You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Nothings changed with tier 8 MM. I guess they don't care to fix it.

132 comments in this topic

Members
1,764 posts
11,136 battles

I'm trying to grind Richelieu and Amagi. Four battles in a row my Richelieu  was one of two tier 8 ships in an almost all tier 10 battle.

WG is simply ignoring this issue. The only possible reason is that they want us to buy doubloons to convert to free XP and use that to skip passed the tier 8s. The difference between tiers 10 and 8 ships is the most significant than any other two spread. The main reason isn't just the HP and damage output but it's a spam tier. Tier 10 is full of torp spammer DDs, spamming CAs with guns that continuously rain shells along with spamming gunboats like Khab.
The situation has become much worse because many players simply won't play their t8 ships.

So what does this mean?  For me it means I'm not going to waste my time or doubloons and instead play tiers 5-7 as they are the most fun and most rewarding. I think I speak for many. 

shot-18.04.23_16.30.55-0971.jpg

shot-18.02.26_16.20.37-0813.jpg

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 11
  • Boring 1

Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

Well they want to push us all to tier 10 but some of us don't like the gameplay at tier 10 I think its horrible.

and I'm not interested in most the tier tier 10s maybe yammato and minotaur.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

This is Funny wait till you get to Tier 9. 

As Long as the +2 -2 MM remains this will never change, Your post is Null and Void.

Ranked and Clan Wars are  +0 -0 what would your complaint be then if  you lost? {Potato Team?} {This is already the Norm of Complaints}

Keep up the Silly Postings the enjoyment factor rises with each.

• Cool 3

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
5 minutes ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

Well they want to push us all to tier 10 but some of us don't like the gameplay at tier 10 I think its horrible.

and I'm not interested in most the tier tier 10s maybe yammato and minotaur.

I'd like to try tier 10 with a tier 10 boat, but it's damn hard grinding a tier 8 when you get pounded on 

Members
3,919 posts
8,419 battles

I enjoy tier VIII and do as well or better than lower tiers; that said my WR bombs up in IX and X. Tier VIII BBs have a nice balance of firepower and talents, the one exception for me the British Monarch.

Amagi, Atago, Bismarck, Hipper, Richelieu and Roma, all fine unique ships--no complaints.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles

Nothing in the patch notes to do +-1 with tier 8 so not sure what you expected.  I play tier 8 a fair amount of time and you need to play more conservatively to survive and try and out last others.  Feels great when you are a tier 8,  survive the game, and wind up in the top 4-5 on the team - even better with a win.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
24 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm trying to grind Richelieu and Amagi. Four battles in a row my Richelieu  was one of two tier 8 ships in an almost all tier 10 battle.

WG is simply ignoring this issue. The only possible reason is that they want us to buy doubloons to convert to free XP and use that to skip passed the tier 8s. The difference between tiers 10 and 8 ships is the most significant than any other two spread. The main reason isn't just the HP and damage output but it's a spam tier. Tier 10 is full of torp spammer DDs, spamming CAs with guns that continuously rain shells along with spamming gunboats like Khab.
The situation has become much worse because many players simply won't play their t8 ships.

So what does this mean?  For me it means I'm not going to waste my time or doubloons and instead play tiers 5-7 as they are the most fun and most rewarding. I think I speak for many. 

I'm sorry, STINK, but I did just fine in my Richelieu even in tier 10 battles.  The Richy has excellent high velocity guns that, despite only being 15"-ers, are capable of penning and doing good damage.  And if you're uncomfortable getting too close, those guns are fairly accurate and it can be worthwhile to spam a little HE from them at BBs at long ranges on occasion (just don't stick with HE all the time).

Funny you should bring up the Khab.  The reality is that at tier 8, you get the Kiev which is like the Khab's little brother.  The Kiev can spam out shells just fine for a tier 8 gunboat, and can be every bit as annoying as the Khab in good hands.

As for the Mino, you can deal with her in two ways. 

1. Do NOT show a Mino your broadside.  If you stay well angled, Minos can't do nearly as much damage to you with her AP. 

2. If you absolutely must, just stay outside of the Mino's relatively short gun range.

Oh, and 3.  if the Mino isn't hiding behind an island, learn to aim at smoke shooting ships.  You can still spank a ship like the Mino shooting from smoke if you can get shells on her.  Of course, ships that have spotter planes have a slight advantage when trying to do this, since the view angle from a spotter plane is a little more conducive to getting hits on smoke shooting cruisers.

As for WG "ignoring" the issue, maybe they don't think that it IS an issue.  I don't really see it as an issue myself.  It seems to me that the people who complain the loudest about this, are likely lacking in both experience and confidence when it comes to fighting in bottom tier ships in +/-2 tier mm battles.  People with both the experience and confidence can do extremely well when bottom tier.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
9 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I enjoy tier VIII and do as well or better than lower tiers; that said my WR bombs up in IX and X. Tier VIII BBs have a nice balance of firepower and talents, the one exception for me the British Monarch.

Amagi, Atago, Bismarck, Hipper, Richelieu and Roma, all fine unique ships--no complaints.

Welllllllll, I have a mild complaint about the Atago.  I think that its lack of range is a rather severe negative.  If it had the gun range of the Prinz Eugen, it'd be a far more comfortable ship to play in tier 10 battles.

• Cool 1

Members
1,764 posts
11,136 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This is Funny wait till you get to Tier 9. 

As Long as the +2 -2 MM remains this will never change, Your post is Null and Void.

Ranked and Clan Wars are  +0 -0 what would your complaint be then if  you lost? {Potato Team?} {This is already the Norm of Complaints}

Keep up the Silly Postings the enjoyment factor rises with each.

If you have nothing constructive to say  why don't you go bake some cookies or something instead of coming on here thinking you a more valid point and can insult the OP.

In case you didn't know, lower tiers have a different tier spread for a similar reason.  This is an issue brought up by lots of people. The only ones who don't care for it are the players who have rushed up the tiers to get as many t10s as they could without bothering to learn game mechanics

• Cool 4

Members
3,919 posts
8,419 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Welllllllll, I have a mild complaint about the Atago.  I think that its lack of range is a rather severe negative.  If it had the gun range of the Prinz Eugen, it'd be a far more comfortable ship to play in tier 10 battles.

True, plus... citadels. I'm just enamoured with her looks and the ship so many things going for her with the right player.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

If you have nothing constructive to say  why don't you go bake some cookies or something instead of coming on here thinking you a more valid point and can insult the OP.

In case you didn't know, lower tiers have a different tier spread for a similar reason.  This is an issue brought up by lots of people. The only ones who don't care for it are the players who have rushed up the tiers to get as many t10s as they could without bothering to learn game mechanics

Enjoyment Factor has risen once again

• Funny 3

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
3 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

True, plus... citadels. I'm just enamoured with her looks and the ship so many things going for her with the right player.

I can deal with the citadels if I can fight at a greater range where I have a little more time to dodge incoming shells.  Doesn't mean that I'll always be successful, but at least I feel like I have a fighting chance.

Members
1,764 posts
11,136 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm sorry, STINK, but I did just fine in my Richelieu even in tier 10 battles.  The Richy has excellent high velocity guns that, despite only being 15"-ers, are capable of penning and doing good damage.  And if you're uncomfortable getting too close, those guns are fairly accurate and it can be worthwhile to spam a little HE from them at BBs at long ranges on occasion (just don't stick with HE all the time).

Funny you should bring up the Khab.  The reality is that at tier 8, you get the Kiev which is like the Khab's little brother.  The Kiev can spam out shells just fine for a tier 8 gunboat, and can be every bit as annoying as the Khab in good hands.

As for the Mino, you can deal with her in two ways. 

1. Do NOT show a Mino your broadside.  If you stay well angled, Minos can't do nearly as much damage to you with her AP. 

2. If you absolutely must, just stay outside of the Mino's relatively short gun range.

Oh, and 3.  if the Mino isn't hiding behind an island, learn to aim at smoke shooting ships.  You can still spank a ship like the Mino shooting from smoke if you can get shells on her.  Of course, ships that have spotter planes have a slight advantage when trying to do this, since the view angle from a spotter plane is a little more conducive to getting hits on smoke shooting cruisers.

As for WG "ignoring" the issue, maybe they don't think that it IS an issue.  I don't really see it as an issue myself.  It seems to me that the people who complain the loudest about this, are likely lacking in both experience and confidence when it comes to fighting in bottom tier ships in +/-2 tier mm battles.  People with both the experience and confidence can do extremely well when bottom tier.

I have three tier 10 ships but I used to love to play tier 8 battles until the past year.

Listen, I don't mind if theres 30% tier 10s and the rest tiers 8 and 9. But that's not the case. 8/10 battles I'm either the only t8 or one of two t8s in an almost all t10 battle.  Gets tiring being targeted and hunted as an easy kill. I'm saying fix MM so that the ratio and more balanced

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Actually, it seems to me like you don't have anything constructive to say.  There's some cookie mix waiting for your attention in the kitchen.  

• Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
3 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I have three tier 10 ships but I used to love to play tier 8 battles until the past year.

Listen, I don't mind if theres 30% tier 10s and the rest tiers 8 and 9. But that's not the case. 8/10 battles I'm either the only t8 or one of two t8s in an almost all t10 battle.  Gets tiring being targeted and hunted as an easy kill. I'm saying fix MM so that the ratio and more balanced

I have suggested numerous times that it'd be an improvement if the WoWS devs would look at the WoT MM for guidance in this regard.

Members
1,764 posts
11,136 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, it seems to me like you don't have anything constructive to say.  There's some cookie mix waiting for your attention in the kitchen.  

My post is not original. There have been numerous people saying the exact same therefore it is constructive.

You know what isn't constructive? insulting the OP. or joining in on the insult like you did . Perhaps the both of you can bake a cake. 

Edited by STINKWEED_

Members
3,919 posts
8,419 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I can deal with the citadels if I can fight at a greater range where I have a little more time to dodge incoming shells.  Doesn't mean that I'll always be successful, but at least I feel like I have a fighting chance.

A spotter plane instead of the fighter would be good.

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles
5 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

A spotter plane instead of the fighter would be good.

It'd be an improvement.

6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

My post is not original. There have been numerous people saying the exact same therefore it is constructive.

Get a sense of humor.  Just because others have said the same thing, does not mean that repeating it is constructive.

• Cool 1

Members
1,764 posts
11,136 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

It'd be an improvement.

Get a sense of humor.  Just because others have said the same thing, does not mean that repeating it is constructive.

WG said they were fixing MM. Pointing out that tier 8 MM is still broken is constructive because if they see that players are still having an issue with it they will consider making some changes in the future.

On the other hand if they read posts that basically find nothing wrong with the MM or posts that attack the very thought that there's a t8 problem, they will ignore it altogether. So if you think that making insults and attacking me for trying to keep this issue relevant all you are doing is holding back any potential positive updates in the near future.
As someone who works with development I can assure you that WG prioritizes what they update based on the feedback in the forum. 

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,793 posts
4,986 battles
33 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

31 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I have suggested numerous times that it'd be an improvement if the WoWS devs would look at the WoT MM for guidance in this regard.

Yeah, and WoT MM is totally trash now, because in order to enforce the ratio, every player spends the vast majority of their games (except T10), in the bottom tier. Even in T9, most of the games are just T9 & T10.  Most of the few T10 WoT games I’ve played have been ALL T10 - so you’re not even immune at the top.

Be careful what you ask for.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,593 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

WG is simply ignoring this issue.

What was supposed to change? What issue are they ignoring? Tiers 5, 6, 7, and 8 all see +/-2 MM. If you want +/-1 MM play either tier 4 or tier 9, and if you want to be top dog play tier 10.

[O_O]
Members
5,010 posts
11,252 battles

I don't have any problems with Tier 8 for two reasons:

1. I find T8 ships to be plenty competitive against T10 ships.  I may have to play a bit more cautiously, but it's fine.
  2. When playing my Tier 8 ships, I am only bottom tier 38% of the time (over my last 258 T8 games).  I don't understand how some of you are claiming to be bottom tier 80-90% of the time.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,037 posts
29,868 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

F'n dam this!^^^^^^^

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles

Nothing in the patchnotes mentioned fixing the Tier 8 MM. That said, I'm not that satisfied by the MM I get in T8 at the moment, too many DDs. Of course this is also due to Ranked, and that we haven't had a new cruiser line in a while. Most likely with the upcoming split things will improve. It's a shame nonetheless because this is the tier where the really rewarding campaigns begin.