Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MakiStar

Big MO is too difficult for me

11 comments in this topic

[NAIVE]
Members
36 posts
4,677 battles

I have some difficult time playing with big MO. Given its accessibility to radar, its role in a game confuses me. I usually follow our DD to give support in capping like a Des Moines does. However, its large size, rates of fire,  and trajectory do not allow me to provide the same support as a Des Moines can. Well, the following diagram shows how my typical MO game looks like...

5ae55f04f3277_QQ20180429005218.thumb.png.98a95acb2c843f4ac7ed5a210a6e4bda.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
320 posts
2,719 battles

Its a BB just you aren't entirely helpless against the invisiboats. You dont really need to play it any different.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Don't feel bad.  I am about as bad as can be in the Missouri while honestly trying to be good in it.  I am downright awful in the Missouri.

It's gotten so that I only play it in Co-ops now.  Kind of a disappointment, really.  All that potential, wasted in Co-ops.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I have no idea how to play Iowa or Missouri. I wish I bought FDG instead of Iowa. At least I would know what to do.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

Mo is more of a mid-range BB. Play her alongside your cruisers.

The radar is a defensive tool unless you are pushing a cap. Which you should only do when you have more friendly fire support over the enemy, or when nobody's pushing back. Otherwise, use it to try and locate DDs that may be coming at you from the sides or trying to gank your midrange position from around islands.

Members
1,435 posts
8,260 battles

If i want to use the Mo to back up the DDs early, i try to find the magic range where the moment the DD spots me, my DD spots them.  Don't feel the need to rush in and use the radar early.  Play smart, and use it when you can get close enough or if you know they are close enough to you that you will spot them. 

Some maps/spawns require you to be more passive, other maps/spawns allow you to get right up next to the cap.  The iowas are one of the few BBs in the game where giving broadside will get you punished.  So to that end, you will want to be in a spot where you can get out of trouble by going dark or by using cover to turn. 

[HAG]
Beta Testers
364 posts
5,121 battles

I figured d I often. Don't use the radar until much later in the game usually after our other more nimble radar ships are gone later game a Mo's radar can be a game changer.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,738 battles

You don't want to Yolo into caps early with the MO just because of its radar. Play it like a support ship and move with cruisers.

I was surprised how good I was with the MO when I first got it. It was one of my top performing ships.  Then i just started suckking with it and never landing good hits. It usually just sits in port now. 

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles

Lots of information in the Battleship/American forums.  It took me awhile to figure it out especially since it is such a large ship and can be citadel'd fairly easily.  It packs a large punch when it hits and I have been able to get hits on DDs and can take a torp or 2 fairly well.

Sign in to follow this