Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Question about BFT and AFT skills

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles

The skills are described as affecting "main armament with a calibre up to and including 139mm, AND SECONDARY GUNS."

Does this mean ANY secondaries, regardless of calibre?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
19 minutes ago, B_Wilco said:

yes, all of them.

Now we know why they won't allow late-Victorian-era mixed-battery (e.g. 9.2 inch and 7.5 inch) armoured cruisers - imagine near-8-inch secondaries with BFT and AFT applied! :Smile_teethhappy: Or even worse, the Powerful-class cruisers - two twin 9.2 inch and SIXTEEN six-inch (in her final form). Imagine having a Leander or Perth strapped to each side of your ship in a Tier 2 or 3 match...

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Now we know why they won't allow late-Victorian-era mixed-battery (e.g. 9.2 inch and 7.5 inch) armoured cruisers - imagine near-8-inch secondaries with BFT and AFT applied! :Smile_teethhappy: Or even worse, the Powerful-class cruisers - two twin 9.2 inch and SIXTEEN six-inch (in her final form). Imagine having a Leander or Perth strapped to each side of your ship in a Tier 2 or 3 match...

So what? The skills cut off at 139 mm, since the skills wouldn't affect the 9.2 or 7.5 guns that doesnt make sense.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
1 minute ago, Kevs02Accord said:

So what? The skills cut off at 139 mm, since the skills wouldn't affect the 9.2 or 7.5 guns that doesnt make sense.

Read what was said above about ALL secondary guns. If the 7.5's got classified as secondaries, BFT and AFT would apply to them.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,683 battles
8 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

If they cut off at 139mm which they don't then German secondary builds would be useless which they are not. The 139mm is a reference to most DD and some cruiser main battery guns.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,585 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There are ships in the game now with much better secondary suites than that. German and French battleships come to mind right away.

21 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Not unless they're main battery guns; if they're secondaries they will receive the buff regardless of the caliber.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

There are ships in the game now with much better secondary suites than that.

At Tier 8, yes I will grant you that, but at tier 2 to 4???

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,585 posts
15,896 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

At Tier 8, yes I will grant you that, but at tier 2 to 4???

Can you say MIKASA?

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
41 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Read what was said above about ALL secondary guns. If the 7.5's got classified as secondaries, BFT and AFT would apply to them.

33 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

If they cut off at 139mm which they don't then German secondary builds would be useless which they are not. The 139mm is a reference to most DD and some cruiser main battery guns.

20 minutes ago, Umikami said:

There are ships in the game now with much better secondary suites than that. German and French battleships come to mind right away.

Not unless they're main battery guns; if they're secondaries they will receive the buff regardless of the caliber.

Interesting, that is not how I interpreted the description of the skill, to me its 139mm for main battery and 139 mm secondary guns. I just assumed they didn't include the full text. I believe, for clarity, they should have improves main caliber up to 139 mm and all secondary guns or even all secondary gun calibers.

Edited by Kevs02Accord

[ARGSY]
Members
10,126 posts
6,607 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Can you say MIKASA?

Eight a side? Remember, I'm talking about a large protected cruiser here, not a BB.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,585 posts
15,896 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Eight a side? Remember, I'm talking about a large protected cruiser here, not a BB.

and I thought we were talking about BFT and AFT skills, which apply equally to each type of ship ... My bad!

Sign in to follow this