Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Special skills of special commanders should be tagged even if they don't work on ship

5 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles

After transferring Dunkirk to Nelson to farm the 200% 1st win bonus for elite commander XP I took a look at his skills to see how they matched up for a BB as he is assigned to Neptune (at least he was before I accidentally assigned him to Danae as I was checking out it's stats & forgot to switch back to Nelson...but that's another story).

I noticed that "Jack of all Trades" & "Expert Marksman" have the new indicators to show he has perks in them but the "Smoke Screen Expert" doesn't because it doesn't add any benefit to BBs...but I think there should be an icon (but make it red) to show that there's a perk w/this skill even though it doesn't apply to this ship so people that may not have special skills of all the special commanders memorized will know all the options when trying to choose a commander for a ship (especially as there's new commanders on the horizon & I'm assuming more on the way each w/their own perks).

Just a thought so some people don't end up wasting perks by not realizing they are available because of the ship they are 1st assigned to (usually the T1 cruiser...although that wouldn't be applicable to Dunkirk as he's perfectly suited for Brit CLs...but other nations commanders may have perks that don't jive & might get overlooked).

An example actually using Dunkirk may be when Brits get their DD branch if Dunkirk is assigned to Nelson (or PoW) they might not realize the SSE is available although it would definitely be helpful for that line.

shot-18_04.28_18_30.29-0749.thumb.jpg.4eb758e11e8890cd9093ae09e128d1e6.jpg

• Cool 2

[EQRN]
Members
917 posts
11,006 battles

I think they just forgot to put that icon on that skill, it still says 30% larger smoke.  Presumably they’ve caught wind of their mistake and will fix it in a future patch.  As long as it works it doesn’t bother me.

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I think they just forgot to put that icon on that skill, it still says 30% larger smoke.  Presumably they’ve caught wind of their mistake and will fix it in a future patch.  As long as it works it doesn’t bother me.

The icon shows up when assigned to Neptune (as it works on Neptune)...it doesn't show up on Nelson because it doesn't have any benefit to Nelson (because Nelson has no smoke screen).

I'm suggesting they highlight the fact the skill is perked no matter what ship he (or any other commander w/any special skills) is on so people will know even if they are assigned to a ship it doesn't apply to...but make the icon red to clarify it provides no benefit to that ship.

[EQRN]
Members
917 posts
11,006 battles

I had him on Neptune and did not get the smokescreen icon, maybe it only appears if you've trained the skill?  I had the other two trained.

Sign in to follow this