overall .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
29 minutes ago, InventedThought said:

Wow I sure hope they can fix you up brother. I lost 76% functionality in one leg and 22% in the other, but I can still walk so I am grateful for that. perhaps we will have the opportunity to Battle in the game. Good vibes your way and keep up the good fight man.:Smile_honoring:

Thanks ,hopefully neither you nor I have any more recurrences after this ,  look forward to seeing you in battle ! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by retic1959

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

I hope you get your back straightened out. I have a bad back myself (auto mechanic  27 years) and I used to treat my body like a carnival ride when I was younger. I have been paying for it for years now. Good luck and have fun with the new ship!

 

Thanks to the the people that make this a true community!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
11 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

I hope you get your back straightened out. I have a bad back myself (auto mechanic  27 years) and I used to treat my body like a carnival ride when I was younger. I have been paying for it for years now. Good luck and have fun with the new ship!

 

Thanks to the the people that make this a true community!

I've spent almost my entire life on my feet in the restaurant business , used to think nothing of slinging 20 gallon stock pots around without a care , guess I'm paying for it now . I agree 100% about the community , I'm out of up votes right now but you got mine , thanks for the well wishes .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,522
[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

We take so much for granted, until we get old and things start happening.

Thank you so much for that post, and hope you get well quick after the surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
5 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

We take so much for granted, until we get old and things start happening.

Thank you so much for that post, and hope you get well quick after the surgery.

That's gospel truth , thank you for the well wishes .

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×