You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

did you know you can sell them ARP ships?

24 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Members
3,613 posts
6 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

wow i just sold all my ARP ships, which i didnt know was possible. nice 20mil credits. thanks WG!

I think that came with 7.4. Welcome change. 

[HINON]
Members
10,707 posts

Yes I read the patch notes and the half dozen threads already on the forums about the same topic. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,261 posts
5,409 battles
59 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Yes I read the patch notes and the half dozen threads already on the forums about the same topic. :cap_haloween:

Clearly Sir, you are a master of understatement! :cap_book:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,939 posts
10,762 battles
12 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Yes, I can read.

But you couldn't type for a long while.

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,633 posts
15,896 battles

Yeah, because they took up an incredible amount of space when you had them turned off ... not!

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,152 battles
5 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

wow i just sold all my ARP ships, which i didnt know was possible. nice 20mil credits. thanks WG!

First thing I did after the update was sell those things :Smile_honoring:

Sweet!

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,591 posts
12,334 battles

Sold them all and got rid of the captains as well

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,374 posts
5,428 battles

Credits and port slots are easy to come by. I've got 40+ spare ship slots without ever trying.

The ARP ships and captains otoh will never be obtainable again. They're going to be increasingly rare collectors ships, so I kept them. I did however get rid of the duplicate captains, one of each is enough.

Members
1,640 posts
3,603 battles
3 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Credits and port slots are easy to come by. I've got 40+ spare ship slots without ever trying.

The ARP ships and captains otoh will never be obtainable again. They're going to be increasingly rare collectors ships, so I kept them. I did however get rid of the duplicate captains, one of each is enough.

I kept the 10 point captains and dismissed the other ones. I kept the ships to do experiments with and since I can hide them they aren't a bother other times. I certainly don't need the credits and I have more port slots and captain reserve spots than I'll ever use

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, because they took up an incredible amount of space when you had them turned off ... not!

Cleansed my port, kept one of each and they paid for the Alsace.....plus 6 more slots that I didn't really need...it's all good. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
13 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

And they are still meaningless and useless to most of us. This bizarre "collector" mindset is your choice...doesn't mean others must follow...:Smile_amazed:

[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
6,087 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Cleansed my port, kept one of each and they paid for the Alsace.....plus 6 more slots that I didn't really need...it's all good. :Smile_teethhappy:

Same here , I haven't started on the IJN line yet , and the Takao comes in handy for missions sometimes , but I don't need 5 Myoko clones including the dragon ship and 4 Kongo clones . One of eadh is enough .

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,374 posts
5,428 battles
35 minutes ago, awiggin said:

And they are still meaningless and useless to most of us. This bizarre "collector" mindset is your choice...doesn't mean others must follow...:Smile_amazed:

Do you not have a bunch of ships in your port that you play and don't want to sell? If so then you are a collector. My mindset is far from bizarre friend, considering that the whole point of the game is to grind the tech tree to reach and collect ships we want. The only difference between us is in which ships we wish to keep or sell.

I've also never asked anyone to follow. I gave my opinion, no more no less.

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles
2 hours ago, chewonit said:

But you couldn't type for a long while.

I still can't! Just cannot blame my keyboard anymore... :Smile_hiding:

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
7 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

I appreciate the heads-up - I rarely bother reading patch notes, unless there are significant changes a-brewing.

I've had those ships hidden so long, I had pretty much forgotten about them - good to know I can finally make use of them.

In regards the skippers, though - is there an option whereby they might be sold into a Middle Eastern slave market, and thereby maximise my financial return, as well as allowing their ridiculous screeching and squeaking to be put to best use?

No?

Maybe next patch.

Thanks again!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,446 posts
4,560 battles

if i ever need credits, i will sell a few. But i don't ever seeing that happening when i have almost 150mil

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
3 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

2 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Do you not have a bunch of ships in your port that you play and don't want to sell? If so then you are a collector. My mindset is far from bizarre friend, considering that the whole point of the game is to grind the tech tree to reach and collect ships we want. The only difference between us is in which ships we wish to keep or sell.

I've also never asked anyone to follow. I gave my opinion, no more no less.

I'm sorry you don't seem to get this, but I'll try to clarify. Your statement clearly tries to make out these ships somehow have value, when they don't, so yes, you were trying to sell people on keeping them.

You claim somehow they are "Increasing rare", when there is no such thing as RARE when it comes to pixels. And it really matters not to the vast majority of players that they won't be obtainable again. Collectible items have value, that's what makes them collectible, pixels have no value. If WG were to shut down tomorrow, you wouldn't have anything collected, except a memory...

Your entire logic chain breaks down here, pixels don't have any substance, you may as well claim a pixelized copy of the Mona Lisa is actually rare and valuable....:Smile_teethhappy:

I didn't need the credits, or the slots, but I also have no need for ships I'll never play....The only reason I kept one of each is that I have so many free slots and credits, and who knows, at some point in the future, I may actually play them, or be given a reason to by way of an event...still doesn't mean that I need 4 duplicate ships with ugly paint schemes...

I have no ships I keep because of "Oh SHINY!", I keep ships I like to play, or might play at some point, or might have a use in an event, or keep to avoid getting a duplicate in an SC......there is no other reason to keep them..:Smile_hiding:

And if WG allowed in game trading, I would have happily given them to someone who wanted them, but they don't and never will so.....out they go....

Edited by awiggin

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,633 posts
15,896 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

it's all good. :Smile_teethhappy:

and you got a new Avatar ... here is a little something to help you celebrate!

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

I was going to sell them but now that I can, I don't think I will.  As long as I have an excess of available port slots there is no need to.  Besides, these ships are going to become rarities over time.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,770 posts
3,937 battles

One thing to note is that YOU DO NOT GET PORT SLOTS FOR SELLING THE ARP SHIPS. The ARP ships never took up space in the first place. To be fair, I don't recall WG ever changing that either, so I could be wrong if it was changed recently.

No idea about the Dragon ones though. I think those two were rewarded with a port slot. So one may gain port slots for selling them off.