You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xLeadSledx

COWARDLINESS players

49 comments in this topic

Members
188 posts
22,841 battles

How many tier 10 games have you played when 1 team just runs away. I see it happen with other tiers but nothing like the [edited] you see in TIER 10 battles. There needs to be punishment as bad as "TEAMKILLER"  for "COWARDLINESS" .

• Cool 4
  • Angry 1

Members
1,029 posts
5,608 battles

Instead of cowardliness why don't we just punish the bad players? Like the players who play thousands of battles and can't even get to 50% WR in high tiers. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[MIA-P]
Members
665 posts
6,319 battles

Ah yes, the cowardly mlg pro tactic known only to stat padders and unicum players: kiting. How we all hate it!

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
563 posts
12,118 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketpacman said:

Instead of cowardliness why don't we just punish the bad players? Like the players who play thousands of battles and can't even get to 50% WR in high tiers. 

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
13 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

How many tier 10 games have you played when 1 team just runs away. I see it happen with other tiers but nothing like the [edited] you see in TIER 10 battles. There needs to be punishment as bad as "TEAMKILLER"  for "COWARDLINESS" .

I'm sick and tired of big mouths who think that charging into the enemy and getting themselves massacred for their stupidity somehow equates to bravery.  There needs to be a punishment for criminal stupidity.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[-THOR]
Members
173 posts
2,326 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm sick and tired of big mouths who think that charging into the enemy and getting themselves massacred for their stupidity somehow equates to bravery.  There needs to be a punishment for criminal stupidity.

I agree.  It's usually followed by a tirade in chat about how they didn't get any "support", that the team is a "bunch of p**sies", etc. 

People need to learn when to press the attack and when to cut and run.  It's usually a matter of relative strength.  A group of 8 ships that hasn't capped the closest objective probably needs to play a little more aggressively (perhaps this is what OP is referring to).  A group of 2 or 3 ships facing that group of 8 should probably get out of there and regroup with the rest of the fleet; charging at the enemy fleet will result in a quick and pointless death. 

[-THOR]
Members
173 posts
2,326 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Also, the "punishment" is that you get obliterated.  It evidently is very frustrating, given the chat spam and forum posts that it causes the perpetrators to engage in.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,006 posts
36 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

Yes we do...   It's called .....

Feb_22_18_Grozovoi_Clan_A.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
252 posts
946 battles
32 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Lol how did this comment make it 32 minutes? XD

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
19 minutes ago, prevans said:

I agree.  It's usually followed by a tirade in chat about how they didn't get any "support", that the team is a "bunch of *******", etc. 

People need to learn when to press the attack and when to cut and run.  It's usually a matter of relative strength.  A group of 8 ships that hasn't capped the closest objective probably needs to play a little more aggressively (perhaps this is what OP is referring to).  A group of 2 or 3 ships facing that group of 8 should probably get out of there and regroup with the rest of the fleet; charging at the enemy fleet will result in a quick and pointless death. 

Well, sometimes the team is a bunch of wusses.  I've called out many a team for being wusses when they refuse to get within respectable support range of a cap, and spend the entire battle kiting at nearly 20 km.  And good cap contending DDs, like a Benson in a battle I was in last night, won't even get near a cap, let alone on it.

At the same time, playing as aggressively as a mindless co-op bot is just as bad.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

So basically you want to Play alone. 

This is a Free To Play Game. { Free meaning ANYONE who can click the BATTLE  BUTTON}

The fact your Requiring "Cowards and Stupid players be punished" Says Volumes about YOU.

It is of my opinion that YOU Find another game. 

Problem Solved.

gfKXtqt.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
3,930 posts
8,487 battles
55 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

Yes turn them yellow for 10 battles and give them this Duck League tier I intro BB:

5ae6166300215_DonaldDuck.jpg.073648a0b7441a1ca217d6ae5caba411.jpg

[JASH]
Members
3,688 posts
10,082 battles

Much of the player base is inclined to either hiding away or hanging out back or conversely they throw away their ships needlessly. When they should be pushing they dicker around. When they should hanging back to preserve health they insist on staying exposed and detected, firing away like it's some kind of duel for honor. Map control, what's that?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,241 posts
14,235 battles

I have learned that most BB and CA are more effective after first 5 minutes.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
1 hour ago, xLeadSledx said:

Kid, just...

...nvm.

:fish_palm:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,642 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, xLeadSledx said:

Oh Pookie! If you could read as well as you rant you would know that the new WOW policy on players NOT participating is exactly that.

Reading ... OP ... please nerf!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,642 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Rocketpacman said:

why don't we just punish the bad players?

OK ... who gets to decide who is good and who is bad?

[HINON]
Members
10,708 posts
1 hour ago, senseNOTmade said:

Ah yes, the cowardly mlg pro tactic known only to stat padders and unicum players: kiting. How we all hate it!

JD4gNRo.jpg

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I'll do it!  

j/k

• Funny 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,642 posts
15,896 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I'll do it!  

I know you will! (and I know you AIN'T kidding!)

Members
150 posts
8,452 battles
28 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Yes turn them yellow for 10 battles and give them this Duck League tier I intro BB:

5ae6166300215_DonaldDuck.jpg.073648a0b7441a1ca217d6ae5caba411.jpg

If this means the return of the Bathtub matches, I want!

Members
1,029 posts
5,608 battles
9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I would humbly submit that if, after thousands of games played at high tiers, you cannot reach at least 50% WR you are indeed a bad player. 

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
3 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

I would humbly submit that if, after thousands of games played at high tiers, you cannot reach at least 50% WR you are indeed a bad player. 

Rocket, some people just spam out so many games early in their WoWS "career" that overcoming an early low WR can be extremely difficult.  Also, not everyone worships stats to the same degree as the true stat hos.   That doesn't make them bad players.  My WR is only a smidge over 51.5%.  And while I always try to win and improve, I refuse to worship at the temple of statistical godliness.  They're just not THAT important to me.  There's more to life than a 55% or 60% WR in WoWS, much as I love this game.

• Cool 2