You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capitan_Crunch

Dunkerque IS BLOODY TERRIBLE remove from game

65 comments in this topic

Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

WG maybe play this thing in ops you will see what I mean it isn't even a MEH boat it is BLOODY aweful possibly ONE of the WORSE

premiums you have released Hungue pa cruiser is  20 times better.This ship is such crap I don't take it into randoms, I use the main gun accuracy mod 

and that doesn't help .Killer Whale op proves what a piece of junk this thing is,It doesn't deserve to be in game, make normadie the premium

and remove this utter piece of garbage.Seriously WG DEVS take the thing out and try it, it cant take on a tier 3 Kolberg without getting butthurt.

This thing needs a accuracy buff BIG time or just remove and credit everyone who has it the doubloons I would rather but premium camo for normadie

then have this POS.

Sorry rant over BUT this THING is Terrible.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,218 posts
6,506 battles

It is my 'cursed' ship.  I've done okay in it in a few Ops.  But in PvP, I have a 0% win rate as well as a 0% survival rate.  I know it's mostly me, but it feels like the reload takes an eternity.  I should re-spec the captain and use AR to see if it helps with the reload.  I know the New Mex and Arizona have worse reloads.  But this bote just feels like it takes longer than it does.  I rarely play it, and when I do it's in PvE or Ops.  But it's probably a bit like the Graf Spee.  It has a different play style that I've yet to figure out.  

Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

I don't think it's you or me the ship is just garbage not even usefull as a captain trainer.

Bump it down 2 tiers and I would take the coulbert over this turd....

It is garbage as a top tier ship, just think it gets to see tier 8.....

Edited by Capitan_Crunch
correction

[WOLFB]
Members
271 posts
5,710 battles

While i'm fine with people stating their views on a particular ship, I can completely agree that Dunk isn't for everyone, it's a ship and playstyle that is REALLY weird. I like weird ships so it works fine for me.

I'm sorry but screaming to the high heavens that an already established premium ship should be removed just cause it doesn't fit you is just...well...debatable. Also consider the fact that it is overall the second "best" T6 BB by winrate:

dunk.thumb.PNG.40c5506fbec9d8f5008627189737d794.PNG

The way i see it it's the New Mexico that needs some love, considering it isn't a bad ship at all.

• Cool 3

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Dunk is one of the best BBs I've ever had. I used Dunk in the last tier 6 ranked and did damn good with her and in Randoms I've done good with her too. The shell dispersal sucketh but that seems to be a French "flavor".

If you don't like Dunk, then don't drive it.

• Cool 1

Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

New mexico is a better ship but I know what ya mean.Those stats don't mean crap there are UNICUMS in this world that can make a balsa wood canoe

with a sailor with a rifle pull of amazing feats.

• Cool 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
17 minutes ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

WG maybe play this thing in ops you will see what I mean it isn't even a MEH boat it is BLOODY aweful possibly ONE of the WORSE

premiums you have released Hungue pa cruiser is  20 times better.This ship is such crap I don't take it into randoms, I use the main gun accuracy mod 

and that doesn't help .Killer Whale op proves what a piece of junk this thing is,It doesn't deserve to be in game, make normadie the premium

and remove this utter piece of garbage.Seriously WG DEVS take the thing out and try it, it cant take on a tier 3 Kolberg without getting butthurt.

This thing needs a accuracy buff BIG time or just remove and credit everyone who has it the doubloons I would rather but premium camo for normadie

then have this POS.

Sorry rant over BUT this THING is Terrible.

Dunkerque is an amazing ship. Don't blame the ship for your own lack of skill. The ship isnt the problem here.

• Cool 5

Beta Testers
964 posts
2,109 battles

Dunk demands of you a certain type of playstyle or it doesn't work. Take some time to learn that and maybe you'll start having more success. Otherwise don't complain.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
1 minute ago, Ulthwey said:

Dunkerque is an amazing ship. Don't blame the ship for your own lack of skill. The ship isnt the problem here.

That's could be it. Plus he's probably been getting spanked by Dunk drivers who know how to play their ship and that's why he want's Dunk removed from the game.

• Funny 2

Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

Too funny Reddnekk cheched your stats 65 games 49 percent win rate that's one of your best ships really?

Edited by Capitan_Crunch
correction

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

There is no such thing as a Pay to Win Ship {This is what your looking for.} From your Post This is what I read out of it.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles

You don’t know how to use it that’s all.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
19,999 posts
19,924 battles
13 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Ulthwey, to be frank, you're too good a player to be a judge of whether a ship is good or not.  Like the OP said in a later post, you're so good that you could produce unicum results in a leaky canoe with a rifle.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
4 minutes ago, My_Other_Car_Is_A_Tank said:

Dunk demands of you a certain type of playstyle or it doesn't work. Take some time to learn that and maybe you'll start having more success. Otherwise don't complain.

Its not even the playstyle. You just need to have a brain and good map awareness. Stay the hell away from anything that can overmatch your bow - 15" guns (or above). Staying near islands provides cover vs aircraft and HE spam. Dont go broadside to other BBs.

Thats it ... thats all there is to Dunkerque. Just have a brain.

[4HIM]
Members
2,218 posts
6,506 battles
11 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I for one will readily admit a lack of skill in sailing the Dunkin Donut.  But I don't play much in the way of BB's of late, so I'll put off learning to play it better until I get back to playing them.  And this one plays different than many other BB's.  Until then, it get rarely played in Ops.  One day I'll get back to it.  Just not any time soon.  

[SALVO]
Members
19,999 posts
19,924 battles

I actually kinda-sorta agree with the OP, but for different reasons.

I hate that the Dunkerque is a tier 6 ship.  IMO, it should be a tier 7 ship with much better accuracy, and other things buffed so that she can be a proper tier 7 premium BB.  The Dunkerque class was the immediate predecessor to the Richelieu class, and really deserved to be a tier 7 BB.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,491 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Ulthwey, to be frank, you're too good a player to be a judge of whether a ship is good or not.  Like the OP said in a later post, you're so good that you could produce unicum results in a leaky canoe with a rifle.

So, someone's not allowed toor shouldn't  give his opinion and arugement on things because they're good at the game? Wow, that's new. Normally, its people with stats like mines that get told this kind of stuff.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,625 battles

i quite like dunkerque. I think it's a fun t6 bb that performs pretty well.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You are giving me WAAAAY too much credit dude. There are quite a few ships in which I get my a.s.s handed to me repeatedly. I cant even make z52 work, and thats supposed to be the easiest tier X DD to play.

Beta Testers
964 posts
2,109 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'd say the better you get at a game the easier it is to tell if a ship is bad or not. Just because you can do well in a ship doesn't mean it's good. A good player, despite being able to work with what they have, understands better what it is they're working with.

[SFOR]
Members
973 posts
6,958 battles
22 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

While i'm fine with people stating their views on a particular ship, I can completely agree that Dunk isn't for everyone, it's a ship and playstyle that is REALLY weird. I like weird ships so it works fine for me.

I'm sorry but screaming to the high heavens that an already established premium ship should be removed just cause it doesn't fit you is just...well...debatable. Also consider the fact that it is overall the second "best" T6 BB by winrate:

dunk.thumb.PNG.40c5506fbec9d8f5008627189737d794.PNG

The way i see it it's the New Mexico that needs some love, considering it isn't a bad ship at all.

21 knots speed is what ruins the performance. You can't relocate, you want to bully the guys in one flank but you can't chase them. You can't dodge shots. 

[SFOR]
Members
973 posts
6,958 battles
17 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

There is no such thing as a Pay to Win Ship {This is what your looking for.} From your Post This is what I read out of it.

Belfast.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
19 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

1 minute ago, _no_one_ said:

Belfast.

Bull Sh