You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DannyS76

Punished

25 comments in this topic

[_CIA_]
[_CIA_]
Members
363 posts
3,652 battles

The rule for leaving game early is messed up. If my game crashes through no fault of my own, I turn pink? This has happened to some I know. It shouldn't be all incompasing.

[RLGN]
Members
10,125 posts
19,511 battles

Penalty is only a game or two?

Though yes; if your connection causes a lot of issues, I can see where this might be a problem...

[WAG]
Beta Testers
731 posts
6,106 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

I think it can tell between a crash and  A quit

it cant.

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

I believe it's a 2 game penalty. Nothing really onerous. If you can afford it, I suggest solid state hard-drives. I was crashing a lot recently(it was a windows issue; fixed it) and I always get back into a game pretty fast.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,644 posts
15,896 battles
53 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I think it can tell between a crash and  A quit

I guarantee you it cannot.

[-BRS-]
Members
2,554 posts
15,796 battles
56 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

it cant.

4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I guarantee you it cannot.

I thought they posted something about they could but I could be wrong

Edited by silverdahc

[BTPMD]
Members
11 posts
6,355 battles
On 4/28/2018 at 9:31 PM, DannyS76 said:

The rule for leaving game early is messed up. If my game crashes through no fault of my own, I turn pink? This has happened to some I know. It shouldn't be all incompasing.

I agree and  iF THEY ARE GOING TO BLOW YOU UP FOR A UNINTENTIONAL TROP HIT  THEY SHOULDPUT A SELF DESTRUCT FUNCTION TOO

Members
3 posts
450 battles
4 hours ago, matvfls5591 said:

Have you tried?

happened to me a couple of times yesterday got disconnected and unable to log in ''unknown connection error'' before i know it i got 13 penalties , now im afraid to play...

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
240 posts
5,319 battles
On 4/28/2018 at 10:40 PM, RipNuN2 said:

Pink is just a warning to be careful. 

Yea! 'cuz the player has all the control over the connection.

[HINON]
Members
10,715 posts
1 hour ago, Pigpen_721 said:

Yea! 'cuz the player has all the control over the connection.

Which is why pink doesn't do anything. Only if you have chronic connection issues will it progress to orange.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
240 posts
5,319 battles
On 4/30/2018 at 8:06 AM, RipNuN2 said:

Which is why pink doesn't do anything. Only if you have chronic connection issues will it progress to orange.

You didn't think about that too hard did you? Let's put this in another context... Let's say you have a brother. That brother breaks the neighbour's window. You take the blame and the beating for it... 

[R_N]
Members
108 posts
5,061 battles

this new penalty system truelly sucks azz!!!!! you Morons in St. Petersburg really messed this up.

[ACA]
Members
7 posts
1,780 battles

Hi All!

I, as many here have been penalized for something I had no control over. The new Rules program is flawed as it has a "One size fits all" approach to assigning penalties.  I have sent reports to WOW concerning this flaw, and here my latest response..

"Hi boldknight,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.
I am terribly sorry to know that you are experiencing disconnection that resulted into you being in pink status. Allow us to be of assistance.

Kindly be reminded that the system automatically recognizes if you've left the battle, thus resulting the pink status. Fleeing the battlefield is defined as being active for less than 75% of the duration of a battle (either by your own choice or in the case of technical failure).

Intentional leaving of battles will now earn you penalties as introduced recently. More information can be found by going through this link:
Battle Discipline

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused you, Captain. Fair winds and following seas!"

OK?  Now look at the one word that I have underscored "Intentional"  This defines the total problem with this program to assess penalties.  The programmers did NOT follow the desighn, to only assess penalties for Intentional leaving of battles.  This tells me the level of inexperience WOW has in the development team.  They have no clue but to just write a global command to assess penalties for all who leave the game, intentional or not.  They could write a patch to their program that currently has data that shows when a person is disconnected from the Server, indicting it is NOT intentional.  The question is now, do they have anyone capable of creating such a patch?  I'm beginning to think this is a bunch of Gamer kids who can write gaming code, but are clueless on how to develop a program that intelligently can determine if a player Intentionally quits a game vs those who are no longer on the server? Or, do they give a damn?

One way to affect change is to stop spending any money to reward this bunch for a crappy rules program.  These folks seem to thrive on being greedy as they are now charging coins for flags.  In a perverse way, they might even come up with an idea to hold you hostage with a penalty and allow you to purchase your way out of it?  Nothing would surprise me with this bunch of Euro Kids.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,490 posts
1 hour ago, boldknight said:

Hi All!

I, as many here have been penalized for something I had no control over. The new Rules program is flawed as it has a "One size fits all" approach to assigning penalties.  I have sent reports to WOW concerning this flaw, and here my latest response..

"Hi boldknight,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.
I am terribly sorry to know that you are experiencing disconnection that resulted into you being in pink status. Allow us to be of assistance.

Kindly be reminded that the system automatically recognizes if you've left the battle, thus resulting the pink status. Fleeing the battlefield is defined as being active for less than 75% of the duration of a battle (either by your own choice or in the case of technical failure).

Intentional leaving of battles will now earn you penalties as introduced recently. More information can be found by going through this link:
Battle Discipline

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused you, Captain. Fair winds and following seas!"

OK?  Now look at the one word that I have underscored "Intentional"  This defines the total problem with this program to assess penalties.  The programmers did NOT follow the desighn, to only assess penalties for Intentional leaving of battles.  This tells me the level of inexperience WOW has in the development team.  They have no clue but to just write a global command to assess penalties for all who leave the game, intentional or not.  They could write a patch to their program that currently has data that shows when a person is disconnected from the Server, indicting it is NOT intentional.  The question is now, do they have anyone capable of creating such a patch?  I'm beginning to think this is a bunch of Gamer kids who can write gaming code, but are clueless on how to develop a program that intelligently can determine if a player Intentionally quits a game vs those who are no longer on the server? Or, do they give a damn?

One way to affect change is to stop spending any money to reward this bunch for a crappy rules program.  These folks seem to thrive on being greedy as they are now charging coins for flags.  In a perverse way, they might even come up with an idea to hold you hostage with a penalty and allow you to purchase your way out of it?  Nothing would surprise me with this bunch of Euro Kids.

This is the same company that can figure out how to insert obnoxious badges, but apparently lacks the ability or desire to install on off switch for them. That was when they lost my money.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles

If what WG says is true.

5 minutes is the amount of time you are allowed to be inactive for a full 20 minute game. Or, another way to put it, you have to be active for 15 minutes of a whole 20 minute game.

A game that only lasts 10 minutes would be half that. so... you'd have to have been moving or doing something for 7.5 minutes.

If your connection is lost, the amount of time you are given to reconnect before taking a penalty would be:

5 minutes for a 20 minute match.

2m 30s for a 10 minute match.

Both seem pretty doable unless you are having severe connection issues.

If your game crashes, you'd have to reopen the game. Might be cutting it a bit close (depending on you connection) but you should be able to do it in 2 minutes. Even with a connection like mine, I can manage in under 2 minutes easy.

Don't forget that there are more than likely other aspects that help to determine one's inactivity. If you can get some shots off, cap something, probably do anything at all (as they even have a "Minimum Distance" aspects that says that you have to move "so far" during a match).

If it continues to crash, you might want to take a break from playing to find out why it is doing so. But a simple crash should not be enough to stop you from logging back in within the timeframe to continue playing.

As a general question to the OP: Is there something other than the crash keeping you from logging back in?

Hang on, I just realized the mistake I made there. You were saying that the Game Files themselves were faulty and that the game would not reopen correct?

Edited by Levits

[CTTDS]
Members
45 posts
10,438 battles
6 hours ago, Levits said:

If what WG says is true.

5 minutes is the amount of time you are allowed to be inactive for a full 20 minute game. Or, another way to put it, you have to be active for 15 minutes of a whole 20 minute game.

If I have a task to be the first to spot a BB,  I'm gonna race my dd at full speed to complete the mission.  This means I could be spotted and wiped out WELL BEFORE 5 minutes have expired.  So accomplishing a task would be the reason for a warning?

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles
11 hours ago, davehenrie said:

no, you would not receive a warning as you would not have been "Inactive".

You spotted a BB, you moved, and I would assume that you or someone on your team fired a shell at it or whatever else you might have spotted. You wont be penalized or given a warning for dying early. Trust me, I know XD been there done that.

As long as you move a certain distance (WG did not specify to keep people form abusing the system), and or actually do something in the game, you should be fine.

Not sure how well the system works against those that give up half way through a match though...

Members
46 posts
10,980 battles

I hit Battle button and programmed crashed.  Tried to get back in but kept crashing.  Now I got a message saying I am pink

No.  I am not wearing pink cause there is a 'pointer from Hades' or similar in the program.  If I had released a torp without checking for friendlies I understand, but not this.

Will check back later to see if this is fixed.