You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Operation Narai - What's the Problem?

13 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
6,086 posts
10,223 battles

So there have been a few posts from players saying that Operation Narai was simply an easy farming ground for credits and whatnot.  But is that enough justification to completely shut it down?  I mean, it's basically a co-op scenario.....so what's the big deal?  It's not like the other operations can't be farmed for the same type of thing.

[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles

So the argument here is: 

1.Operation Narai is an exploit for farming,

2. It is also a co-op scenario,

3. Other co-op scenarios have not been shut down,

Therefore Operation Narai shouldn't be shut down?

[-K-]
Members
6,086 posts
10,223 battles
10 minutes ago, Sventex said:

So the argument here is: 

Yep, pretty much.

[SF-A]
Members
3,003 posts
6,314 battles

They wanted to make it equivalent to other scenarios in difficulty. That way, people are not incentivized to play it repetitively and instead are encouraged to fill PvP queues.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles

I think I only played Narai once and not very successfully. What was it about Narai that made it such a farm and requiring shutdown?

[TBW]
Members
7,378 posts
13,536 battles

I agree, some people could farm on Narai, there are however a limited number of points to farm. I think it was a great place to shine and carry the team. I think this is what WG is afraid of. The other scenarios are not quite as easy to win if the team fails. I never tried it but I would bet that it is easy for 4 good players to beat Narai.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
9,522 posts
11,845 battles

They actually buffed the bots on  all the operation so it is bit tougher to farm  as well.         Narai was abused a lot, as some were farming millions of FXP.   I can see why WG would wanted to kill it.    

[HYDRO]
Members
2,780 posts
4,565 battles
13 minutes ago, Sventex said:

So the argument here is: 

I would add to that how stupidly easy it was to dominate with Atlantas, it was as if the scenario was made with it in mind. Many people got their Missouris that way.

[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think I only played Narai once and not very successfully. What was it about Narai that made it such a farm and requiring shutdown?

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles

It was very easy to win and I believe the XP out of it was quite good - better than most.  Once it was figured out how to win and folks got good at it it became a "It's easy" button win.  4 or 5 stars was almost a forgone conclusion.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,970 posts
14,049 battles

Narai was farmable because it could be completed much faster than the other scenarios. It ended when you killed all the enemy ships, which could be completed in around 10 minutes (you do have to wait for them all to spawn). This is twice as fast as most of the other scenarios, which force you to wait for some slow [edited]NPC ship to make it across the map, which in turn is locked to a timer of almost exactly 20 minutes.

It was also farmable because you would get the same amount of enemy "tonnage", i.e. XP, regardless of how many players you took, so queueing undermanned let you split it fewer ways, resulting in larger per-player earnings. With ~5 players on the team, these earnings became comparable to those from a decent Random Battles win.

Consistent 10-minute games * Earnings comparable to a Random Battle win = Too much econ. Sorry guys.

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles
17 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The bots were totally predictable and easily killed, often coming out broadside. Many bots were unarmed merchant ships. Almost all were easily farmed.

There was only one serious problem, the Missouri that appears just before the human team enters the harbor. If that is killed it was easy five stars.

There is a mobile repair so early damage could be repaired.

In Atlanta 200K damage games in this scenario were routine, and I once got over 800 hits and 335K damage. Not even my best, in Scharn I had 350K. And I am lifetime 50% player. 

I am really looking forward to the upgraded version. Ultimate Frontier is now much harder.