Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ShatteredJade

CV botting in ranked

51 comments in this topic

[TQL]
Members
140 posts
8,299 battles

possibly the worst thing you can do in this game, and report just doesn't cut it.  is WG gonna do something about those idiots?  

Members
2,055 posts
509 battles
14 minutes ago, ShatteredJade said:

possibly the worst thing you can do in this game, and report just doesn't cut it.  is WG gonna do something about those idiots?  

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,719 posts
9,439 battles

I don't remember seeing anything about WG being able to detect bots in Random.

Of course, if it's a self-aware CV bot tired of pve adventures, that'd be jaw-dropping!

• Funny 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
22 minutes ago, Reymu said:

I don't remember seeing anything about WG being able to detect bots in Random.

Of course, if it's a self-aware CV bot tired of pve adventures, that'd be jaw-dropping!

Skynet confirmed :Smile_hiding:

Members
2,055 posts
509 battles

I see that I have ANOTHER stalker.... that is so GD cute it kills me....I almost want to make a thread about it but last time I did that I got a strike....
But still, its adorable...
Anyway, back to the topic...
The bot thing... is this an AFK thing or another  actual "BOT" script thing like we had a couple years back when there were actually players that wrote some sort of code or something happened when the ships actually acted like Bots and not them logging in sending planes and leaving the battle to start another one...
I would be interested to know what is going on and what, if anything, will be done about it, if it is another "Situation" like the last one... similar to the IOWA issue we had last year...

[WOLF7]
Members
11,410 posts
8 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I see that I have ANOTHER stalker.... that is so GD cute it kills me....I almost want to make a thread about it but last time I did that I got a strike....
The bot thing... is this an AFK thing or another  actual "BOT" script thing like we had a couple years back when there were actually players that wrote some sort of code or something happened when the ships actually acted like Bots and not them logging in sending planes and leaving the battle to start another one...
I would be interested to know what is going on and what, if anything, will be done about it, if it is another "Situation" like the last one... similar to the IOWA issue we had last year...

More than likely it's a sync drop alt. Ranked makes it easy to do with a CV....

[SALVO]
Members
20,143 posts
19,989 battles
7 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

No, I think that what the problem is that it's believed that some people have alt accounts, and what they do is this.  They have WoWS running on 2 computers, with the 2 different accounts.  And then the player in question enters RkB's with CVs at the same time, so that he has a strong chance of having his main account CV facing his alt account CV, which he then proceeds to just let go afk, while he ends up with no competition from his alt account, afk CV, thus owning the skies in that battle without a fight and greatly increasing his chances of winning.

But it seems like a problem with this is that it only works as long as you're able to keep the alt account in the same general ranked MM league, because if you don't, then you'd have no chance of facing your alt account CV in battle.  

Members
2,055 posts
509 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

No, I think that what the problem is that it's believed that some people have alt accounts, and what they do is this.  They have WoWS running on 2 computers, with the 2 different accounts.  And then the player in question enters RkB's with CVs at the same time, so that he has a strong chance of having his main account CV facing his alt account CV, which he then proceeds to just let go afk, while he ends up with no competition from his alt account, afk CV, thus owning the skies in that battle without a fight and greatly increasing his chances of winning.

But it seems like a problem with this is that it only works as long as you're able to keep the alt account in the same general ranked MM league, because if you don't, then you'd have no chance of facing your alt account CV in battle.  

but if that is true and WG can find all this info... and yet it still happens... what will that say about WG and all the issues that the "Sportsmanlike" penalties they are going to hand out...??

[SALVO]
Members
20,143 posts
19,989 battles
11 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

but if that is true and WG can find all this info... and yet it still happens... what will that say about WG and all the issues that the "Sportsmanlike" penalties they are going to hand out...??

I don't know how you stop something like this.  If someone has enough money, they can buy an Enterprise (or the GZ when it becomes available), and then all you need to do is spend a little time building up a mildly decent captain because you might have to play the alt acct  CV enough to try to parallel your main account's CV's rank.  

I know some might object to this suggestion, but it seems to me that the simplest way to deal with this is block CVs from ranked play.  I know that it'd hurt some honest players, but if there's no way (or at least no easy way) to prevent this travesty, you're punishing all the honest non-CV players who get stuck with a bot CV on their team to pay for the honest CV players to have the privilege of playing their CVs.  

A few seasons back I had the joy of being on a ranked team who had a CV that refused to engage the enemy.  he wasn't afk, but all he did was send his ship from its north side spawn over to A1, where he did nothing the rest of the battle.  And IIRC, it was a Saipan.  

In a situation like that, it seems that the best way to check of the other CV is a cheater, is to check to see if the person in question paid for premium stuff with the same credit card.  If so, he's been caught red-handed and should be banned from the game.  Or at least banned from Ranked Battles.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Warning, Will Robinson; Danger, Danger!

33 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I see that I have ANOTHER stalker.... that is so GD cute it kills me

Wow, you're right up there with @Lert, who also at one time had his own Forum stalker; Tell me, how is it up there in the lands of the rich and famous? (Seriously, I am green with envy; until I die then I'm red with torpedo holes!)

27 minutes ago, awiggin said:

More than likely it's a sync drop alt. Ranked makes it easy to do with a CV....

Ninja'd on that question, but that does make more sense than a single bot. Someone trying to get a free reward ship maybe?

8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

the simplest way to deal with this is block CVs from ranked play.

First, you would need to prove that this is what is happening; good luck with THAT! And, second, good luck getting CVs banned after all the effort WoW has put into them recently.

[TQL]
Members
140 posts
8,299 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I encounter those idiots twice in 9 ranked games I played today. seems to me they are using a simple mouse micro to prevent auto kick. once in the game, their planes would take off but the ship don't usually move.

Edited by ShatteredJade

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
17,088 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I don't know how you stop something like this.  If someone has enough money, they can buy an Enterprise (or the GZ when it becomes available), and then all you need to do is spend a little time building up a mildly decent captain because you might have to play the alt acct  CV enough to try to parallel your main account's CV's rank.  

I know some might object to this suggestion, but it seems to me that the simplest way to deal with this is block CVs from ranked play.  I know that it'd hurt some honest players, but if there's no way (or at least no easy way) to prevent this travesty, you're punishing all the honest non-CV players who get stuck with a bot CV on their team to pay for the honest CV players to have the privilege of playing their CVs.  

A few seasons back I had the joy of being on a ranked team who had a CV that refused to engage the enemy.  he wasn't afk, but all he did was send his ship from its north side spawn over to A1, where he did nothing the rest of the battle.  And IIRC, it was a Saipan.  

In a situation like that, it seems that the best way to check of the other CV is a cheater, is to check to see if the person in question paid for premium stuff with the same credit card.  If so, he's been caught red-handed and should be banned from the game.  Or at least banned from Ranked Battles.

They would just use gift cards so its hard to track

[SALVO]
Members
20,143 posts
19,989 battles
4 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

They would just use gift cards so its hard to track

They could, but WG hardly needs to tell the offending players how they proved the link between the two accounts.

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

With the millions of $$$'s up for grabs playing WoWS people are going to find a way to cheat. We all want to be on the PRO tour. 

Members
2,055 posts
509 battles
21 hours ago, Umikami said:

Wow, you're right up there with @Lert, who also at one time had his own Forum stalker; Tell me, how is it up there in the lands of the rich and famous? (Seriously, I am green with envy; until I die then I'm red with torpedo holes!)

i AM FLATTERED actually... for someone to go though all that trouble like one did a few months ago before I had to dust the "neptune" off and went through DOZENS and DOZENS of old posts to neg them and BAD them... I even had a PM convo with one of the mods to look into it as they can see things we cannot... and I will never know what if anything due to privacy, which I am fine with. I mean its the internet, not life,... but its cute that someone thinks he is being clever or something and that I would get all flustered...and even make a remark that I had to post about it so I MUST be flustered...it is adorable and I hope he can continue doing it while still being able to keep up with his studies and chores at home...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

it is adorable and I hope he can continue doing it while still being able to keep up with his studies and chores at home...

Do you really think a 43 year old, single man who lives in his mom's basement has a lot of chores or studies?

Members
2,055 posts
509 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Do you really think a 43 year old, single man who lives in his mom's basement has a lot of chores or studies?

mfonbvQ.gif

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles
3 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

mfonbvQ.gif

You and @RedSeaBear should have a meme off; you two have some of the best I've seen!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles
4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

@neptunes_wrath Come at me Bro

Y0Kcp3D.gif

Oh My God! (What have I started?!?!)

[NDA]
Supertester
5,154 posts
15,306 battles