You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

I'm a salty idiot, but thankfully I'm done.

10 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
10,019 posts
19,417 battles

I'm salty, I sucked; a little or a lot; in all but maybe 3 games; did I say I'm a salty idiot? No matter...

Fifteen games; seven wins, eight losses, Rank 15.

I'm out.

Have fun and good luck to those who have more patience with this lunacy Ranked than I do.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,278 posts

Yeah, I don't find Comp to be worth the time unless you're REALLY into that try-hard stuff. At that point though you might as well join up with a null-sec corp in EVE

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles

Welcome to the world of peeps that don't give a crap about ranked.

I dropped out after the first season I tried it which I think was actually the second one.

• Cool 1

Members
313 posts
5,371 battles

I find ranked fun for short bursts. To be honest I mostly do down to around 15 just to get the crap ton of flags you get for it.  

Also weirdly each season seems to have a different vibe. The last one seemed very unpleasant with lots of abuse going on and few people really trying. Played my first three matches today and they all had a good bunch of people who were actively trying even if they were good or not and were friendly in chat. Hopefully that's an omen.

[XXX]
Members
855 posts
2,952 battles

I started right at 12AM est when ranked 9 started & so far, it's not been too bad, till my last match of the night tonight. Team scattered. Plan was take C, don't rush the combined AB cap. They rushed the AB cap....

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,582 posts
15,896 battles

As I got older, I developed a mild heart condition, so now I skip all ranked seasons as that much salt is bad for me.

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

I played a game yesterday and one today and reached Rank 15. Try to get to Rank 10 and you will start at 16 next year. I'm only a moderately good player but I've gotten to Rank 10 the past three seasons. If I can do it, anyone can.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,135 battles

I played one game of Ranked so far. We lost but I had a blast. The game was very close, it was exciting, it was all the things that normal PvP play isn't. I forget how exciting the game can be when the entire team isn't camped out behind islands somewhere or hugging a map border. 

[XXX]
Members
855 posts
2,952 battles
On 4/29/2018 at 12:49 PM, Taylor3006 said:

I played one game of Ranked so far. We lost but I had a blast. The game was very close, it was exciting, it was all the things that normal PvP play isn't. I forget how exciting the game can be when the entire team isn't camped out behind islands somewhere or hugging a map border. 

I had one match during my losing streak that was a close one. We lost by 90 points. Came down to a few ships per side.

That's how ranked should be and not the more lopsided crap that it really is.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,772 posts
10,200 battles

Stay casual EP... don't go to the dark side! 

:Smile_honoring:

Spoiler

If you ask me the trick to ranked is to expect nothing. The lower your expectation the better you will do!