You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hauptmanpanzer

There are hacks being used in the game

85 comments in this topic

[DWIND]
Beta Testers
50 posts
7,366 battles

I was just in a game and I shot 4 loads of torpedoes at a Nagato and every time he maneuvered out of the way and was not hit once. He was sitting in the back slowly moving, I was not detected and launched 2 salvos at 13 km, he then maneuvered and I missed with all torps. A few minutes later, I repeated the attempt and again as soon as I launched he moved out of the way. A typhoon moved in and I shot again at 7 km and as soon as I launched he moved out of the way. At no time was I detected and no other ship was close enough to spot my deep water 72 knot torps, with .9 detectability. I was in the Ashasio with 5. something detectability. I don't expect to connect with every torp I shoot, but this was so obvious it was almost laughable. Now the thing I get from this is, if some people feel the new ship is op or [edited] then they feel they have the right to cheat to even things up. If he even tried to hide what was going on I might not have noticed, but to start moving out of the way before my torps were any where near him, repeatedly, is not coincidence or the mark of a skilled player with uncanny spidey senses. It is the mark of a cheater.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles

This is called W A S D hacks, and they are totally legal. You have experienced a skilled player who has discovered the value of not sailing in a straight line. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

There are captain skills and ship modules that increase detection range of torps. It's hard to land torps at 13 KM even with torp accel. There is no mention of other ships which might have also spotted the torps which become permanently visible once spotted at all (a crapbroken mechanic). He definitely knew you were on the enemy team. Good BBs don't sit still or sail in straight lines at a constant speed for 5 minutes. I've seen some very sketchy dodges too but that detection, as with radar, etc, I'm sure is server side i.e. the server has to tell your client you can see something. I have seen a noticeable uptick in dodging since Asashio release probably because a lot of BBs respecced expecting every match to have 5 Asashios in it.

3 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

He had priority target. 

Also this, kind of, I remember a Flamuu video where he makes the claim that targeting a ship with torps does NOT trigger priority target only guns do. I have no way of verifying that for myself but I do know that if you're a DD firing guns at a BB and you pause to fire torps one who is paying attention might start trying to dodge.

EDIT 2: That's one of the biggest problems with the game, none of that information is actually in the game itself and there's a [edited] load of arcane edge case craplike this which is not immediately obvious.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,535 posts
4,679 battles

I would say he had priority target and RDF skill. Can easily tell if you're near by and what direction you are at.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,429 posts
7,380 battles
2 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

He had priority target. 

This, so much this. If you aim with your Torpedoes, PT will not count you as targeting. So that Nagato won't notice you targetting him. Once you switch back to your Torps (which is kind of a reflex for me at least) you are now targeting that person, and he will see that via PT. Easy dodges

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

Priority target can explain the timing or just simply WASD hacks. If I see an Asashio, I change course every 20-30s. But if you have priority target and change from guns to torps, the number of targeting goes down. When you change back it goes up. So if I see the number targeting me drop by 1 and go back up a few seconds later I know someone launched torps. 

Sometimes it’s fun to mess with good BB captains by switching every so often even if you don’t launch torps

• Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
4,322 battles

I had one trying to stealth torpid me in my izumo the other night.

He didn't land a single hit me either. Dodging the torpedoes from a single dd is easy.

Also if you were switching back and forth between your guns and torps and the target had priority target. You are just telling him what your doing.

And don't spam your torpedoes everytime they reload. It creates a pattern telegraphing when to dodge. 

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,267 battles

Another hackusation with no replay to support the claim. When will they ever learn?

On the other hand, WASD hacks are OP and must be nerfed.

Members
3,043 posts
4,322 battles
6 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

This, so much this. If you aim with your Torpedoes, PT will not count you as targeting. So that Nagato won't notice you targetting him. Once you switch back to your Torps (which is kind of a reflex for me at least) you are now targeting that person, and he will see that via PT. Easy dodges

If you are someone in a bb who is detected with no-one is targeting you. Just assume a dd is stalking you with torps loaded.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,744 posts
8,762 battles
13 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Also this, kind of, I remember a Flamuu video where he makes the claim that targeting a ship with torps does NOT trigger priority target only guns do. I have no way of verifying that for myself but I do know that if you're a DD firing guns at a BB and you pause to fire torps one who is paying attention might start trying to dodge.

This is real. The other day I saw Detected-1... then just Detected... then about 4 seconds later Detected-1 came back. Just to be safe, I turned sharply... and then right after that? 15 torps came in, still pretty tightly-packed together, and I sailed down a gap between two of the spreads.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,454 posts
6,658 battles

Throw one more vote in for "he was probably using priority target".  Even if he wasn't it's entirely possible he was just getting lucky, or maybe his instincts were kicking in.  If I know I'm being targeted by a DD, I'm not going to just be sitting still.  After I see his torps I start a mental timer, and figure the next volley will be ready in about a minute or so.  The longer I go with out changing course, the more the itch at at the back of my neck tells me to make random course changes.  

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,161 battles

As a famous sci-fi author once almost said, sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from hacks.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[SF-A]
Members
3,019 posts
6,405 battles

Priority target, vigilance, and RPF can give hints about torpedo attacks. Don't rule out a German DD (hidden) who screened for your torpedoes with sonar. Same goes for carriers or stealthy cruisers.

[CK5]
Members
1,020 posts
9,036 battles

I don't understand why so many DD players think all BB players are stupid.  I have news for you, some BB players are better than you.  

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[DWIND]
Beta Testers
50 posts
7,366 battles

I never switched to guns, so no PT. Not sure about WASD hacks. I never said I launched 1 spread in 1 direction. Multiple spread in cross pattern. I did say NO other ships around or planes to spot my torps. I did say deep water torps with .9 detectability and he moved as soon as I launched, every time. No matter what you say to defend, I know what I saw.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,161 battles
6 minutes ago, Hauptmanpanzer said:

I did say NO other ships around or planes to spot my torps.

... that you knew of.

Also, you said, you said, you said, you said - that's the problem. All we have is your word as to what you thought you saw, no replay, no screenshots, no nothing. Eye witness accounts are notoriously unreliable, and all we have is what you think you saw.

Next time you accuse people of cheating, please have some proof.

• Cool 2

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
10 minutes ago, Carniolan said:

It is SOOOOO easy to turn replay on.

Why do people insist on making accusations without a replay?

Because if they did, it would prove they’re pudknockers.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

Bring a replay next time you want to accuse someone of hacking.  Replay or it never happened.  Simple.

Edit: Ah, the OP isn't willing to show any replay.  Downvoted me.  

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,709 battles

Way to get a thread going OP. Wow I just learned a boat load of information about how Priority Target works. That should help with the play on DDs, BBs and cruisers. Thanks for all the of knowledge that you responders posted. More stuff to try to remember though.  Best thread all day so far.:Smile_coin:

• Cool 2

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
548 posts
8,226 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

This is called W A S D hacks, and they are totally legal. You have experienced a skilled player who has discovered the value of not sailing in a straight line. 

What is/are a WASD hack? I have heard of them but I am a totally vanilla player.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,222 posts
9,758 battles
9 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

What is/are a WASD hack? I have heard of them but I am a totally vanilla player.

That's when you use the WASD keys to manipulate your ship movement

[RLGN]
Members
719 posts
5,740 battles

I mean, good reviews of our new anti BB premium ship note that if you're in a BB you need to be taking evasive maneuvers within the first two minutes.  Furthermore the fact that he dodged the first one makes the next waves easier to dodge.  He was probably a decent player that remembered to take a look at the timer and dodge about when your reload would run up.  That's why your subsequent attacks resulted him dodging right about the time you launched if I had to guess.