You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gear_Jamer

Geneisenau

35 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
114 posts
4,100 battles

Guys i have heard good thing about this ship and some bad i got it and dont have all the upgrade ye having trouble with it hitting other ships and getting good hits with it, can some one help tel me how to play it cause i am getting into battle with tier x ships is this thing a cruser or a battle ship cause it dont act like a battle ship it acy like a cruser with thin armor. My kong albert would probly sink it.

[SICNT]
[SICNT]
Members
12 posts
717 battles

You shouldn't be battling Tier 10 at tier 7, and she does have thick armor so if your saying its thin you migth not be angling right.

You should try to get the upgrade that decreases your dissperions.

[WAG]
Beta Testers
730 posts
6,100 battles

.....genei cant ever see t10 unless you fail div with her.... shes the most heavily armored ship at t7, due to her turtle-back, her torps and powerful secondary weapons make her an excelent brawler. just dont be an idiot and stay in the back, just keep pushing with your speed, and she should work wonders for you. remember though, her armor is on her SIDE, not her BOW, dont try to bow tank, its a good way to get yourself killed in her.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Why does this look so familiar? :Smile_amazed:

It's a day ending in y.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,988 posts

The Gniesenau is the 'upgraded' version with Hermelin turrets for dual-purpose AA Secondaries.

And it's the only Grind Battleship with torpedoes.  Sure, some premiums have them, but this is unique.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,574 battles

She has torpedoes, excellent secondaries, turtleback armor, and inconsistent dispersion.  All of this speaks to the ship's intended role: GET IN CLOSE!  

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
5 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

She has torpedoes, excellent secondaries, turtleback armor, and inconsistent dispersion.  All of this speaks to the ship's intended role: GET IN CLOSE!  

Never plan on using your torpedoes. However, if someone closes and you can safely get them off teach them about fish.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,574 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Never plan on using your torpedoes. However, if someone closes and you can safely get them off teach them about fish.

True, but they still hint at the ship's intention.  You're certainly not going to hit anything with your torpedoes, secondaries, (or even your main battery) when hiding in the back!

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
6 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

True, but they still hint at the ship's intention.  You're certainly not going to hit anything with your torpedoes, secondaries, (or even your main battery) when hiding in the back!

Very true but for many players being too aggressive is a far bigger problem than sitting back.

• Cool 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,831 posts
3,574 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Very true but for many players being too aggressive is a far bigger problem than sitting back.

Well, if one must fail, let them fail where they might do some work before they go. lol

[PVE]
Members
665 posts
5,701 battles

Don't bow tank, come in at an angle and try to be around 10km from the reds. Just time your approach so you don't close in on too many reds and catch a paddlin. Basically you drive like a less maneuverable heavy cruiser but shoot and tank like a BB.

• Cool 1

Members
1,631 posts
3,603 battles

Judging by your survival rate, hit percentage and average damage I'm taking a guess you try sniping from max range allot and probably use HE mainly. That is the opposite of what your suppose to do in German battleships, your suppose to be close to the fight (10-12km is a good zone from my experience) and use AP

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

8 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

Well, if one must fail, let them fail where they might do some work before they go. lol

Both are just as bad as the overly aggressive player rarely does much more damage than the overly cautious sniper. Balancing the correct amount of aggressiveness and caution is the key along with recognizing when to be aggressive and when to be cautious.

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
114 posts
4,100 battles

okay

Spoiler

okay one thing is i cant win enough battle with her to get all the upgrade for mod done on her she is like paper one hit and she almost dead so that is why i play her like snipping if i get close it's over

[MLPVA]
Members
231 posts
3,262 battles
8 hours ago, Gear_Jamer said:

okay

Reveal hidden contents

okay one thing is i cant win enough battle with her to get all the upgrade for mod done on her she is like paper one hit and she almost dead so that is why i play her like snipping if i get close it's over

Stop disrespecting this ship's capabilities by camping in the back and "sniping." If you can't hang with the brawling playstyle that the Gneisenau IS DESIGNED FOR, then stop playing German battleships now, sell her, and go play Japanese.

[WOLF6]
Members
655 posts
6,063 battles
On 5/2/2018 at 12:11 PM, Gear_Jamer said:

okay

Reveal hidden contents

Why don't you provide a replay so we can see what you are doing wrong , we can't help you otherwise .

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
6 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Why don't you provide a replay so we can see what you are doing wrong , we can't help you otherwise .

Yeah this is the best thing to do, you can even ask @Lord_Zath to look at it he helped me a lot with my HSF Graf Spee.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,118 posts
16,740 battles

Yup I'm happy to assist w/any replay :)

[WOLF6]
Members
655 posts
6,063 battles
On 5/3/2018 at 2:29 PM, Lord_Zath said:

Yup I'm happy to assist w/any replay :)

Ummmm , I think you have your work cut out for you with this one , language might be an issue too .

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,118 posts
16,740 battles

I'm rather distracted right now with King of the Sea tournament, so will try to get this replay done at some point...  maybe in a couple weeks.  Until then, please feel free to send me moar!

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
114 posts
4,100 battles

you all are just to funny this is what i am getting at and yes my game play is not vary good nore my typing

[FFLY]
Members
133 posts
7,270 battles
On 5/2/2018 at 10:13 PM, DarfTarts421 said:

Stop disrespecting this ship's capabilities by camping in the back and "sniping." If you can't hang with the brawling playstyle that the Gneisenau IS DESIGNED FOR, then stop playing German battleships now, sell her, and go play Japanese.

You can citadel a German at long range.  Snipping in a gneisenau will get u killed. Get in close and use your torps and secondaries. I have taken out an Iowa in close quarters thanks to two torp hits and two citadels within a few seconds

Members
19 posts
1,892 battles

I just got the Geneisenau as well and I have to say it's my favorite BB right now. It's great for getting in close and contesting caps, and it's torps are a game changer. Just had a really good game with her although it ultimately ended in defeat.

World of Warships 5_10_2018 11_02_56.png