You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

what's the scoop at rank ten and below?

14 comments in this topic

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,266 posts
15,040 battles

Ran through the usual nubs and hit rank ten, now the real grind begins, what is tier X ranked like? Dying to rank out in my Shima, as it is my love, my life, and best friend... but hearing the PA dd is the trick? throw some love on tier X ranked if a have a few mins please!

[STURM]
Members
54 posts
18,570 battles

From what i can tell from the last two-days: meta is def Des Moines w/radar; Z-52 and Yueyang (with radar) are the preferred DDs. BBs are all over, but i have seen some Conqs using HE on CAs.... Ive tried almost all my t10 ships (about 13). I fell Z-52 is pretty good. Had some great games with Republic. Shima (in my opinion) is t10 on hard-mode. I saw a few Shimas running 20k torps last night; they got laughed at by opposing team (use the 12km, please!). I feel Z-52 and Republic will be my most used, and the Yue. Maybe some Moskva.   

• Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,266 posts
15,040 battles
8 minutes ago, ArcDogRob said:

From what i can tell from the last two-days: meta is def Des Moines w/radar; Z-52 and Yueyang (with radar) are the preferred DDs. BBs are all over, but i have seen some Conqs using HE on CAs.... Ive tried almost all my t10 ships (about 13). I fell Z-52 is pretty good. Had some great games with Republic. Shima (in my opinion) is t10 on hard-mode. I saw a few Shimas running 20k torps last night; they got laughed at by opposing team (use the 12km, please!). I feel Z-52 and Republic will be my most used, and the Yue. Maybe some Moskva.   

Preesh the feedback!

20k shimas...sigh

Members
1,201 posts
3,156 battles

Right now the only tier X I have is Yamato. Will it be worth taking out into ranked, or am I better off grinding Gearing first?

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,266 posts
15,040 battles
1 minute ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Right now the only tier X I have is Yamato. Will it be worth taking out into ranked, or am I better off grinding Gearing first?

Yamato is heartbreaker and life taker, go balls deep! whether you do well in ranked or not as long as you have fun. But  good Yamato player takes a backseat to no one.

See the source image

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles

Lots of high powered players. This means that potatoes have a far greater effect on the battle: our potato DD was killed sitting in smoke and that was it. If your team has two potatoes, its over, unless a miracle occurs. 

On the other hand, the teamwork is much higher. All three games lots of discussion about how to play the match before we dove in. Meta seems to favor Des Moines for radar and fire spam, and Hindy because nothing can cit a Hindy. It is easier to cit a Yammy or a Montana than a Hindy. I'd switch to Hindy but I'm a crappy Hindy player. But as in any situation, play what you are comfortable in.

ZMOG Sitting in smoke at T10 lololololololololol. 

Unfortunately WG had an attack of WG-ness so every map has the same three-cap formula. Gets real old real fast. All on high tier maps, every single one of which is garbage. This game needs new maps desperately, but fortunately we have.... the Veryhag.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,815 posts
10,866 battles
28 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Lots of high powered players. This means that potatoes have a far greater effect on the battle: our potato DD was killed sitting in smoke and that was it. If your team has two potatoes, its over, unless a miracle occurs. 

On the other hand, the teamwork is much higher. All three games lots of discussion about how to play the match before we dove in. Meta seems to favor Des Moines for radar and fire spam, and Hindy because nothing can cit a Hindy. It is easier to cit a Yammy or a Montana than a Hindy. I'd switch to Hindy but I'm a crappy Hindy player. But as in any situation, play what you are comfortable in.

ZMOG Sitting in smoke at T10 lololololololololol. 

Unfortunately WG had an attack of WG-ness so every map has the same three-cap formula. Gets real old real fast. All on high tier maps, every single one of which is garbage. This game needs new maps desperately, but fortunately we have.... the Veryhag.

YEP!

+1

Gearing and Grozovoi are both solid DD options.

Sitting in smoke is an LOL thing at T10? Hardly! As long as you know radar isn't coming/close enough, and torpedoes are far enough off to be dodgeable or are on cool down, smoke is a powerful option at T10. Ask any successful Minotaur division. Gearing and Grozovoi, and Yueyang, too. Smoke is a powerful tool, even at T10; it just requires a more adept approach than at T5.

[STURM]
Members
54 posts
18,570 battles
39 minutes ago, Citrusss said:

any thoughts on Khabarovsk? is it usable?

I had a few games in my Khab today, after being hesitate to bring her to rank. All were successful, but i had two support DDs. I dont want to jump into a gamew/Khab if i was the only DD on my team. But yeah, I think Khab can do well in rank as a support DD.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

10 and bellow?

25-11 is basically just doing your best and hoping out of the 8 BBs in the match your 4 can eat paste and fire their guns at something approaching effective levels.

[R-F1]
Members
508 posts
22,222 battles

Funny, first game of the season I got pushed out of my smoke by a bb and thought "oh man i cant wait 'till rank 10".  First game of rank 10 tonight a bb rams me and pushes me right out of my smoke...  

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles
18 hours ago, ArcDogRob said:

I had a few games in my Khab today, after being hesitate to bring her to rank. All were successful, but i had two support DDs. I dont want to jump into a gamew/Khab if i was the only DD on my team. But yeah, I think Khab can do well in rank as a support DD.

Khab I've seen once. Most players are  running Shima, Gearing, Z52, and Yueyang.

I play a bunch of games in Shima. It's not viable, because of the radar issue. Yueyang is really powerful -- what a stupid decision that was to put radar on a DD -- and in the  confined quarters of Ranked that radar is really useful. I think in the end everyone will gravitate to Yueyang or Z52 with that sonar. Not much point in Shima -- yes, I know YOU have a 71% Shima and kill 10 ships in every Ranked match, with 300K damage and a slew of achievements. But for ordinary players it is hard to make it work.

The meta is BB heavy, so Khab could work if it had two DDs that could cap with it. But if you are one of two or less DDs, it is more difficult.

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,260 battles
2 hours ago, MajorHavoc said:

Funny, first game of the season I got pushed out of my smoke by a bb and thought "oh man i cant wait 'till rank 10".  First game of rank 10 tonight a bb rams me and pushes me right out of my smoke...  

the only thing missing is that the BB driver explodes seconds later then goes off in chat about not getting support...