Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

BOT CVs on each team, most useless

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
400 posts
6,723 battles

In co-op mode, BOT CVs are totally useless. They do nothing that a human CV, unless they are bad does. They do not spot, they mainly concern them selves with other CV BOT and in end game they increase their worthlessness. End game you can be alone fighting 2 enemy BOTs, wondering where they are and a Human CV driver will not help with spot. They will be off dropping useless torps at enemy BOT CV. Their torps are easily dodged. I just do not understand the concept with no human enemy element driving a CV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,048
[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles

Hahahahaha. 

 

Cue the "bot CVs are greatest thing and real variety!" crowd.

Edited by Taichunger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,640 posts
3,603 battles
52 minutes ago, Buzzardsluck said:

In co-op mode, BOT CVs are totally useless. They do nothing that a human CV, unless they are bad does. They do not spot, they mainly concern them selves with other CV BOT and in end game they increase their worthlessness. End game you can be alone fighting 2 enemy BOTs, wondering where they are and a Human CV driver will not help with spot. They will be off dropping useless torps at enemy BOT CV. Their torps are easily dodged. I just do not understand the concept with no human enemy element driving a CV. 

So basically they play like 95% of the rest of the human CV players in Randoms?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
406 posts
3,821 battles

The bot CVs are great, especially when you're charging them down in a ship with powerful AA, like a Missouri or Texas, and you just get to smack every plane down as they attempt to defend themselves.

To bad they avoid those ships like Hillary avoids turning over 30,000 classified emails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,167
[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Hahahahaha. 

 

Cue the "bot CVs are greatest thing and real variety!" crowd.

There's nothing wrong with "real variety".  However, I do agree that friendly bot CVs in coop seem like a waste because they seem so brain dead that they contribute next to nothing.  Of course, it's not like bot BBs, CAs, or DDs are any less brain dead.  Their brain-dead bot programming just happens to be such that they have more of a chance of accomplishing a little more.

 

Personally, I think that if we want true "real variety", WG needs to program the coop matchmaker to randomly select classes of the same ship type and tier, rather than perfectly mirroring the player team.  For example, if you entered a tier 6 coop battle in a T6 New Mexico, coop MM would randomly select one of the various tier 6 BBs that exist instead of automatically just picking a New Mex due to mirroring.  It'd be nice to face a bot team that wasn't a perfect mirror of the player team.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,137
[TBW]
Members
7,445 posts
13,614 battles

They are about as useful as a screen door on a Submarine, I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,991
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,209 posts
14,342 battles
1 hour ago, Buzzardsluck said:

In co-op mode, BOT CVs are totally useless. They do nothing that a human CV, unless they are bad does. They do not spot, they mainly concern them selves with other CV BOT and in end game they increase their worthlessness. End game you can be alone fighting 2 enemy BOTs, wondering where they are and a Human CV driver will not help with spot. They will be off dropping useless torps at enemy BOT CV. Their torps are easily dodged. I just do not understand the concept with no human enemy element driving a CV. 

Occasionally they do well. Literally just had a Yamato game where it came down to the red vs green Midways (both 100%) and our friendly bot Midway pulled it out. They aren't totally useless although usually not great. The red ones actually play decent at times. It is something that "most" PVE players were asking for. Constantly using 5-7 DD's got old. It was requested that more Cruisers be used as well as CV and BB be added to fill empty human spots when needed. They also add good reward farming opportunities for the players.

1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Hahahahaha. 

 

Cue the "bot CVs are greatest thing and real variety!" crowd.

No different than the way you constantly complain about them. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
196
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
808 posts
8,118 battles
1 hour ago, SirMuttonChops said:

The bot CVs are great, especially when you're charging them down in a ship with powerful AA, like a Missouri or Texas, and you just get to smack every plane down as they attempt to defend themselves.

To bad they avoid those ships like Hillary avoids turning over 30,000 classified emails.

Or like trump revealing his taxes.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,048
[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
36 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Occasionally they do well. Literally just had a Yamato game where it came down to the red vs green Midways (both 100%) and our friendly bot Midway pulled it out. They aren't totally useless although usually not great. The red ones actually play decent at times. It is something that "most" PVE players were asking for. Constantly using 5-7 DD's got old. It was requested that more Cruisers be used as well as CV and BB be added to fill empty human spots when needed. They also add good reward farming opportunities for the players.

No different than the way you constantly complain about them. 

WG did well when it got rid of five DD hell and added BBs. Too bad about the CVs though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,005
[RLGN]
Members
10,112 posts
19,510 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

For example, if you entered a tier 6 coop battle in a T6 New Mexico, coop MM would randomly select one of the various tier 6 BBs that exist instead of automatically just picking a New Mex due to mirroring.  It'd be nice to face a bot team that wasn't a perfect mirror of the player team.

Agreed.

Don’t mind the bot CVs; great for farming kill on. Either with my CV, or whatever other ship I’m driving.

Also love to go and kill the bastards after they repeatedly attack and annoy me with torpedo squads which do nothing but delay an inevitable end.

23 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

WG did well when it got rid of five DD hell and added BBs. Too bad about the CVs though.

Not such a big deal either, just a matter of understanding how to deal with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,991
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,209 posts
14,342 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Agreed.

Don’t mind the bot CVs; great for farming kill on. Either with my CV, or whatever other ship I’m driving.

Also love to go and kill the bastards after they repeatedly attack and annoy me with torpedo squads which do nothing but delay an inevitable end.

Not such a big deal either, just a matter of understanding how to deal with both.

Except that the DD's usually yolo each other leaving you with little to no damage to farm OR you wind up the only BB vs 5+ DD which is not fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,005
[RLGN]
Members
10,112 posts
19,510 battles
10 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Except that the DD's usually yolo each other leaving you with little to no damage to farm OR you wind up the only BB vs 5+ DD which is not fun.

That’s a situation where Normandie can shine! Oh yeah! Baby!

Run off towards a corner with the secondaries shredding away, and turn out occasionally to throw a shotgun blast of HE into a bot’s face! :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,625
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles

IMHO the big problem with the friendly bot carriers is they keep their fighters hovering over their ship early in the match and send their attack planes forward. They don't commit their fighters until the enemy planes are spotted and already attacking friendly ships. I think the AI needs a bit of tweaking to correct this, otherwise I don't care one way or the other about them. I have seen much worse carrier play by human players. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
623
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

IMHO the big problem with the friendly bot carriers is they keep their fighters hovering over their ship early in the match and send their attack planes forward. They don't commit their fighters until the enemy planes are spotted and already attacking friendly ships. I think the AI needs a bit of tweaking to correct this, otherwise I don't care one way or the other about them. I have seen much worse carrier play by human players. 

I'll agree to this. If the friendly bot CV sent its fighters forward from the start to attack the enemy bombers right away, I doubt it'd look so much better.

Funny thing is, it seems the enemy bot CV does the same. It keeps its fighters close. until there's a sighted target that it can shoot down, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,625
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
30 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I'll agree to this. If the friendly bot CV sent its fighters forward from the start to attack the enemy bombers right away, I doubt it'd look so much better.

Funny thing is, it seems the enemy bot CV does the same. It keeps its fighters close. until there's a sighted target that it can shoot down, lol.

I think it is poor AI scripting is all. Easy fix. Bot carriers always launch whatever planes are ready first. In other words if I take out my Langley in a co-op match, the mirrored bot will launch is bombers, then his torp planes, then his fighters. All a human player has to do is to wait until his fighters are ready, launch them first and attack his incoming attack planes. When those are dealt with, his fighters are usually close to friendly ships so I lock them down over those and destroy them. With a friendly bot carrier they kind of do the same thing, the big difference is they sometimes go for a cv strike which is fine by  me. It is stupid but the bots like doing that I suppose. I understand that it is possible to make the AI just overwhelming and unbeatable but the AI used in PvE is pretty bad. Now the AI that is in scenarios is pretty good, granted it is easier programing because much of that is scripted but watching how the bots perform in Ops and then seeing the stupid bots in Co-op, you got to wonder if there was a way to buff them from stupid to just mildly brain damaged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
623
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
55 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I think it is poor AI scripting is all. Easy fix. Bot carriers always launch whatever planes are ready first. In other words if I take out my Langley in a co-op match, the mirrored bot will launch is bombers, then his torp planes, then his fighters. All a human player has to do is to wait until his fighters are ready, launch them first and attack his incoming attack planes. When those are dealt with, his fighters are usually close to friendly ships so I lock them down over those and destroy them. With a friendly bot carrier they kind of do the same thing, the big difference is they sometimes go for a cv strike which is fine by  me. It is stupid but the bots like doing that I suppose. I understand that it is possible to make the AI just overwhelming and unbeatable but the AI used in PvE is pretty bad. Now the AI that is in scenarios is pretty good, granted it is easier programing because much of that is scripted but watching how the bots perform in Ops and then seeing the stupid bots in Co-op, you got to wonder if there was a way to buff them from stupid to just mildly brain damaged. 

This is what I always do; I launch my fighters first and send them away to scout and intercept the enemy bot bombers. By the time my fighters have started dealing with the enemy bot bombers, the enemy bot fighters show up, making a beeline toward my fighters, lol.

I honestly don't think that the bot CV's, even the friendly ones, are as bad as some people make them sound like. Sure, they'll never answer a call for help, because they are bots, but you can instead stay close to where the friendly bot is sending its planes, and the bot will take care of the enemy planes automatically. And watching the direction that the friendly bot planes are flying toward is a telltale sign that there're unspotted enemies in that direction.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,625
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
18 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

This is what I always do; I launch my fighters first and send them away to scout and intercept the enemy bot bombers. By the time my fighters have started dealing with the enemy bot bombers, the enemy bot fighters show up, making a beeline toward my fighters, lol.

I honestly don't think that the bot CV's, even the friendly ones, are as bad as some people make them sound like. Sure, they'll never answer a call for help, because they are bots, but you can instead stay close to where the friendly bot is sending its planes, and the bot will take care of the enemy planes automatically. And watching the direction that the friendly bot planes are flying toward is a telltale sign that there're unspotted enemies in that direction.

Absolutely this. Friendly bots are really easy to exploit. They are making a beeline towards the enemy, all you have to do is follow from a safe distance, let them take the heat, and farm the damage on the enemy bots. Like I said, the only thing I would want friendly carrier bots to do is send their fighters forward instead of keeping them hovering over itself. Once again, have seen human carrier players who perform worse than the bot carriers.. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×