You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zuga_01

So... how did you feel after getting the Varyag?

37 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

*shrug* I haven't even played it, another port queen since it's low tier anyway, that's fine, I didn't spend a crapload of money on it like some of my MANY other port queens.

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
486 posts
12,015 battles
15 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

I sold immediately, cuz worst.

file_172849_0_Grave%20Encounters.jpg

Never sell as you get the Varyag in the next Super/Santa/Other create.

[AFW-]
Members
960 posts
7,231 battles
3 minutes ago, SansPeur said:

Never sell as you get the Varyag in the next Super/Santa/Other create.

That logic/algorithm has gone into air few months ago. WG staff say the super container checks and gives u the premium you don't have lol.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
5 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

That logic/algorithm has gone into air few months ago. WG staff say the super container checks and gives u the premium you don't have lol.

which if you sell it you don't have so you can get it again...

[AFW-]
Members
960 posts
7,231 battles
1 minute ago, mrh308 said:

which if you sell it you don't have so you can get it again...

I don't care anymore for the containers.

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
15,196 battles

look at her, remember the horrible experience with Bogatyr, rigt click, sell, 200k profit !

[4HIM]
Members
2,217 posts
6,501 battles

Meh, I use low tier premiums to play in PvE from time to time to de-stress.  Or on those times I've had to work off pink.  Maybe shift my Molotov Cocktail captain into it to derp around.  

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,383 posts
13,562 battles

I played it into the obligatory co op battle last night and took second place, sunk two ships and one was a half hp BB. Ship # 215 in port. 60 some thousand damage. I should have taken screen shots because I may never play it again.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,866 posts
Just now, Vaitmana said:

The irony will be if WG buff Varyag later :Smile_teethhappy:

It was so bad they, they buffed it already. This is the buffed version. I'm keeping it so I don't get it in a SC.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,431 posts
20,866 battles

Never sell your ships !  Keep all of them like I do . Good or bad I enjoy them all with the Exception of Carriers which is BROKEN ! ! !

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,159 battles

Ehh the Varyag isn't a particularly good ship, the game is full of boats like that. The Bog is not one of those, you were doing something wrong if you couldn't make her work.. 

Keeping all the premium ships allows you to farm first win bonuses. If it is a ship that does poorly in PvP, take her into PvE and get a easy win. Farming first wins is the easiest way to get 19 point captains without any stress. Farming first win bonuses with 19 point captains is very nice and you get more 19 point captains. I have never been in need of credits or port slots, even playing free so have kept all my free premium ships. Several have received buffs that makes them fairly enjoyable to play. The Albany went from straight up POS status to "meh" status and I like using her to grind my cruiser & destroyer captains. I will keep my Varyag, it is a beautiful ship and plopping my 19 point Chappy captain in her to get more elite xp just makes me happy. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,070 posts
4,714 battles

It's a tier 3 premium cruiser that isn't great as far as her stats are concerned, but it's a FREE, tier 3 premium cruiser.

And even though here stats aren't great, she is pretty fun to take into battle and sail around in. Plus, it's another opportunity to train up your Russian commanders.

Edited by daVinci761st

[BNKR]
Members
460 posts
2,887 battles

Haven't gotten her yet (wife and kid are out of town for four days, so I will soon, lel) but she can't be worse than the Diana, can she?

:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,159 battles
2 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

Haven't gotten her yet (wife and kid are out of town for four days, so I will soon, lel) but she can't be worse than the Diana, can she?

:Smile_teethhappy:

Better than Diana, about the same as Aurora, probably not as good as St Louis IMHO. If you like protected cruisers she is a fun ship. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,147 posts
6,627 battles

She seems to me like a faster, more nimble Bogatyr. The secondaries are not to be relied on for hits unless you are almost at touching distance, and you need to remember which of the enemy cruisers have torpedoes before you try that.

I am going to put my Svietlana captain in her tonight to see what he does to the secondaries' effectiveness. If that looks good to go, the Svietlana goes bye-bye and a Russian destroyer appears in her place.

[PVE]
Members
8,145 posts
14,229 battles

Never understand people who complain about FREE stuff. Especially free Premium ships.

It isn't great but it isn't bad either.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

:Smile_sceptic:  Comes to the forum just to brag about how fast they sold something they were given for free.

Anyway...  

I'm keeping Varyag, buffed or not.  It's no Moskva but it was clearly never meant to be.  It's a tier 3 cruiser, and a very beautifully detailed one at that.  You can tell that a lot of special attention was put into it, especially with the visible interior details.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Beta Testers
608 posts
11,557 battles

I wonder if she gets extra Style points for Air Time, because those shells of hers sure are "floaty"

[WOLF9]
Members
1,070 posts
4,714 battles
13 minutes ago, ArcherDude said:

I wonder if she gets extra Style points for Air Time, because those shells of hers sure are "floaty"

Floaty shells? The Cleveland says "high." :Smile_teethhappy:

[LUCK]
Members
1,652 posts
22,873 battles

I didn't realize I did enough to earn until I noticed the ships in port ticked up by one. I played it once in co-op with a 19 Pt. Eh, it's another ship.

To the point of selling it, that's bad juju's. If you enjoy Santa crates, trust me don't sell any premiums. I think, outside of the CVs i don't have Kii, Fujin, Gascon and now Asashio. A very high percentage of all my premiums came from Santa crates. Come December....

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,378 posts
12,733 battles

Meh, got a 6 point captain and another poor trainer to go with my Diana on EU server.  Not too shabby really