You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

What do you guys think of teammates that get sunk in the first 3 minutes?

83 comments in this topic

[KSC]
Members
60 posts
7,218 battles

you tell people to get back, you type in chat that they're going to die, but somehow they're deluded into thinking they're batman, or superman/woman, or some tankgod. 

Hey watch this!

Famous last words for an untimely death

Edited by DMFDMinister

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,922 posts
2,810 battles

Generally that they are probably too aggressive, but somebody is going to be the first to be sunk.  Three minutes is a bit much though.

Members
1,202 posts
3,156 battles

If they didn't expect to die or had an unfortunate meeting with another ship (radar minotaur, detonation, hail mary battleship salvo) then it's okay. We all have bad games from time to time. If they rush in and start yelling at their team, then I have a problem with it. 

[HAPPY]
Members
51 posts
12,232 battles

seriously....it is because you are the best....THE BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!  All day I have heard from (male genitalia) like you tell me what to do and threaten to report me because I did not use my radar (or whatever the HE double toothpicks) they felt should have happened  in the (holy religious fornication) thing they think should have happened.  Get the F off you holy high horse and help your team instead of being the same (child of a female dog) that you are showing you are.

Yea....ranked has me pissed.

Thank you for your consideration.

P.S.  You suck.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,720 posts
9,439 battles

I call them window lickers and proceed to outscore them. Then giggle about how bad they play when see score results!

• Cool 1

[HAPPY]
Members
51 posts
12,232 battles

I am sorry...I have had scotch now......

Just try to utilize the team to the best of your abilities to derive the most signifigant impact and make the best of the situation.  Be understanding.  Try to teach that yolo is bad.

holy crap I cant do it...you still suck.  I am sure it is ALWAYS the team that has let you down and caused your win rate.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
69 posts
24,792 battles

It has been awhile ago, but I was having one of those days when MM was being especially brutal. It did not matter what I tried I was always the bottom tier ship. It did not matter even if I tried to take out my tier 10 ships. At tier 9 and 10 no one to battle would show up. but go down to tier 8, then low and behold I would be up against those tier 9 and 10 ships.

Totally frustrating day.

Well the final match before I pulled the plug I was in New Mexico, On the teams were North Carolina, and 2 Tirpitz plus other ships, all but 1 other are higher tier than me. As soon as the battle starts I am placed on the far right side of the map, alone. Several ships from the center of the map start my way to assist me. I start moving forward to head to the only place I could and that was to head for c cap. I make it 2km from where i started when up pops the enemy North Carolina right in front of me. He is well out of my gun range. Almost as soon as he is spotted I go boom. 9 16" shells from long range and I am done for. Total time in combat a little over 2 minutes, total distance traveled 2 km's and had zero kills zero damage.

Decided it was then a great time to go watch tv, and try again the next day.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

Potatoes... They just press W and either ground on a island or die. Sometimes they press the wrong key and press S intead of W and sail to the border of the map. 

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,919 battles

Windowlickers...its been so long since i heard that....

But i did want to point out the latest datamining shows that WG has rigged it against those who make posts about potato teams.

After watching countless hours of top unicum players, it seems their MM is better, no one dies on the green team there.

Oh wait maybe i just dreamed that up.

Hell sometimes the super unicum ex omni player shows up with stock consumables, rush caps b with a div mate on neighbors, both smoke although sitting next to each other, one laughes so hard she doesnt hydro, multiple torps are eaten, while being focus fired, and both die within a minute.

Sometimes good players make bad calls, sometimes luck. List 12 personal friends, and then tell me how often at least one isnt having a good day, or doesnt make a mistake.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

When a player gets wasted early in a battle it doesn't necessarily mean that they're incompetent, sometimes folks are just unlucky. In a Ranked battle today while driving Lo Yang, I moved into a cap, was detected, (radar) and immediately Priority Targeting read (4) and a few seconds later I was dead. I'll give those folks credit, they were on the ball. Was I incompetent or stupid? No, I was just unlucky.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
802 posts
5,874 battles

What do I think of teammates who get sunk in the first three minutes of the game? 

I think they made a mistake.

If they managed to get killed in the first three minutes; they are still way ahead compared to:

The Tirpitz, Scharnhorst or other BB that was the hero of the I-line and last to die, with zero kills & zero objective contribution.

The slow USN BB that took the scenic route and rendered themselves an effective mission kill for the next 3-4 minutes. (and then dies horribly)

The tier V or higher DD who still thinks "I can solo rush that no good CV and get him. It's gotta work this time, right?" Nope, if it's stupid and it worked; you got lucky and it's still a bad idea statistically.

The shrieking "Reee" -fest in chat of two or more ferals trying to out do the other in a tactless(though not always witless) race to the bottom in social behavior.

The F-key spammer who just can't get enough attention, or intelligence data, when clearly such data has no port of entry into their processor.

The AFK'er who suddenly finds the W key at the 13:00 minute mark when the red team starts farming their HP.

The vengeful ghost of Admiral Alfred Thayer Mahan himself, who, despite being sunk some minutes ago, has fixated his hatred upon thee, and has made it his afterlife's mission to spew his disgust at your continued existence in all chat, vehemently questioning your tactics and paternal lineage in increasingly shrill verbiage. (I mean seriously, you'd think the spirit of such an august personage would have just a skosh more, uhm, decorum, would you not?)

I have been all of 'those guys'. Although to be honest, my Khan Noonian Singh/Admiral Mahan impression is pretty pale compared to some I've seen. I try not to do that anymore. It's bad for the blood pressure..

tl;dr

LIGHTEN_UPd (2).jpg

Edited by Curly__san
spelling correction
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[RO-I]
Members
64 posts
2,089 battles

They are true heroes, they died for their country, while you stayed far away back in your BB, like a coward. You didn't survived because you were good, but because you were coward.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
24 minutes ago, Sheeple_Slayer said:

They are true heroes, they died for their country, while you stayed far away back in your BB, like a coward. You didn't survived because you were good, but because you were coward.

If you were a BB captain IRL you would be fired or worse. BB's are capital ships they are supposed to stay far away, I mean that's the whole point of Dreadnought's they shoot from far away and don't go close to Destroyers or cruisers. 

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,283 battles
35 minutes ago, Sheeple_Slayer said:

I've seen BB's go in while typing in chat "I ain't stoppin'.!"

There are DD's that try to make an early play and get the short end of the stick.

I imagine its the same for CA's/Cl's going in for the heroic save and being cut down by one nasty BB salvo...
5a5ab3b1c04f3_misslehitsship.gif.383d6ac1364e9a1f0a6d59061e2e280d.gif

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
3 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

When a player gets wasted early in a battle it doesn't necessarily mean that they're incompetent, sometimes folks are just unlucky. In a Ranked battle today while driving Lo Yang, I moved into a cap, was detected, (radar) and immediately Priority Targeting read (4) and a few seconds later I was dead. I'll give those folks credit, they were on the ball. Was I incompetent or stupid? No, I was just unlucky.

Yeah, it happens.  If it happens multiple times in a row to the same person, then that's different.  There is likely to be a relationship between your untimely deaths and your actions.  I've done it myself a time or two when I was new, or when I get in a hurry or...

On the other hand, you just get unlucky sometimes.

This wasn't in ranked, but I was in a random in a New York, and this poor Ishizuchi didn't even know I was there till I fired.  I was 11.5 km from him, my surface detect was 10.8 till I fired, and he took 5 pens on the first salvo, and 4 citadels for 33K+ on the 2nd salvo.  Dead.  He was angled to everyone he could see, but then I popped up, and he didn't have time to hide in the time between one salve and the next.  He just got unlucky twice: once that he got caught that way, and twice that RNGesus let me 2-shot him.

Of course, I've had the similar happen to me.  

Edited by mavfin87
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

I mostly assume that they are in a management position somewhere, getting highly paid to do... something. No ones sure what, but rest assured they look very busy and know how to pass the blame while not taking responsibility.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

They're actually on your team less than they're on the enemy team. It's just you don't notice them when they're on the enemy team.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
6 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

I always get a lot of these people on my team. I can't get rid of them. After 8 minutes I'm usually the only BB together with one afk CA and a coward CV.

This pisses me off to no end. Dying in the first 4 minutes needs to be punished by auto-reporting, with 3 deaths forcing these people to play 10 Co-op games before they can get back to playing randoms. These people dont have the intelligence and/or skill to be playing randoms, especially high tiers. So force them to grow a brain, or have them fight bots until they are good enough.

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,298 posts
12,371 battles
6 hours ago, cometguy said:

What constitutes a coward CV?

U NOT RUSH THE CAP IN THE CV U'RE A COWARD

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,017 posts

well, heres my story of how I died in 3 minutes yesterday. You decide if my death was avoidable.

playing donskoi (stock) and followed an allied shima towards a cap (but well behind as he was faster and I didnt want to yolo into unknown waters).

Shima gets to edge of cap, spots an enemy Khaba, smokes and runs from cap.

Im not spotted, my guns werent facing quite right to get a shot off, im 12km from the khaba so no point radaring. pop hydro anyway. yes, I choose not to use DF.

30 seconds later 15 enemy shima torps appear 2-3 km off my starboard, all in a tight spread perfectly predicting my (or any allied) movements or simply coincidentally spammed at his smoke and traveled through, I dont know. Id love to know why my hydro didnt pick them up at 4-5km. Despite throwing the brakes on and turning in I still collected 2 torps which was enough for 100% hp instant kill.

Given that I was not ever spotted, and the enemys shima was never spotted, could I have reason to take earlier evasive action??

• Cool 2