New Penalization Mechanics

43 comments in this topic

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,361 posts
11,796 battles

Okay Wargaming,

I'm pretty incensed about you new penalization policies and mechanics for game play; specifically, Co-op battles.  I work overseas, and spend a significant amount of time in the UAE.  You may well know that there are ridiculous numbers of filters in the UAE and these filters interfere with gameplay in a huge way.

For this reason I play Co-op almost exclusively until I get to a country that doesn't use so many filters and firewalls.  I think it is absolutely ridiculous that I get penalized for inactivity and sentence to pink hell for something that is not my fault.  You need to fix this.  Getting disconnected, mega-lag to the point of disconnection and interruption is a product of the ISP and the ridiculous amount of morality filters that look at each and every bit of data.

I cannot even play the game I like so much, and have paid so much money into.

Really tired of this nonsense. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,797 battles

That sucks, but I can't find WG at fault for gameplay in the UAE.  Seriously.

[HELLS]
Members
2,029 posts
19,390 battles

Got pinked in a co-op game through a teamkill. Deserved it and apologized to the team mate by PM. What I did not like was the added penalty for abandoning the battle after I had been sunk when in fact I stayed put until the battle was over. I have the replay to prove it as well. Note that in this battle I was top scorer on our side even with the teamkill with 4 bot sinks. They need to look at how it works because I have seen a lot of pink since the update.

shot-18.04.28_15.07.34-0158.jpg

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
3 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Got pinked in a co-op game through a teamkill. Deserved it and apologized to the team mate by PM. What I did not like was the added penalty for abandoning the battle after I had been sunk when in fact I stayed put until the battle was over. I have the replay to prove it as well. Note that in this battle I was top scorer on our side even with the teamkill with 4 bot sinks. They need to look at how it works because I have seen a lot of pink since the update.

shot-18.04.28_15.07.34-0158.jpg

Apparently only the shadow knows how it works. :Smile_amazed:

I've heard people claiming their pink was removed immediately after getting it for a disconnect. Others claim they left after dying and got pinked. Still others claim they didn't do anything....

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,585 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, BullHalsey said:

No, you can't ... you can only fault WoW for punishing him for it like it was his fault.

50 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Apparently only the shadow knows how it works. :Smile_amazed:

Really ... Alec Baldwin ... he doesn't even know how to act, and that movie proved it!

• Cool 1

[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
102 posts
2,869 battles

its ridiculusly easy to become pink, whats the tresh hold for becoming orange ? 3 time pink ? 4 ? seriously this need to be removed. 

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,797 battles
44 minutes ago, Umikami said:

No, you can't ... you can only fault WoW for punishing him for it like it was his fault.

Really ... Alec Baldwin ... he doesn't even know how to act, and that movie proved it!

When your game barely works and you blame the company.  I can't support that.  It's at the point of just not playing it, i.e not WG's fault.

Edited by BullHalsey

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
25 minutes ago, devilman275 said:

its ridiculusly easy to become pink, whats the tresh hold for becoming orange ? 3 time pink ? 4 ? seriously this need to be removed. 

I didn't test the afk system that far on the PT but 1 time is 1 match pink and twice withing the cool down period is 4 games pink and at a guess three times is 6 or 8 games. The thing is if you are DC'ing or not loading into matches a lot it is past time to find out why and the odds are it is something on your end. The first thing to look at is your internet, a traceroute will find where your packets are getting hung up and you can get your ISP to get on. Getting an SSD will cure the majority of slow/non-entry into matches if your traceroute is good and the prices have dropped considerably and should be something everyone should consider.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,988 posts

Like I keep saying:

ORANGE SHOULD BE THE WARNING COLOR

PINK SHOULD BE THE PUNISHMENT COLOR.

They got it wrong...  real wrong.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
Just now, AVR_Project said:

Like I keep saying:

ORANGE SHOULD BE THE WARNING COLOR

PINK SHOULD BE THE PUNISHMENT COLOR.

They got it wrong...  real wrong.

Orange is the new black. :Smile_hiding:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,988 posts
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Orange is the new black. :Smile_hiding:

Or maybe they should just make them RED to both teams for them to farm HP off of.

[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
102 posts
2,869 battles
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I didn't test the afk system that far on the PT but 1 time is 1 match pink and twice withing the cool down period is 4 games pink and at a guess three times is 6 or 8 games. The thing is if you are DC'ing or not loading into matches a lot it is past time to find out why and the odds are it is something on your end. The first thing to look at is your internet, a traceroute will find where your packets are getting hung up and you can get your ISP to get on. Getting an SSD will cure the majority of slow/non-entry into matches if your traceroute is good and the prices have dropped considerably and should be something everyone should consider.

i say in general its too easy to go pink, oh your a dd main and someone didnt watch were you launch and speed through your torps ? pink & dead. 

you're cruiser/bb and someone bump into you in a firefight and you happen to shoot them twice in the super structure ? pink. 

the game crash because it happen alot in this version of the game despite your specs ? pink. 

aso where is the tresholds to become orange ? nobody knows, and bad sportmanship wasnt really a problem anyway why did they think it was a good idea to be so harsh

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
13 minutes ago, devilman275 said:

i say in general its too easy to go pink, oh your a dd main and someone didnt watch were you launch and speed through your torps ? pink & dead. 

you're cruiser/bb and someone bump into you in a firefight and you happen to shoot them twice in the super structure ? pink. 

the game crash because it happen alot in this version of the game despite your specs ? pink. 

aso where is the tresholds to become orange ? nobody knows, and bad sportmanship wasnt really a problem anyway why did they think it was a good idea to be so harsh

It is not the other friendly players job to watch for your torps. Always expect the friendly ships to maneuver in the worst way for your launch and plan your launches based on that and you will rarely hit friendlies.

For the other ships watch the mini map and come out of gun director view regularly to see what is around you.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,361 posts
11,796 battles
13 hours ago, BullHalsey said:

Why not?  It shouldn't matter where I play the game.  Isn't that why we have the internet?  The UAE used to have the best internet in the world (50 mbps up, 12 mbps down, 4ms ping), but now it's degenerated to garbage with respect to these games.  For example, I get better internet and no issues with gameplay in Algeria, of all places.

[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
102 posts
2,869 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

It is not the other friendly players job to watch for your torps. Always expect the friendly ships to maneuver in the worst way for your launch and plan your launches based on that and you will rarely hit friendlies.

i know, im tier 9 at the moment, craphappens no mather your skill or situations, even for battleship or cruisers players

all im saying is a misshaps should not be so severely punished, it will just drag people away from the game since tey'll fear the constant doom of being temporarly banned from the main gamemod

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
543 posts
7,713 battles
15 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

Okay Wargaming,

I'm pretty incensed about you new penalization policies and mechanics for game play; specifically, Co-op battles.  I work overseas, and spend a significant amount of time in the UAE.  You may well know that there are ridiculous numbers of filters in the UAE and these filters interfere with gameplay in a huge way.

For this reason I play Co-op almost exclusively until I get to a country that doesn't use so many filters and firewalls.  I think it is absolutely ridiculous that I get penalized for inactivity and sentence to pink hell for something that is not my fault.  You need to fix this.  Getting disconnected, mega-lag to the point of disconnection and interruption is a product of the ISP and the ridiculous amount of morality filters that look at each and every bit of data.

I cannot even play the game I like so much, and have paid so much money into.

Really tired of this nonsense. 

Agreed. I am presently working in south africa, which openly admits to screwing game players. Like we, game players, are anti ANC/communist. I am TRYING to play a game. I have NO interest in the policy of this country. Having said that WG have been really good in their support.

Also tired.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
3 hours ago, devilman275 said:

i know, im tier 9 at the moment, craphappens no mather your skill or situations, even for battleship or cruisers players

all im saying is a misshaps should not be so severely punished, it will just drag people away from the game since tey'll fear the constant doom of being temporarly banned from the main gamemod

Blame the abusers that turned team damage into a sport. If it isn't happening on a regular basis it isn't a problem although we have no idea what the threshold for being an abuser and becoming orange is. I am actually somewhat surprised there haven't been more posts whining about becoming pink or even orange, some people are slow learners.

[A-K-A]
Beta Testers
102 posts
2,869 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Blame the abusers that turned team damage into a sport. If it isn't happening on a regular basis it isn't a problem although we have no idea what the threshold for being an abuser and becoming orange is. I am actually somewhat surprised there haven't been more posts whining about becoming pink or even orange, some people are slow learners.

well for those people there is an actual report botton, and if they need that kind of automated stuff, it tells me alot about how they treat reports. 

and those abuser must be what, 0.0001% of the pops ? 

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,361 posts
11,796 battles
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I blame the whiners who whined about inactivity, AFK-ers, bots, etc.  I don't mean to minimalize Co-op, but for some us and from where we have to play, it's all we have.  I've even had to resort to training rooms and creating my own battles just for entertainment.  

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
1 hour ago, mohawkdriver said:

I blame the whiners who whined about inactivity, AFK-ers, bots, etc.  I don't mean to minimalize Co-op, but for some us and from where we have to play, it's all we have.  I've even had to resort to training rooms and creating my own battles just for entertainment.  

I am going to assume that they had data of people that loaded into matches and went back to port because they didn't like the line up.

Members
3 posts
450 battles

ive been having unknown connection error multiple times during loading a match since update and unable to log in immediately , and before i know it im at 13 matches penalty and can do co-ops only ,getting players punished for team kill i understand but when one gets disconnected and unable to log in is kinda a pain

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,361 posts
11,796 battles
12 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I am going to assume that they had data of people that loaded into matches and went back to port because they didn't like the line up.

I agree, but I have to wonder if WG considered random DC's, game crashes, etc in their plan.  For some of us where we have to play, Co-op is all we have that we can at least play and not screw up a Random if we're having ISP issues.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,186 posts
10,885 battles
3 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

I agree, but I have to wonder if WG considered random DC's, game crashes, etc in their plan.  For some of us where we have to play, Co-op is all we have that we can at least play and not screw up a Random if we're having ISP issues.

If the DC's, crashes, etc are not a regular occurrence this won't be a problem but for anyone that is having that happen on a regular basis I suggest having a support ticket going to show you are working on it.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,361 posts
11,796 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

If the DC's, crashes, etc are not a regular occurrence this won't be a problem but for anyone that is having that happen on a regular basis I suggest having a support ticket going to show you are working on it.

Good call.  Thanks.